The stage is going up in Dublin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, I heard in an interview with Jake Berry yesterday that they use 3 stages (steel structures) and one screen/PA.
So at the moment the London one is being torn down, the Glasgow one is already standing, with the screen and PA being built there and now the Dublin one is going up.

Popmartijn said:
Actually, I heard in an interview with Jake Berry yesterday that they use 3 stages (steel structures) and one screen/PA.
So at the moment the London one is being torn down, the Glasgow one is already standing, with the screen and PA being built there and now the Dublin one is going up.

mellyinsf said:
Can you get anymore pictures, that was fantastic?

Yes I'll get some more tomorrow and post them .

As Popmartijn said they have 3 actual stages .

I'll bring my camera tomorrow and not my cam-phone ...:rockon:

sharkman said:

Yes I'll get some more tomorrow and post them .

As Popmartijn said they have 3 actual stages .

I'll bring my camera tomorrow and not my cam-phone ...:rockon:

...so the steelstructure in Dublin comes from Manchester. The London structure will be moved to Cardiff and they're playing Glasgow right now.. Cool..

Infinitum98 said:
why are they using 3 stages? :huh:

Because it takes so long to set up and dismantle the stages. Most big bands that tour like U2, with big stages and tourdates within a day or two from each other have to have two or three stages.

I worked as a roadie at a Metallica gig in Sweden last year, and their stage was not as big or elaborate as the one U2's got, but it took five days to build it.

nice drinking weather just started here in dublin.
time to start winding down (or up) now i think.

Oh you guys are making me sooooo jealous. I wanted so badly to go to Dublin for this. We were there last September and can't wait to go again. I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through all of you. Have a couple of Guinesses for me :) And a couple of shots of Jameson's (or Bushmill's...whatever your pleasure) :wink:

Back
Top Bottom