The Best of the Vertigo Tour 2005/2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
This is going to get harder and more difficult as the tour moves on but I thought it might be good idea to keep a list of the definitive quality concerts and versions of songs from this tour as a point a reference for everyone. There is going to be so much choose from and everyone will have different opinions but as I sit here in my office, I already have a few favorites:

Show: Anaheim 1:drool:
Songs: COBL and LAPOE from Anaheim 1, Streets from SD 1

Setlist: Anaheim 2
Song: The Electric Co., either bootlegged performance

A list of great shows would be awesome & would let others know which b o o t l e g s to burn. Thanks! The trouble, though, will be to keep from listening to said concerts until I see them in the third leg......;)

There is sooo much to choose from after the tour, I would go mad if I had to pick favourites. I allready have over a hundred versions of all the pre-HTDAAB songs. My fouvorites change on a weekly basis I guess.

SD1- Vertigo, An Cat Dubh, Zoo Station :drool:, The Fly (count just the intro, in my opinion it's the best out of 3 shows)

SD2- Gloria, Yahweh

A1- LPOE, COBL, Mysterious Ways :drool:

But really it's all great, really hard to chose!

SD1 - Electric Co., An Cat Dubh, Bullet, Love and Peace, Running To Stand Still
SD2 - Gloria
A1 - The Fly, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo

SD1- Electric Co., An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, Vertigo (Spanish lessons, in San Diego!),

A1- Zoo Station, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Elevation

cat dubh is a good kick back of a mediocre song. i mean if you're going to redo a boy song or a few... out of control... stories for boys... something the crowd can react to.... even if they are just fair weather... i f not... something from october... fire... tomorrow..... somethign that moves..... anything from achtung.... i mean that's a balk at best with the black cat. good kick back, but not a good song in concert.

While I love the Stories For Boys as that interlude in Vertigo, I'd love to see it played on its own.

Actually, I'd love a show that started thusly:

Out Of Control
Stories For Boys
Boy-Girl
I Will Follow

^^ that would surely set a great tone. :rockon:

I thought Vertigo from Anaheim 2 was especially rocking. The Stories for Boys interlude straight into Vertigo's ending with Bono screaming "Hello! It's good to be back!" sent chills up my spine.

For some reason, Streets from LA2 brought down the house. The energy reached all the way up to the rafters!

Westport said:
Are there any highlights on Anaheim 2?

The whole show, overall best of the tour so far from what I've seen and heard (i've seen 3 so far)

Best performances (IMO) of Mysterious Ways, Elevation, Streets, New Years Day, Miracle Drug, All Because of You, An Cat Dubh/Into the heart, Electric Co, One

burlesquebaby said:
For some reason, Streets from LA2 brought down the house. The energy reached all the way up to the rafters!

Oh yeah, "New Year's Day" from LA2 too, had a major crowd reaction, hehe or maybe just my section.

Yahweh from San Diego II is the best track I have heard so far from the first 4 shows. I think San Diego II was also the best set so far, with the exception of 40.

I'm hearing great things about SJ2 but haven't heard it yet...best of the tour?

Now loving Bad from the Phoenix show...hopefully they'll be a lot of other versions on this tour.

11 O'Clock Tick Tock in Denver?

Phoenix 2 is getting a lot of attention as an outstanding recording.

Here's hoping that we get Seattle 2.

Back
Top Bottom