That post-concert feeling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl91289

War Child
I didn't have anything going on in school today so I was really able to think about last night's concert-not about whether or not the ending is weird, but about how I felt. I've been really stressed lately and I just let go. I did when I went in Philly in May, but I really let go last night, maybe because I was sitting alone so I didn't have to worry about anyone I know judging me but God, I was just so happy. It's like U2 was my cure and I just needed to be at a concert, to feel like I had a connection with Bono when he faced my direction. I can't describe it, but I know that I don't feel that way at any other band's concert. It's a kind of infinity- like he said last night, like we're never going to die.

Today I was very mellow and sleepy and sad because the concert was over. I feel satisfied, but not as whole as I did last night. It's like last night I was myself and Bono healed me and now I want to feel that power, that individuality yet unity within a group, that I only feel at a U2 concert. I keep reliving last night in my head, not necessarily the entire song order- I'll never remember the entire tracklist or anything like that, but moments keep coming back to me- Bono's tenor moments, the entire crowd jumping when they turned the lights on in COBL, the Streets explosion, Bono looking straight up in my direction and it was like there was nothing between us and I just felt so damn happy. And now I want that back- I'm addicted to that omnipresent joy at a U2 concert. I'm homesick for a feeling that I can't explain.

I'd say that this was my sleep deprivation talking, but I felt this way the entire day, the entire week acually, after my first U2 concert in May.

Last edited:
I am doing the two days in two days thing next month... I wonder how the feeling will be the night of the first concert, knowing i will see them the next day too....

SMB

I know how you feel. :( It's like you just want to go back and relive that moment again and again and again... It's definitely a sad feeling - excessive longing is what I'd call it.

Post-concert depression sucks!

GibsonGirl said:
I know how you feel. :( It's like you just want to go back and relive that moment again and again and again... It's definitely a sad feeling - excessive longing is what I'd call it.

How true that is :(. Oh and there is nothing like having that moment where Bono looks at you. Experienced that a couple of times and it just felt incredible! We need to get to more concerts,lol.

i saw the city of blinding lights shoot on wed, then concerts on thurs and fri in vancouer... and it was overload... i dont remember a damn thing from thursday night!!! so weird...

BonosBaby12 said:

How true that is :(. Oh and there is nothing like having that moment where Bono looks at you. Experienced that a couple of times and it just felt incredible! We need to get to more concerts,lol.

I know- I don't even know if he saw ME because I was in section 311- exactly in line with the end of the ellipse and at the end of the 3rd row so there was no one firectly in front of me and when he looked up- oh my god. Regardless of whether or not he registered the screaming girl with pigtails- it was enough and it was incredible. Even though people think the concert wasn't up to par, I would go again and again and again just to replay that moment. I'm not depressed really, just homesick- I get this way after a trip to Europe or after the last day of camp, and after a U2 concert. It's kind of a fulfilled yet empty longing and I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. God, U2 is powerful. What other band does this to you?

Last edited:
I personally can't think of any other band that gives me the feeling that U2 does. They make me happy,scream,cry and sooooo many other things! lol. And when you are that the concerts you just can't believe you are really there. I think I would be completely speechless if I were to see Bono face to face,lol. When he looked me I had to look away for a second because it just gave me shivers. It's a great feeling isn't U2girl? :)

GibsonGirl said:

:nod:
it took me a week to get my barrings back together...but Gibby you said it perfectly.

I want to go and relive the feeling that I had and never let it go. :) Everytime I play my boot a little bit is recaptured. :)

jeffschmid said:
i saw the city of blinding lights shoot on wed, then concerts on thurs and fri in vancouer... and it was overload... i dont remember a damn thing from thursday night!!! so weird...

I was at all three events as well!

I know exactly how you feel U2girl91289. After those three days I really didn't want to go back to the old routine. Those three days were probably one of the happiest moments of my life.

I'll be going to the Monday concert alone. I've never been to a concert alone so I don't how it would be but now that I've read your post I'm really excited. :D

U2 does have a "healing" effect sometimes. I saw them three times in a month, and I'm going through withdrawl!

Ok, so I was going through one of my notebooks and I found what I wrote on the car trip home the morning after my first U2 concert ( Philly 1, 5/14). Here it is, a little weird but still...

"Blinding lights, being blinded by Bono and screaming for joy with a ridiculous grin on my face for the happiest I have ever felt, ignoring the still-constant ringing of my ears and loving the second heartbeat, the one that will sustain the memory and the world long after I am gone. For the first time, unity and acceptance of others and myself as I forget my snobbiness and dislike of America and I want to join the movement because it's something I believe in, now only a memory and a sensation that will not fade from humanity's collective unconscious. It's just that good to be with 20,000 other humans and go deaf right before I die (?). Two hours, that some may deem superficial and rehearsed, but I don't give a damn because they are and we are. Superficial and rehearsed and absolutely alive."

Even after 1 concert it takes me a week to feel normal again and get my head out of those 2 hours. I am going to two in two days this weekend and then back to school for finals...this is not conducive to doing well in school. Oh well, it's worth it and the $100s I'm spending to see them...

Silly as it sounds, I can't wait to have post concert depression/elation because it means I'll have seen them again!

U2girl91289 said:
I didn't have anything going on in school today so I was really able to think about last night's concert-not about whether or not the ending is weird, but about how I felt. I've been really stressed lately and I just let go. I did when I went in Philly in May, but I really let go last night, maybe because I was sitting alone so I didn't have to worry about anyone I know judging me but God, I was just so happy. It's like U2 was my cure and I just needed to be at a concert, to feel like I had a connection with Bono when he faced my direction. I can't describe it, but I know that I don't feel that way at any other band's concert. It's a kind of infinity- like he said last night, like we're never going to die.

Today I was very mellow and sleepy and sad because the concert was over. I feel satisfied, but not as whole as I did last night. It's like last night I was myself and Bono healed me and now I want to feel that power, that individuality yet unity within a group, that I only feel at a U2 concert. I keep reliving last night in my head, not necessarily the entire song order- I'll never remember the entire tracklist or anything like that, but moments keep coming back to me- Bono's tenor moments, the entire crowd jumping when they turned the lights on in COBL, the Streets explosion, Bono looking straight up in my direction and it was like there was nothing between us and I just felt so damn happy. And now I want that back- I'm addicted to that omnipresent joy at a U2 concert. I'm homesick for a feeling that I can't explain.

I'd say that this was my sleep deprivation talking, but I felt this way the entire day, the entire week acually, after my first U2 concert in May.

I feel exactly the same. I constantly plan going to Australia or Japan or something, just to see them. I don't have the money nor the time, but I can't get used to the thought of not seeing them again live in 4 years.

4 YEARS :banghead:

Re: Re: That post-concert feeling

God Part III said:

I feel exactly the same. I constantly plan going to Australia or Japan or something, just to see them. I don't have the money nor the time, but I can't get used to the thought of not seeing them again live in 4 years.

What God Pt.III said!!! :up:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this band is like human crack. You want to see them again and again and again and again because they make you feel soooooo good as you watch them--you never feel more alive, and you feel like anything is possible.

U2girl91289 said:
U2 concerts aren't the best for grades- I got an 84 on my 8:30 exam the day after the 11/22 concert. That's what I get for trying to study between the opening act and U2. Oh well.

It's tough balancing U2 with school. I had midterms right around the time of the two MSG concerts in October I went to, and I had that idea too, about bringing a book along to study between the opening act and U2. Didn't work.

After seeing them for the first time in May in the front row and getting smiled at by Adam I had a whole summer of post-concert elation. :happy:

I only saw one show on this tour(Manchester 14th)but i still crave another hit of that... ..miracle drug
:whistle:in fact i found giving up smoking easier to live with :wink:

Re: Re: That post-concert feeling

God Part III said:

ARGH I cannot wait however many years too see them again. NOOOOOOOOOOOO! My most recent concert was a week ago and I just want to rewind time to this time last Tuesday, when I was on the train, on my way to the city and progress and one of the best nights of my life. This is going to be a long night...

GibsonGirl said:

Terrible :sad:
I saw them in 1998 and now in Miami and Tampa. Can you imagine , to travel only to see them after 7 years?
I want more, and more, and more...:sad:

All of you have expressed exactly what I felt after my first and only concert. I just wanted to live in the two hours, forever. And U2girl, you have seriously expressed my feelings perfectly, and I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one!

Last edited:
Varitek said:
Even after 1 concert it takes me a week to feel normal again and get my head out of those 2 hours. I am going to two in two days this weekend and then back to school for finals...this is not conducive to doing well in school. Oh well, it's worth it and the $100s I'm spending to see them...

Silly as it sounds, I can't wait to have post concert depression/elation because it means I'll have seen them again!

I just saw U2 this weekend and my finals are in a week. I'm having the hardest time trying to get myself to study, it's absolutely terrible!! I think all I'm hoping for is just to pass now knowing I won't be over the concerts for a VERY long time!

God I wish I had the money to see them again!

daygloeyes2 said:
I haven't experienced the post-concert feeling yet, but I am currently on a pre-concert high! :hyper:

I love the pre-concert high. The morning of my most recent concert, I woke up at 5:45, completely wired. Everyone at school that day was in a bad mood, except me, and I was absolutely FLYING.

I just saw U2 in Montreal on 11/28, and they were a-m-a-z-i-n-g..so amazing, time flew by...by the time they went off stage for the first time, I felt like "Didn't these guys just start playing??"...NOOOOOOO...it's been like 1 1/2 hours since they started, but I was having the time of my life so I didn't even notice...
I love it now that when I listen to their music, post-concert, I have plenty memories that come with their songs...each time, I feel like I am at the concert again, at that happy place....and it just makes my day..!!

Back
Top Bottom