The U2 team did an awesome job this time!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sonnyu2

The Fly
Last night I recieved this email from U2 pertaining to those who purchased not so good seats in the first leg presales. And today I was able to get Philly (10/16) tickets in Section 115, Row 12, seats 1 and 2!! These are right next to the stage on Adam's side. What an upgrade for this show considering last time I got upper level seats! I absolutely can't wait for this show!! Thanx U2 team for doing an awesome job!!

Dear U2.Com Subscriber

U2 have now announced dates for a Fall leg of the 'Vertigo' tour from
September through December.

As you know from Larry's letter last month, we've done a lot of work
to
make good on the promise to give everyone the chance to get a pair of
tickets. Current presales have dealt with U2.Com subscribers who
didn't get tickets for the first leg.

We now have some tickets for the Fall leg that we can offer to some
subscribers - like you - who bought tickets first time round which
might
not have been your first choice.

In this allocation we have no GA/floor tickets left, but we have got
tickets throughout the venue and at each of the shows which are listed
for this week's public on-sale. (Dates/cities/presale information
below)

Your unique presale code is ******

(You will also find your code in the red box on the right hand side of
the home page of the Subscribers site when you log in.)

Follow this link to Ticketmaster to buy your tickets
"link removed for interference's rules"

You will be able to access the pre-sale for these shows tomorrow
(Thursday, 10am local time) but please remember that this is no
guarantee of a ticket. As we say, there's a limited number left and
they'll be dealt with on a first-come, first-served basis. We wanted to
offer them on to U2.Com Subscribers rather than turn them back.

If you decide not to participate in this week's presale, your code will
still be active for the shows which go on sale next week and we'll send
you a reminder email.

Best wishes

U2.Com Team

Póg mo thóin... forget it... u2.com and fanfire screwed me... i've been in prop since '97... no answer on the phone (3 calls- one an hour long), no new code, no presale tickets... fuck this process... fuck 'em and feed 'em beans... i don't even want to go anymore... Go hifreann leat...

Last edited:
This is wonderful. A handfull of us are getting screwed with our passcodes and not getting any tickets from any presale. Meanwhile, U2 are giving people who've already used their presale code another chance.

Thanks U2 for treating some of us like shit, and treating others like gold. Theives. You've just lost your best fan.

Last edited:
yeah i dunno about this

its good that they're trying to rectify the situation but i think they're diong it a bit blindly and not focusing properly. great of them to offer tickets to guys who got crap ones last time but surely the focus first should eb sorting out problems with people who are STILL having code rpoblems and getting screwed with nothing.

and also lets not forget the absolute US bias thats going on here - americans are getting double what anyone else does. if you're prop you get double the tickets and a decent pre-sale but thats no use to European prop members. and now even if you're not prop you're getting a second choice again - a bit of a slap in the face to the guy who used their code to buy shit tickenham tickets and isnt being given a second choice in anything.

someone should remind u2 they're not american

Sonnyu2, I agree 100%...I got some tickets at the front of the upper deck on Edge's side of the stage with zero problems this morning. Now I feel like that $40 I spent back in January was worth it. I didn't have that feeling before, even though I had some tickets that weren't great.

Now the only thing I have left to complain about is the price. :wink:

Same thing happened with me. I got the same email and went on to the presale today and was able to score GA tickets for the tuesday, september 20th show in Chicago. Best seats I have ever scored for U2!!!

I didnt get this email and i got among the shittiest nosebleed seats possible in the original presale....any idea how i can get a new code or my code re-enabled?

Got through no problems. GA's & lower sides in DC.

No problems.

Fanfire, U2, & U2.com did a good job.

I sat & watched a bunch of ppl get great tixs during the 1st presale.

I dealt with it.

I read what the successful ppl were doing on the board with fanfire.

Emulated them.

Stayed on the phone for 1.5 hrs. I didn't even have my Prop membership#. Gave them all my prior Prop Mailing addresses.
They sent me an email with the code the same day for Prior Prop status.

Went in & got tixs. No problemo.

Props to every1 involved.

If you are complaining about having to wait on the phone & your job won't allow it, then you got bigger problems.

If you are calling from another country & are complaining about not getting through then apparently you got enough cash to follow the band over here so you can spend some cash on the phone call & wait.

Life ain't fair.

Deal with it.

U2 may not be American but Americans put U2 over the top as they have repeatedly said.

Last edited:
Well that was weird. I got an email last night from U2.com, but didn't bother opening it yet - I thought it was just going to be a reminder about the 3rd leg dates going on sale. Today, I opened it up, only to find the email posted above. "Dang it," I thought, "it's already 4:00 o'clock - surely any slight chance I had for decent tickets is all but gone." Just for fun, I opened up the Chicago 9/21 show, selected $49.50 tickets, and 2 GAs came up. Wow. Needless to say, I bought them.

What a pleasant surprise. Now i have to figure out whether I can actually afford them or not... :huh:

caylan said:
Got through no problems. GA's & lower sides in DC.

No problems.

Fanfire, U2, & U2.com did a good job.

I sat & watched a bunch of ppl get great tixs during the 1st presale.

I dealt with it.

I read what the successful ppl were doing on the board with fanfire.

Emulated them.

Stayed on the phone for 1.5 hrs. I didn't even have my Prop membership#. Gave them all my prior Prop Mailing addresses.
They sent me an email with the code the same day for Prior Prop status.

Went in & got tixs. No problemo.

Props to every1 involved.

If you are complaining about having to wait on the phone & your job won't allow it, then you got bigger problems.

If you are calling from another country & are complaining about not getting through then apparently you got enough cash to follow the band over here so you can spend some cash on the phone call & wait.

Life ain't fair.

Deal with it.

U2 may not be American but Americans put U2 over the top as they have repeatedly said.

You actually think nobody here has contacted fanfire, spent time and $ on the phone, sent emails? We have, with no response. Go drink gasoline.

Last edited:
My 2 cents: The U2 team did not do an awesome job this time. I know that fault mainly lies with Fanfire and Ticketmaster, but U2 chose to use them, so they share some of the blame as well, if you ask me.

Those of you who had everything work like a charm; great, I'm happy for you. But there are some of us who weren't so lucky. And after being screwed in the first presale and now the second, I don't think a little complaining is out of line.

Personally, I finally got what I needed, but that was after being shut out the first time, spending 5 or 6 hours on the phone with Fanfire (and speaking with 4 different people), 1.5 hours with Ticketmaster, and sending numerous emails.

It shouldn't have been that way, and a little bitching is justified, especially from those who still haven't had their problems sorted out.

MrBrau1 said:

You actually think nobody here has contacted fanfire, spent time and $ on the phone, sent emails? We have, with no response. Go drink gasoline.

No, I think you did & didn't what you wanted...

Buwahahahahahaa

Act like a d! ck, get a d! ck head response.

all i can say is my asshole :ohmy: hurts and the least they could've was offer a reach-around... thanks for buggering me u2...
:huh:

I think telling someone to drink gasoline isn't in the spirit of Interference.com.

Val said:
I think telling someone to drink gasoline isn't in the spirit of Interference.com.

and calling someone a "d!ck" when they haven't been able to get tickets, is in the spirit? :ohmy:
Pass us the antifreeze love...

No Problem

I had no problem getting tickets this time maybe beacause I never got a code or letter to sign up in the first place. It took two weeks and about 10 calls but I finally was able to join U2.com as a former prop member. Since then my codes have worked.

Re: No Problem

Chuckver said:
I had no problem getting tickets this time maybe beacause I never got a code or letter to sign up in the first place. It took two weeks and about 10 calls but I finally was able to join U2.com as a former prop member. Since then my codes have worked.

2 weeks and 10 phone calls. Good job U2! Top notch work. Can't argue with quality service like 2 weeks and 10 phone calls. I think they're just hoping people get frustrated and give up. Very ethical.

caylan said:

oh i see

i've paid my $40 like you that should entitle me to fair opportunity to buy tickets to a show. However because i'm working loads of overtime and trying very hard to save my money for a trip to the States (that i would be taking anyway regardless of u2 concerts) and will then rightfully have that money to spend, its OK according to you that i should miss out of the first day of sale and not get the opportunity for the tickets i want, as well as have to spend a lot more money and time on overseas phonecalls battling to get what i've paid for and am effectively entitled to?

can we add draincleaner to the antifreeze and gasoline?

Last edited:
WhooHoo! After 3 calls I got my code reset and scored 10/4 Boston GAs!

PS-Caylan, be sure to have a smoke after you've downed that gasoline.

Back
Top Bottom