The latest ebay rip-off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Capitalism at work here IMO -- for $10 he alleges to be able to send you everything you need to know to get started trading, downloading and so forth. For someone who does not have the time or patience to scour the Internet looking for all the right information, it might be worth the $10. Sure, most of us here know how to get the 411, but some folks are less tech savvy.

So, if you are the 50 something executive father of a teen age girl who mentioned that she'd love a copy of San Diego 2 on bootleg for her birthday; and you know you don't have the time to dig up all the 411; would you pay $10 for the right info and trader leads? Perhaps you would, assuming the seller has legitimate accurate info and a few good trader sources, for about $13 you buy the info, complete a B & P trade, AND make your daughter's birthday wish come true.

For some people, time is worth $$.

The fact that he’s charging money doesn’t bother me as much as the potential for attention to be drawn to our community. We’re on shaky legal ground and posting “bootleg” and “download” together in mixed company is not cool.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
always a capitalist cashin in on people not 'In the Know'
other than that if some one did not want to spend the time to research and doit on their own it might be worth it to pay the 'consultants' of the world
note consultant is used loosely and is not meant to equate with expert

I think it's a lot more likely that Mr Executive would just use that money to buy a bootleg instead of go on Ebay and bid on all this awesome "information" but whatever.... I've had people offer to pay me more than that to install a browser on their computer. :huh: :shrug:

Last edited:
I love how he keeps referring to the bootlegs on sale on Ebay as illegal but then implies that it's perfectly okay to just go and download them.

somone should buy the info, make the discs then start a tree for the forum to get it for free...just pay for discs' & postage...that'll take some business from him.

:censored: :mad: :madspit:

WTF! This is the worst I have seen. I don't use the word asshole often.

Isn't it possible to ask the seller a question so that it will be visible to all? And then post the link U2torrents.com. Is that possible?

BWU2Buffs said:
Capitalism at work here IMO -- for $10 he alleges to be able to send you everything you need to know to get started trading, downloading and so forth. For someone who does not have the time or patience to scour the Internet looking for all the right information, it might be worth the $10. Sure, most of us here know how to get the 411, but some folks are less tech savvy.

So, if you are the 50 something executive father of a teen age girl who mentioned that she'd love a copy of San Diego 2 on bootleg for her birthday; and you know you don't have the time to dig up all the 411; would you pay $10 for the right info and trader leads? Perhaps you would, assuming the seller has legitimate accurate info and a few good trader sources, for about $13 you buy the info, complete a B & P trade, AND make your daughter's birthday wish come true.

For some people, time is worth $$.

I can save them time for free: U2torrents.com

I don't see what the big deal is. He's not selling bootlegs and he's not forcing anyone to pay him for these services. Seriously, friends of my parents and other relatives call me all the time and ask me to help them with things on their computers and offer to pay. What's the difference?

This person is giveing me some evil ideas...I could make some profit off this....:wink: Yeah right, hopefully nobody is clueless enough to buy that.

Back
Top Bottom