The Best of the Vertigo Tour 2005/2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
youarenotimmune said:

i LOVE that opening!!! i can't believe they dont play it like that every single time :(

i saw it live, i dont remember noticing that there was no keys -- guess it was the rush of the moment. but listening to the bootleg is tough -- i dont think it sounds good at all :|

discothequeLP said:

i saw it live, i dont remember noticing that there was no keys -- guess it was the rush of the moment. but listening to the bootleg is tough -- i dont think it sounds good at all :|

iv only heard the 1st night boot (1st april). which one r u talking abt???

Chicago III
Setlist: With or Without You / Strangers in the Night (Snippet)

Perfectly placed, perfectly sung.... amazing. :drool:

And Seattle I: Bono screams "Where are we The Edge?" Then instantly he just explodes right into The Fly.

Great performances.

Boston 2 encores:
The Fly-Until The End of The World-Out of Control-With or Without You
then
All Because of You-Original of the Species-Bad/40
honorable mention goes to Gloria from that night.
I will never forget that concert.

Running To Stand Still from Berlin 7/7 - Bono dedicates it to the families and friends of the people who lost their loved ones in the London bombings earlier that day. I love how the crowd starts the "still running" chant.. It ends with a snippet of Amazing Grace.

and any version of Fast Cars :wink:

Sunday Bloody Sunday Detroit October 25
Bad Detroit October 25
Wild Horses Detroit October 25
Crumbs From Your Table Detroit October 25
Still Havent Found Detroit October 25
(notice a pattern yet??)

Pride Philadelphia May 22

One Madison Sq Gdns October 8 feat. Mary J Blige

The Fly Toronto September 14

brozek said:
Bad from Chicago 1.In my opinion it was the best performance of that song since the lovetown tour...

amen to that...

that was the best version of bad I have ever seen, and i have seen u2 sixteen times now...

man...

i remember on elevation (hold your breath) there were times when i got a bit bored by bad because i had heard it so many times on that tour (think: love and peace/sbs/bullet on this tour)

but when they played it in chicago this year...

my god. truly amazing.

for my money, the best performances of this tour:

Dublin 1: THE ELECTRIC CO
Chicago 1: BAD
Minneapolis: CRUMBS
Chicago 3rd Led 1: Discotheque

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Boston 2 encores:
The Fly-Until The End of The World-Out of Control-With or Without You
then
All Because of You-Original of the Species-Bad/40
honorable mention goes to Gloria from that night.
I will never forget that concert.

Me either. I was on the inside of the ellipse at the tip and have a terrific photo that Editor In Chief took of Bono with the mic up - behind him is me and my girl with gigantic grins. It's framed on my wall.

That was the best show I've seen on the tour so far (out of 4, including Dublin 1 & 2). Two more to go.

Here's to hoping I'll be in the same spot at Fenway next summer!

Best Performance by a Fan

This award goes to the guy in Dallas jamming with the band on Angel of Harlem......

It was cold and wet December day.......

Where did this year go?

Any additions now that the U.S. leg is over?

Also, I thought it it would be great to post a few links of the highlights of the tour so far...I'll start with a couple later today...

with or without you............msg 10/11/05

"we'll shine like stars in the summer night............"

I am trying to put together my own "best of tour" setlist...but im especially curious about the best version of Vertigo. They all seem pretty similar to me so I'd like to know which are your favourite (including the encore versions).
At the moment I think Manchester 2 encore has to be my favourite, but hey i cant listen to 130 odd versions (yet)

Back
Top Bottom