The concern over Milan DVD...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Like any U2 fan, I want a good home DVD release, but with past lacklusters like Elevation live in Boston and Vertigo live in Chicago, American shows have left a bitter taste in my mouth...

So with Milan, I'm hoping that it will be comparable to Slane 2001. From the looks of it, judging by the clips on 60 Mins this past Sunday, I would say this show looks to be full of emotion and the band more laid back.

I think it will be as good as Slane, but NOTHING can ever touch Slane 2001....

jimjam said:

Next tour, my friend, next tour...:yes:

You'd have thought this tour would have been the one to do it, prehaps they will book the garden for a full month next tour and film 15 shows so hamish can do lots of cutting and pasting ;)

Originally posted by theu2fly
I think it will be as good as Slane, but NOTHING can ever touch Slane 2001.... [/QUOTE]

So THAT's why I can't get it out of its case!
:wink:

In seriousness though, I think the first show was better, its not U2 on stage for 5 minutes.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

there were a bunch of cameras at the show last night :hmm:

I've noticed that..... There were manned cameras at DC 1&2, as well. I wonder how many of their shows they tape. :shrug:

I haven't seen the Chicago DVD yet, but O! To have a 3rd leg dvd instead!

Eh, I think Milan will top Slane simply due to better song selection.

menelaos said:

The problem with Dublin was that till the middle of the show it was still day...
I also watched these Milan clips and all I can't wait to watch the whole dvd...:drool:

Paris was the same way. It was light to some extent until Streets.

bono_man2002 said:

I'm curious to why they haven't put one out from New York :hmm:

Me too... Me too. :sad:

That would be great!

Next tour, they'll probably release "U2: Live in Boring, Oregon"

[Chicago?? ZzZzZz... Boston?? yeah, it was ok... but NYC.... Mmmmm...]

Headache in a Suitcase said:

there were a bunch of cameras at the show last night :hmm:

It's almost as though there's a bunch of screens above the stage that they need footage for during the show.

Croke aren't planned on being released anyway (right?)...

I hope not anyway, because I wanna see Miss Sarajevo and OOTS with edge on Guitar.

lol my question was answered...I was wondering about the concert footage from the 60 Minutes interview. Where exactly and what exactly its for.

OpperGoeroe said:
U2 should never release a "Live in [American city]" DVD again.

Leave it to the guy from Holland to throw out the anti-American propaganda. Let me tell you this my friend... a windmill and wooden slippers doesn't make for good U2 DVD footage.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

Leave it to the guy from Holland to throw out the anti-American propaganda. Let me tell you this my friend... a windmill and wooden slippers doesn't make for good U2 DVD footage.
leave it to an american to make a stupid generalized statement
:wink:

Axver said:
Eh, I think Milan will top Slane simply due to better song selection.

Agreed.
The Electric Co. > Out Of Control, and who cares for Angel Of Harlem, Wake Up Dead Man and stuff like that.
Only Until The End Of The World and Walk On are worth missing.
Miss Sarajevo (you've all heard it!) is going to be amazing, and Original Of The Species was great, I tell you. Best version of I Will Follow I've ever heard (ok, I'm biased having seen the show) and a very emotional "war trilogy" performance with Bono putting on a London "Underground" t-shirt from the crowd.

Better stage than Slane.
Longer concert than Slane.
Bono has a better voice than he did back at Slane.

Not only that, the Milan crowd was more into it than the Croke 1 crowd (I don't know if that's comparable to Slane, but both are Ireland and U2 so that's my impression). The whole stadium went crazy, singing along to Edge's piano parts in New Year's Day.
The entire stadium repeated the "ooooh ooooh ooooh ooooh's" of "With Or Without You" again and again and again for 3 minutes before the band came back on.

Ask anyone else who was at this concert. It was the best concert I've seen (although Croke, being my first, has a special place).

I can't wait for the DVD.

bono_man2002 said:
Croke aren't planned on being released anyway (right?)...

I hope not anyway, because I wanna see Miss Sarajevo and OOTS with edge on Guitar.

Croke 2 won't be released as it wasn't Hamish who shot it, and I don't think they had enough cameras either.

Also I think that U2 (especially Bono) is pretty keen on having Miss Sarajevo in the set.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
tone it down with the rude comments please. there's no need to insult an entire country of people like that.

Having watched the Leg 1 DVD - I really cannot wait for the Milan DVD to come out.

I cannot put my finger on it but there is something missing from the Chiacgo DVD - don't get me wrong the set list is OK and the performance is good but something just doesn't jel for me.

It is not that I prefer the Euro DVD's as I love the Boston Elevation DVD - The Fly and Bad are awsome that night and the whole WOWY thing is great!

I guess I just cannot wait to see that Euro stage in all its glory again and songs like WOWY, AIWIY - I just hope the crowd from Milan get into "Streets" better then the Chiacgo one as the whole GA section jumping to the intro is my lasting memory from Twickenham - just amazing

Lisa

God Part III said:

Agreed.
The Electric Co. > Out Of Control, and who cares for Angel Of Harlem, Wake Up Dead Man and stuff like that.
Only Until The End Of The World and Walk On are worth missing.
Miss Sarajevo (you've all heard it!) is going to be amazing, and Original Of The Species was great, I tell you. Best version of I Will Follow I've ever heard (ok, I'm biased having seen the show) and a very emotional "war trilogy" performance with Bono putting on a London "Underground" t-shirt from the crowd.

Better stage than Slane.
Longer concert than Slane.
Bono has a better voice than he did back at Slane.

Not only that, the Milan crowd was more into it than the Croke 1 crowd (I don't know if that's comparable to Slane, but both are Ireland and U2 so that's my impression). The whole stadium went crazy, singing along to Edge's piano parts in New Year's Day.
The entire stadium repeated the "ooooh ooooh ooooh ooooh's" of "With Or Without You" again and again and again for 3 minutes before the band came back on.

Ask anyone else who was at this concert. It was the best concert I've seen (although Croke, being my first, has a special place).

I can't wait for the DVD.

Ditto. Went to both shows and can't wait.
The Chicago DVD is fine as it is, but having witnessed the San Siro gigs, its gonna be something completely different.

Is the Milan dvd a sure thing, or just wishing? And if so, when does it come out? I finally gave up on that 3-concert boxed set, and Im thinking that Milan may be the same kind of deal...just some wishful thinking. I am a HUGE fan and hate to say this but I found the Chicago dvd disappointing.

theu2fly said:
Like any U2 fan, I want a good home DVD release, but with past lacklusters like Elevation live in Boston and Vertigo live in Chicago, American shows have left a bitter taste in my mouth...

So with Milan, I'm hoping that it will be comparable to Slane 2001. From the looks of it, judging by the clips on 60 Mins this past Sunday, I would say this show looks to be full of emotion and the band more laid back.

I think it will be as good as Slane, but NOTHING can ever touch Slane 2001....

what are you talking about... slane is terrible... boston and chicago are both better than that pile of junk...

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

:|

Back
Top Bottom