The First Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artdirector

Refugee
Quick question to all. I've never been to the first show of any U2 concert. Could you guys give me the pros and cons to seeing the first show and is there anything I should prepare for. I'm really pumped up and want to be as prepared as possible for opening night!!

Pros: Total excitement
Cons: The show might not be great because the band might not be totally prepared and in a groove yet.

Tempe, AZ for Joshua Tree

I was in Tempe AZ for the opening of the Joshua Tree tour,

Voice problems (Bono's voice was totally giving out), he'd had some sort of accident to his chin, too or something (hey, give me a break it's been almost 20 years).

Song timing and what musicians would call being "tight" just weren't totally ON.

HOWEVER,

There is an amazing electricity as a band sets out on what will become an amazing journey. I'd compare it to being at the champagne christening of a new ship. Nobody's been anywhere on it, but it sure is neat to look at brand shiny new.

Go expecting a great time because that's exactly what you will get. As for pros and cons, I think the pros will certainly outweight the other by far (if there even are any cons that is).

One show in Manchester was cut short by I think a mix of emotions (Bono's Dad was almost gone) and tech problems, but nobody really minded and it even gave a deeper sense of emotion to the evening.

You're going to be in amongst thousands of like minded people, so you're going to have plenty to chat about before the concert with plenty of other fans.

And when those lights dim or the opening intro starts, you'll get a buzz like no other, before you get swept away in a sea of screams, shouts and fans generally going nuts as the band kick off.

There isn't a feeling to match it on the planet!!

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom