The official Zwervers2 banner thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
Hey everybody!

As we all know, the Amsterdam shows are coming up. Everybody's great friend in here, Zwervers2, is going to all three concerts. He has hinted in this thread that he might make a banner: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133660&perpage=15&pagenumber=4 . A banner showing his discontent with Vertigo being played twice..... Now, since there is a good chance that these shows will be recorded for the DVD's, I thought it would be rather cool, if Zwervers2 made it to the DVD :wink:. A cool banner might do the job.... I know that a message like "f*ck 2xVertigo" wouldn't make it to the DVD....so we have to find something more subtle and clever..... Please post your suggestions......

Now before all the standard setlist loving people and the 2xVertigo lovers start complaining: This is just for fun, and we don't want U2 to feel uncomfortable and unwelcome, therefore the message shouldn't be malicious in any way....it just has to convey the message in a gentle, subtle and polite way :wink:

Zwervers2, sorry for doing this.......but your own suggestion: "my stomach can't cope with Vertigo twice" might not break it.....I just want you on that DVD! :wink: If we do find a great message, I hope you'll bring a banner....you'll be immortalized, at least in U2fan world :wink:

U2Man said:
Hey everybody!

As we all know, the Amsterdam shows are coming up. Everybody's great friend in here, Zwervers2, is going to all three concerts. He has hinted in this thread that he might make a banner: http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133660&perpage=15&pagenumber=4 . A banner showing his discontent with Vertigo being played twice..... Now, since there is a good chance that these shows will be recorded for the DVD's, I thought it would be rather cool, if Zwervers2 made it to the DVD :wink:. A cool banner might do the job.... I know that a message like "f*ck 2xVertigo" wouldn't make it to the DVD....so we have to find something more subtle and clever..... Please post your suggestions......

Now before all the standard setlist loving people and the 2xVertigo lovers start complaining: This is just for fun, and we don't want U2 to feel uncomfortable and unwelcome, therefore the message shouldn't be malicious in any way....it just has to convey the message in a gentle, subtle and polite way :wink:

Zwervers2, sorry for doing this.......but your own suggestion: "my stomach can't cope with Vertigo twice" might not break it.....I just want you on that DVD! :wink: If we do find a great message, I hope you'll bring a banner....you'll be immortalized, at least in U2fan world :wink:

Everybody's great friend???

:wink:

U2man you officialy got me in trouble

All I can say is prepare yourself to hear Vertigo 6 times...

More times if you can hear soundcheck from the GA line :sexywink:

Re: Re: The official Zwervers2 banner thread

zwervers2 said:

Everybody's great friend???

:wink:

U2man you officialy got me in trouble

Pheeeew! I'm just glad you don't hate me, right now....:wink:

Miroslava said:

I can FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL:|

Hello hello no need for two times vertigo
I never thought you guys would sink this low
Can I give a suggestion???
Acrobat, AAAACROBAAAAAAAAAAT

melody of Vertigo

it kinda sounds pretty cool when I just sang it:rockon:

zwervers2 said:
Hello hello no need for two times vertigo
I never thought you guys would sink this low
Can I give a suggestion???
Acrobat, AAAACROBAAAAAAAAAAT

melody of Vertigo

it kinda sounds pretty cool when I just sang it:rockon:

We're getting at something, but it might be a bit too long :wink:

Miroslava said:

Which all makes this thread so much more relevant :wink:

six vertigos over the next three shows......
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
What can I say... I'm happy to see the band again.. It's already been a month....

:laugh: I thought it was the BAN zwervers thread at first and I was like where do a I sign! ;)

But what a fantastic idea. The U2 Brat fan element has been sorely lacking at the shows themselves this tour. The last time I saw that fan element make an appearence was at the Boston 6-6-01 show with the fantastic sit down protest. Which the band still has fond memories of to this day. What a great way to show how much the fans appreciate them touring by making a banner being critical of their setlist. That is powerful positive energy that will make the band give a great performance and I'm sure they will want to capture that on film! KUDOS

Blue Room said:
:laugh: I thought it was the BAN zwervers thread at first and I was like where do a I sign! ;)

But what a fantastic idea. The U2 Brat fan element has been sorely lacking at the shows themselves this tour. The last time I saw that fan element make an appearence was at the Boston 6-6-01 show with the fantastic sit down protest. Which the band still has fond memories of to this day. What a great way to show how much the fans appreciate them touring by making a banner being critical of their setlist. That is powerful positive energy that will make the band give a great performance and I'm sure they will want to capture that on film! KUDOS

Nope, we're just trying to show our interest in what they are doing instead of being lame fanatics without any real opinion. But please don't bring this on here, there are loads of other threads to discuss this.

why would the dvd (assuming theyre filming in Amsterdam) show a banner criticising what essentially would be included the content of the dvd? wouldnt that be a little counter-productive of everyone involved in producing the dvd?

Blue Room said:

there is no fucking way I will do a sit down...those idiots should be banned for life..I want a funny banner which makes them think in a friendly kind of way...

U2Man said:

Nope, we're just trying to show our interest in what they are doing instead of being lame fanatics without any real opinion. But please don't bring this on here, there are loads of other threads to discuss this.

Cool, please link the other "lets create critical of the band banners for concerts" thread, I will be happy to post there. Thanks! :up:

U2man, your second part of your sentence goes against exactly what you are telling me not to do. Hypocrisy at its best. Another nice one!

Princey said:
why would the dvd (assuming theyre filming in Amsterdam) show a banner criticising what essentially would be included the content of the dvd? wouldnt that be a little counter-productive of everyone involved in producing the dvd?

It would, therefore it can't be too aggressive a message. It has to be subtle, friendly, polite and funny....something that shows U2 fans are real fans, not fanatics.

wtonis said:
six vertigos over the next three shows......
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
What can I say... I'm happy to see the band again.. It's already been a month....

8 times with the rehearsel..in all fairness people. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U2Man said:

It would, therefore it can't be too aggressive a message. It has to be subtle, friendly, polite and funny....something that shows U2 fans are real fans, not fanatics.

still, if the underlining message is criticising the setlist, no matter how funny, charming, polite etc. why would they want to show it?

Blue Room said:
Oh God, here we go. The "REAL" fan. :laugh: Please give us the definition of a real fan.

Just skip the word real then. Just read "fan" and get a life.

Blue Room said:
Oh God, here we go. The "REAL" fan. :laugh: Please give us the definition of a real fan.

the guy with the banner in Amsterdam....who are we to decide what is a real fan...we can't and we musn't..everybody his own

U2Man said:

Just skip the word real then. Just read "fan" and get a life.

I find it funny that someone who has made an effort to start a thread, to create an actual banner to criticize a band they "supposedly" like so much is telling me to get a life??!!! :laugh:

Princey said:

still, if the underlining message is criticising the setlist, no matter how funny, charming, polite etc. why would they want to show it?

I know they might not want too, and maybe it won't turn up, but it could be that they overlooked it :wink: Whatever happens, it would be satisfying for Zwervers2, I guess, to let them know....:wink:

Princey said:

You mean to tell me that they have lost their sense of humor?? I do not think so...Subtle it should be no mean words or something(has nothing to do with the dvd) I don't like that, but you can make a funny remark or something and I'm possitive the guys are cool enough to deal with one day banner idiot like myself..these guys rule the fucking rockplanet they can handle it. The question is do I have the balls to show a banner with humoristic critism...right now I say yes...where's my scotch??:wink:

U2Man said:

I know they might not want too, and maybe it won't turn up, but it could be that they overlooked it :wink: Whatever happens, it would be satisfying for Zwervers2, I guess, to let them know....:wink:

well if the main purpose of the banner is to let the band know then go for it. personally i like Vertigo x2, but everyone should be able to express themselves - just dont expect it to pop up in any dvd :wink:

Hope bono doesn't get as angry as the SF incident...man did he make an ass out of himself or what there....got to love b-man:wink:

Back
Top Bottom