The Arcade Fire - Wake Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neilz

War Child
Am I the only one who get's goose bump's everytime I hear this song again? What is it with U2 and great intro's :drool:

- Elevation Tour :

Howard Huntsberry - Higher and Higher
Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band
New Radicals - Mother We Can't Get Enough

- Popmart :

Mission Imposible (U2 version)
Pop Muzik (U2 version)

We'll we all know the Zoo-TV intro...

All fantastic
:drool:

Was that Howard Huntsberry or Jackie Wilson? :eyebrow:
And don't forget the Red Hot Chili Peppers with Higher Ground (original by Stevie Wonder). And of course the Influx Remix of Elevation. :)

Neilz said:

- Popmart :

Mission Imposible (U2 version)
Pop Muzik (U2 version)

i still have a vivid memory of bittersweet symphony being payed before Popmart and so i still get goosebumps when i hear that song...

Bittersweet Symphony
Mission Impossible
Pop Muzik

Mofo

:drool:

The whole Arcade Fire album is fantastic....but that one song makes my hair stand up. I've seen some sick shows on this tour - and they all flash for me every time Wake Up plays.

Popmartijn said:
Was that Howard Huntsberry or Jackie Wilson? :eyebrow:
And don't forget the Red Hot Chili Peppers with Higher Ground (original by Stevie Wonder). And of course the Influx Remix of Elevation. :)
I think it was Hunsberry... Anyway, Higher Ground... Didn't remember that one... Brilliant tracks to build up to the Influx Remix of Elevation of course...

"Wake Up" always brings back happy memories for me, more of Philly 1 than Philly 2...the energy of the crowd just became so electric as it started, and Ewen and I were just so excited...what a great moment. Great song, too.

I'm not crazy about Arcade Fire otherwise, but I do like that song. I think it's more to do with the association for me than the song itself, though.

Last edited:
U2Girl1978 said:
What was the song before they came on stage for the ZooTV tour?

From the Zoo TV Outside Broadcast onwards it was The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy with their song Television, The Drug Of A Nation (which can be found on the album Hypocrisy Is The Greatest Luxury). For the indoor legs the opening song was apparently Be My Baby by The Ronettes.

Popmartijn said:

From the Zoo TV Outside Broadcast onwards it was The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy with their song Television, The Drug Of A Nation (which can be found on the album Hypocrisy Is The Greatest Luxury). For the indoor legs the opening song was apparently Be My Baby by The Ronettes.

Right! I did hear that song Drug of a Nation before they came on.

Thanks alot Popmartijn and Neilz! :)

I still have yet to hear this song. I can't find the cd in any record store in the KC area which is really strange, and it's not on Rhapsody or iTunes (of course, I checked those 2 places a 2 months ago, so maybe it's up now).

Hell, I should just order it.

i could not stop beating my hand on hy heart when i heard this at manchester, loved it!

pax said:
"Wake Up" always brings back happy memories for me, more of Philly 1 than Philly 2...the energy of the crowd just became so electric as it started, and Ewen and I were just so excited...what a great moment. Great song, too.

I'm not crazy about Arcade Fire otherwise, but I do like that song. I think it's more to do with the association for me than the song itself, though.

You were at Philly 1? Where were your seats? I missed Philly II unfortunatly. Which night was better in your opinion? I hear Philly I was generally a better show. I wouldn't know though.:huh:

I'll be going to the first Philly show in October though :D. I'll have GA, maybe I'll see you there if you're going.

U2Fan101 said:
I still have yet to hear this song. I can't find the cd in any record store in the KC area which is really strange, and it's not on Rhapsody or iTunes (of course, I checked those 2 places a 2 months ago, so maybe it's up now).

Hell, I should just order it.

I got it from iTUNES UK in June.

LOVE the arcade fire intro but my favorite ever was the addition of thin lizzys "the boys are back in town" after sergeant pepper at Slane II!!!!!!!

In the third leg of the elevation tour, they played all you need is love, the sargent pepper's , then the influix mix. I was in L.A. and Las Vegas, I still get chills!!!

Wake up is an amazing intro tape!!!, they should open for u2.

coach said:
In the third leg of the elevation tour, they played all you need is love, the sargent pepper's , then the influix mix. I was in L.A. and Las Vegas, I still get chills!!!
They did this on the 2nd leg too :

1 Howard Huntsberry - Higher and Higher
2 New Radicals - Mother We Can't Get Enough
3 Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band
4 U2 - Elevation Influx Mix
5 SHOWTIME :drool:

Back
Top Bottom