"The I can't wait to see u2 in concert thread"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It struck me today, when i could have finally held the tickets in my hand, that i WILL be on a U2 concert!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I WILL see them live...

But actually, i can wait. These are the best moments! I love waiting impatiently, thinking, wondering... I actually dont want July to come. The best moments are now :wink:
'The end is not as fun as the start' :yes:

Edit: Ok, after reading it again i came to a conclusion that you'll probably think im :coocoo:
But thats how i feel, really....:crazy:

:wink:

Last edited:
*k_i_t_e_86* said:
It struck me today, when i could have finally held the tickets in my hand, that i WILL be on a U2 concert!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I WILL see them live...

But actually, i can wait. These are the best moments! I love waiting impatiently, thinking, wondering... I actually dont want July to come. The best moments are now :wink:
'The end is not as fun as the start' :yes:

Edit: Ok, after reading it again i came to a conclusion that you'll probably think im :coocoo:
But thats how i feel, really....:crazy:

:wink:

are you venturing outside of Poland for a couple of shows?

nbcrusader said:
After 20+ years of following the band, this will be my first time to see them in concert :hyper:

Man, 20+ Years!!!! Your going to love every minute of it. You'll have a whole new respect for the band after you see them live. Enjoy.

yeah, i admit, i have only seen them once, but it was probably the most fun i have ever had at a concert. everyone sings along, and the band goes all out. i am soo looking forward to seeing them again. i am probably looking forward to msg the most out of the shows i got tickets for.

if i had been older, i think i would have desperately tried to get tickets to zoo tv, that sydney video is awesome. or of course the red rocks show back in 1983, when i was four... i do wonder how people afford to see them so much, i am seeing them four times this time around, i couldn't imagine having the money to do that before i got my job.

nbcrusader said:
After 20+ years of following the band, this will be my first time to see them in concert :hyper:

Wow.

These will probably be my last ever U2 shows, although I can afford it, I just think the ticket pricing is ridiculous, and if they do stadium shows later, forget it at any price.

I simply cannot imagine being a u2 fan and not seeing them multiple multiple times. It is so ingrained in my U2 lifestyle.

Saw them 9 times last tour, my wife saw them 27 (not to mention 5 on popmart).

You all will be blown away. That is the only thing I can say. You think you know the band, you know the songs...but the moment you are actually in the building and you see the 4 guys you have seen a billion times on TV and in print walk on stage is in a way lifechanging. It is staggering. Bono especially. He is even more transcendent in person than he appears. Hahaha...strange but true. The man is electric. I am a guy, and you will find yourself reaching out to him on the floor for reasons you can't explain...

man. can't wait.

cardosino said:

Wow.

These will probably be my last ever U2 shows, although I can afford it, I just think the ticket pricing is ridiculous, and if they do stadium shows later, forget it at any price.

Their ticket prices aren't even growing at the current rate of inflation. Virtually the same as 4 years ago.

Not only is seeing the band in person amazing, but also seeing 16 thousand other U2 nuts as yourself can be quite amazing as well. U2 fans on the whole are a good group of people.

Streets - when the lights go on and you see 16 thousand people going absolutely cuckoo, is all i need to say. it's like seeing the beattles in 1969

cmb737 said:

Their ticket prices aren't even growing at the current rate of inflation. Virtually the same as 4 years ago.

Yeah, I thought they were ridiculous then too.

I believe the majority of the tickets, the higher price ones, have actually outpaced inflation.

They were about $170 here in SoCal, and $135 4 years ago.

Add in the ridiculously high inconvenience charges and the sheer hassle of getting them...I'm done. The slim chance of seeing them will go to none next time around if they do stadiums.

I've seen them more than 50 times since my first show in January of 1981, I've put in my time, money and effort. I've already promised myself that next time around I'll donate what I would have spent on tickets to some worthy cause.

unfortunately that is your loss. I still think U2 is perhaps the best spent entertainment dollar out there. Hell of a lot better than bullshit movies and other choices.

cmb737 said:
unfortunately that is your loss.

No, it's someone else's gain ! Someone else who's looking for tickets who has maybe never seen them live.

My loss would be to be to set seeing U2 yet again for the who-knows-how-many-nth time as a priority over spending the money to go to multiple events or other things with the entire family.

I am *so* excited for this -- I have been a U2 fan for years but I've only seen them live once (Popmart tour - Montreal, absolute nosebleeds :sad:). I managed to get GA's for the San Jose 4/9 show and I can't imagine being this psyched for two more months!! :hyper: :hyper:

after 7 years, this will be my first time. i can't even let myself think about it or i can't focus on anything else. :D
unfortunately, due to my inconvenient location and the inability to travel much due to school, i'm only going to be able to go to one show on this leg. hopefully i'll be able to get to a few more in the fall.

Yeah, I know how you all feel. I cannot wait for the 14th June. This will be my 3rd time, seen them open air, indoor and this time a stadium. I can't believe how obsessed I have been at checking my emails & looking at forums etc. My husband thinks I'm crazy!!!!:drool: :yes: :drunk: :bow:

cmb737 said:

You all will be blown away. That is the only thing I can say. You think you know the band, you know the songs...but the moment you are actually in the building and you see the 4 guys you have seen a billion times on TV and in print walk on stage is in a way lifechanging. It is staggering. Bono especially. He is even more transcendent in person than he appears. Hahaha...strange but true. The man is electric. I am a guy, and you will find yourself reaching out to him on the floor for reasons you can't explain...

man. can't wait.

What a fabulous explanation. Thank you!!! I'm finally seeing them after being a fan for so long. My husband and I are seeing them twice in Boston. 5/24 in loge but on 5/26 in GA. We almost didn't get the GA seats and I was overwhelmingly disappointed. I couldn't explain it. And you hit it on the head. I want to be a part of the U2 energy down on the floor, close to the guys themselves. I'm so excited. Its all I can think about.

I am SOO excited. :dancing: I've been a fan since Achtung Baby came out (I was 11!), and I've never been able to get tickets before now (but not for lack of trying...). I think this just about blows away anything I've done up till now. I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait :laugh:

Going to Twickenham x 2 , Dublin and Cardiff

So far i've seen them

Zoo TV 1992 x 1 , London
Zooropa 1993 x 2, London
Popmart 1997 x 3 , London x 2 & Dublin
Elevation 2001 x 8, Paris x 2, Manchester, London x 4 and Slane

It's just an amazing feeling. My sister says i always sound sooo happy after a gig. My sister in law hates U2 but digs their live concerts(how she feels that way i really don't know!!!)

It struck me the other day that wow I actually have tickets. First time I got excited about the gigs as before that I was just worried about the stressful presale/general sale. Anywayz I'm at least going to Manchester and Dublin's first night. If Manchester announce a second I'll attempt to get that, or if on the slim chance any extra 2nd night Dublin tix come available. If not i'm still happy, relieved and looking forward to the gigs :)

Back
Top Bottom