That's it - FUCK it! I'm done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While I got through for tickets to various Boston shows, they were all poor tickets, IMO. That is, I refuse to pay $165 for LOGE tickets at the back of the stadium or behind the stage. As soon as the December Boston dates were added, I was there, trying for tickets - and even then I was instantly shut out. I heard that the pre-sale took most if not all GA's for Boston. Fair enough. But how on earth are all the GA's and good seats for the added shows - ones that weren't in the presale - already gone in minutes?

Clearly it's the scalpers again. Some fans will get through, but scalpers clearly dominated. It's a shame. Thank goodness for the U2.com membership though. Because of them I got GA's for Ireland and outstanding LOGE seats for October (the type of seats that are selling for $1000 on eBay and other ticket broker sites). I'm almost happier getting those seats than I was with the GA - because I only had to pay normal price, not $1000 for them. And I bet this irritates the scalpers to no end. HA!

MrBrau1 said:
There's one dude here going to almost 30 shows. It's not just scalpers, it's your fellow fans.

Yeah, fans get through as well. But TM has a limit on how many tickets one fan can buy. Just because he's going to 30 shows, it doesn't mean he hogged up all the tickets. He might be going with friends, family members, coworkers, etc. My point is, I know fans got tickets, but I think scalpers got the majority of them - they are already on eBay and other ticket broker sites (and at ridiculous prices - how do these people sleep at night?).

I feel bad because I'm going to 5 shows and am considering more. Yet, it seems ridiculous going to see them so often. But with someone going 30 times, I guess I'm not that abnormal. ;)

MrBrau1 said:
There's one dude here going to almost 30 shows. It's not just scalpers, it's your fellow fans.

The baby's back!!! Yeeaaaah! :happy:

Hey, MrBrau1, I'm sorry you did not get tickets through the general sale this weekend. :( Is it possible for you to attend any of the shows that go onsale next weekend? Maybe you'll get tickets then? Or maybe somebody else in this forum can help you out? I must admit that I'm going to 3 shows, 1 in the spring and 2 in the fall. But that's it for me, although I would like to go to the May 10th show for Bono's birthday. :wink: I usually only do 2 shows per tour (only did 1 for Elevation). Of course, to each their own. I suppose if you have the means you're well within your rights to go to as many shows as you want and are able. I suppose it's like people who get tickets to all the games when the Cubs play the White Sox here in Chicago.

Here's hoping you score some tickets somehow. Good luck.

PS. I'm sure you didn't do it for me, but thanks for bringing the baby back, even if it's just for a limited engagement. :)

u2bigfans said:

ya... surprise chicago isn't sold out yet.. seems so many tickets left for the 2 shows..

Yeah... that's because NOBODY wants to attend a concert at the
UC during the week.
These concert dates are on Tuesday and Wednesday...
I'll tell you all right now, traffic is going to be a "ROYAL" B***CH!!
It's gonna take "FOREVER" to drive downtown....
even if you take a limo, you'll be waiting!!! Not alot of people
want to worry about this "hectic havoc" during the week...
I'm rather surprised that these two 3rd leg dates were NOT on a
weekend instead...
Oh, and the Chicago dates ARE for Sept. 20 & 21......
If anyone has tickets for Sept 9, I'd ask yourself this Q....
"Are they for real????" :confused: :scratch: :confused: :scratch:

BluRmGrl-

Your posts are illogical and unfounded. You passed up multiple opportunities to buy tickets. If you expected to be able to buy GA's during the general sale, then you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

re: behind the stage-i had these twice during elevation and was quite surprised-you have a view above the fray and bono did makes passes and give the back section some love.

I think GA is overrated-sure the people way up front had an amazing view but then when the band moved they were stuck in the back.

I am a bit miffed I paid the big bucks for sec 229 at MSG but I prefer to have an unobstructed view and given all the problems I am very grateful I will be going.

buckman said:
BluRmGrl-

Your posts are illogical and unfounded. You passed up multiple opportunities to buy tickets. If you expected to be able to buy GA's during the general sale, then you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

Thank you, Mr. Spock, for making that point. :eyebrow:

I already said that I'm accutely aware how unreasonable it may appear for me to rant when I got three separate opportunities to purchase tickets. The point of the rant - for those of you with no reading comprehension skills - was that I'm online AND on the phone the minute tix go onsale to the general public and still have been shut out of the purchases I wanted to make each and every time.
Of course, as you so brilliantly reasoned, I'm obviously an IDIOT to think that I could actually buy GAs during the general sale! Thank you for explaining where I went wrong......
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
I'm surprised that so many had trouble with DC. I only had a 1 minute wait for both shows, and got through fine. :scratch: Mind you, we got level 114 and 115 (behind the stage or extreme side) for both shows, but hopefully from what people are saying it will be a great new perspective. Hope so!

Buttercup67 said:

The baby's back!!! Yeeaaaah! :happy:

Hey, MrBrau1, I'm sorry you did not get tickets through the general sale this weekend. :( Is it possible for you to attend any of the shows that go onsale next weekend? Maybe you'll get tickets then? Or maybe somebody else in this forum can help you out? I must admit that I'm going to 3 shows, 1 in the spring and 2 in the fall. But that's it for me, although I would like to go to the May 10th show for Bono's birthday. :wink: I usually only do 2 shows per tour (only did 1 for Elevation). Of course, to each their own. I suppose if you have the means you're well within your rights to go to as many shows as you want and are able. I suppose it's like people who get tickets to all the games when the Cubs play the White Sox here in Chicago.

Here's hoping you score some tickets somehow. Good luck.

PS. I'm sure you didn't do it for me, but thanks for bringing the baby back, even if it's just for a limited engagement. :)

Haha. Glad it makes you happy. I did get tix, 2 Boston GA.

Don't feel bad, I got shut out of everything. It's only through divine intervention that friends of mine got through and are giving me the tix.

Back
Top Bottom