The Vertigo Show is in the Round.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If this in-the-round thing is true, my seats just got pretty damn good.

joyfulgirl said:
If this in-the-round thing is true, my seats just got pretty damn good.

if this in the round thing is true, I just returned seats that are pretty good.

but, I hate to say it, but I highly doubt it's true.
thye've never done it, and if they're using more video stuff this time around, a round setup doesn't make sense.

c'mon...can any of you really see Larry Mullen Jr. saying "ok" to a rotating stage?

Not to mention the logistical nightmares of such a thing.

I've never liked the concept and hope it's bull but don't think it is. She was too exact in her description on how it would look...but would it be possible to have two main stages?

artdirector said:
I'm telling you guys that U2.com will be asking you if you would like GA tickets to any of the added shows. Now keep in mind only those who still have the access code would receive this e-mail. Those who have tickets will have to settle for nose bleeds or whatever you purchased. Thats what I think they will do.

Sounds reasonable, but how will u2.com know which codes got used up on Ticketmaster this week? I think it more likely that all u2.com members will get an email, and then those who "saved" their codes can still use them.

Hope they don't end up making things worse in an attempt to make them better...

KentK said:

Sounds reasonable, but how will u2.com know which codes got used up on Ticketmaster this week? I think it more likely that all u2.com members will get an email, and then those who "saved" their codes can still use them.

Hope they don't end up making things worse in an attempt to make them better...
I agree - I don't think U2.com "knows" which codes have been used and which haven't. Ticketmaster is in charge of that - U2.com would have to get the database from Ticketmaster. Will they? Or just put all U2.com members in the running for t?he extra tickets? Could go either way.

I wouldn't mind in the round seating...that way if I am unable to get GA through the public sale (98% chance), my seats may not completely suck.

And I think U2.com emailing members who haven't gotten tickets yet with an opportunity for GA is the best they can do. It's a logistical nightmare, they can't be taking orders for GA tickets from everyone who isn't happy with where they're sitting. We're lucky if they can even provide decent seats for those who haven't got any tickets at all. I hope they do make that effort at least though, it would do a lot to mend their relationship with their fans.

fmattyh said:
I agree - I don't think U2.com "knows" which codes have been used and which haven't. Ticketmaster is in charge of that - U2.com would have to get the database from Ticketmaster. Will they? Or just put all U2.com members in the running for t?he extra tickets? Could go either way.

U2 had to provide TM w/ a database of the codes for the presale. It's not insane to think TM could provide U2.com with the another DB of used codes.

MrBrau1 said:

U2 had to provide TM w/ a database of the codes for the presale. It's not insane to think TM could provide U2.com with the another DB of used codes.
Could be. But I'm not convinced the codes "match up" with users on U2.com. U2.com tells TM how many codes they need, TM generates the codes and gives them to U2.com, U2.com sends them out randomly and that's that. TM can now tell U2.com which codes have not been used, but I'm not sure if that can be matched up with U2.com user names.

If they can be matched up, then I would have thought your registered U2.com address or name would have had to match your Ticketmaster name or address, to help make sure only one code per person. But they didn't have to match. This is what leads me to believe that there's no relationship between code and user name.

Not that I'm any expert in how these things work - just the thoughts off the top of my head.

bono=genius said:
i dont know...cuz i haven't ever been to a "in the round" concert...but does that mean that....some songs will be played with U2 facing their backs to half of their audience?

The show that I am going to is in San Jose, April 9th. On the HP Pavilion website the concert is listed as such:

U2
no video or audio recorders. No cameras
Club TBD
Restaurant TBD
Arena Setup: 360 degree concert 9-Apr-05
ShowTime: 7:30 PM
Doors Open: 6:30 p.m.
Approx. Length: 3 hours
$160, $95, $49.50
On Sale: Jan. 30, 2005
Discounts: None
Parking: 15

"360 degree concert" is how they classified it as, they didn't have a seating chart to represent it though...

interesting isn't it?

Last edited:
Wow that is bizarre LilJennie!!! And look how SlipKnot is end stage and Jimmy Buffett they classify as "End Stage 360 degree"
which would mean that U2s is not end stage. Wow this will be great for some people, but really piss some other people off!!

U2
Club TBD
Restaurant TBD
$160, $95, $49.50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slipknot
Club TBD
Restaurant TBD
Arena Setup: End Stage. 12-Apr-05
ShowTime: 7:00 PM
Doors Open: 6:00 p.m.
Approx. Length: Approx. 3 hours
$35
On Sale: Jan. 29, 2005
Parking: 12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy Buffett
Club TBD
Restaurant TBD
Arena Setup: End Stage 360 Degree 16-Apr-05
ShowTime: 8:00 PM
Doors Open: 7:00 p.m.
$71.50, $51.50, $31.50
On Sale: Jan. 24

LiLJennie said:
The show that I am going to is in San Jose, April 9th. On the HP Pavilion website the concert is listed as such:

U2
Club TBD
Restaurant TBD
$160, $95, $49.50

"360 degree concert" is how they classified it as, they didn't have a seating chart to represent it though...

interesting isn't it?

I forgot to add the HP Pavilion has Jimmy Buffett scheduled on April 16th, and his concert is listed "End Stage 360 Degree " as opposed to U2's simple "360 degree concert" thoughts anyone?

Elevation NA legs were 360. And "in the round" could be some dummy saying that just because EVERY seat is available it MUST be in the round.

What this news has going for it is the fact that U2 don't repeat themselves when they tour. This "egg" deal is a no brainer idea that really rips off the "heart" set up of Elevation. Sure it works well, but it appears out of character for U2 to do something they have already done before. They're about keeping things fresh. Doing the unexpected. Pushing the tour experience to new levels. An "egg" shaped stage is really a "heart" stage.

So, I don't know what to expect of this news. It could really go both ways. We'll see.

U2SJ said:
Wow that is bizarre LilJennie!!! And look how SlipKnot is end stage and Jimmy Buffett they classify as "End Stage 360 degree"
which would mean that U2s is not end stage. Wow this will be great for some people, but really piss some other people off!!

It would be ok for me, my seats won't be so crummy.....and the fact that the HP Pavilion is so small makes the experience even better.

This would mean, for example, the seating arrangement at the United Center has changed THREE (3) times -- one version immediately before the sale, another during the sale, and supposedly this one after the sale.

I've heard of "Fool me once...fool me twice" but what about "Fool me thrice"?

And this unconfirmed in-the-round business doesn't guarantee that it will be changed again, right?

Maybe they will just play on the roof and have a taped version playing on the video scoreboard and we'll all be happier than clams. Pass the Xanax & wine, please . . .

I would also like to add that if this is true, then U2 are risking more trouble by falsely advertising seats on every single seating chart available. Fans depend on those charts for purchasing.

Too much speculation, not enough fact. Why can't more information be made available? It always has in the past.

What is happening this time around?

cmb737 said:
Too much speculation, not enough fact. Why can't more information be made available? It always has in the past.

What is happening this time around?

I don't know what is specualtion or what is fact. All I know is what is listed on the HP Pavilion website, and how they are listing thier events in April. So yes, it would be nice if U2 could be more specific about the stage design.

I wonder how the stage design is effected in Europe, since arenas and stadiums are 2 different animals. I don't see how it would be logistically possible to do a center circle stage in a stadium, but then yet, I am not an engineer.

I'll try to call HP Pavilion and ask them to clarify thier listings....

360 degree concert (U2) vs. end stage 360 (jimmy buffett)?

just to see what they say, maybe I'll pick up some clues.

For those going to San Jose, can you post the U2 concert info link? I just checked the HP site and the only concert that has that info is Duran Duran.

I agree with Roland about falsely advertising, especially since there is a separate U2 seating map on ticketmaster. Also, if you look closely at the U2 map, its different than the generic end stage map. But then again, with all that's being reported, who knows????? I guess we will have to wait until they open up in San Diego!

Guys- there is NO WAY the stage is in the center of the floor. The shows are end stage with 360 degree viewing.

If the stage was in the center of the floor, the TM seating charts would show it.

It means they start singing and then section by section the fans start singing too, each section one measure behind the other.

(That's a really bad music joke.)

It means the stage is smack-dab in the center of the venue, i.e., in a basketball arena it would be center court. As opposed to end seating.

I don't think this tour is going to be in-the-round. They are selling tickets BEHIND the end stage, which is what 360-degree means.

Which SUCKS for the people behind the stage, compared to in-the-round. (Frank Sinatra did in-the-round concerts, I believe.)

In some in-the-round concerts the stage actually moves slowly; others the performer chooses various spots to perform from on a circular stage.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom