The reason why U2 is NOT playing ACROBAT:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Acrobat is a great song but we already have quite a bit from AB already and frankly I’m game for some songs from Pop or from ATYCLB. “They can’t play everything” would be my typical response but that statement doesn’t hold up on nights they play Vertigo twice. I never quite understood the reason for that. :scratch:

zwervers2 said:
If Dick Evans had any say in it they would have played it by now. Unfortunately he has been banned from rehearsels and concerts since 1992 because of that....the poor sod

He was banned? But why was he a part of concerts and rehearsels anyway? I'm very curiious.

they could play HTDAAB and Achtung in their entirety and i would just be completely out of my head excited.
i'd even deal with a live a man and a woman. a song with beautiful lyrics and questionable but good music.

I wish they would play vertigo twice in the same show; that would be AWESOME! 111:scream:

I am the assman.

I was thinking perhaps they could drop City of Blinding Lights and Where The Streets Have No Name for Vertigos numbers 3 & 4. That makes much more sense. "No more Spanish lessons, German: The word, Wiederholung, meaning 'to repeat the same song again and again and again'"

Gen. Chat said:
they play Vertigo twice. I never quite understood the reason for that. :scratch:

Bono said they were gonna close the show with the same song that opened it because that’s how they do it in the opera.
They intended to pay tribute to his father.

Chizip said:
imagine if they played those 3 songs as the last encore

i would need new underwear
:lmao:
I don’t know how I’d react to them playing those three awesome songs, but I think I’d need clean underwear too.

Bono said they were gonna close the show with the same song that opened it because that’s how they do it in the opera.

That's a better tribute than saying "Oh we did this back in the early 80s when we had a handful of songs, now we have a catalogue of excellent stuff that isn't being played for you guys"

LemonMacPhisto said:

That's a better tribute than saying "Oh we did this back in the early 80s when we had a handful of songs, now we have a catalogue of excellent stuff that isn't being played for you guys"

this opera-thing is just ridiculous...I'm sorry..
This isn't Mozarts Don Giovanni Bono!!!! :mad:

U2Girl1978 said:
That's blasphemy if they stopped playing WTSHNN. What is wrong with you!!111 :lock:

I do so hoped you were countering my own sarasm with your own, I was pleading for Bad or 40 on either night in Manchester. In particular, on night 2 they finished Yahweh and had about 7 minutes (by my watch) to spare, 'YES!' I thought, 'how does it go again, "If you twist and turn....."' but no. On night 1 Larry played the first few beats of 40 and my heart jumped before they went into Vertigo. I didn't mind too much in the end though, of course, both shows were still superb, it's just that my Vertigo to Bad tally is now 4-0 to the former. hello, hello, HOLA!

I'd rather hear Red Hill Mining Town over Acrobat, but I doubt that will happen.
That song really would kill Bono's testicles if it was sang live.

Back
Top Bottom