Thank you, Larry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Val

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just feel so grateful to Larry for being diligent about making things right, I thought it would be so good if we all thanked him. What do you say boys and girls?

I think so too -- even though I was too young to ever be a Prop member, and I'm not a U2.com member (so I observed the ticket craziness from the outside), I think the fact that things seem to be much tighter this time 'round is to be applauded.

Thanks to Larry and everyone else who worked to straighten things out!

Thanx Larry, this is the way it should have been for the first leg!!

Cheers

I totally second that.

They must've really told Fanfire a thing or two about dealing with the fans and being better informed because I tell you, prior to the debacle and Larry's apology, they had a totally different attitude than after, at least in my experiences.

Thank you, Mr. Mullen!! :applaud:

:dance:

schnazdoodle said:
I think so too -- even though I was too young to ever be a Prop member, and I'm not a U2.com member (so I observed the ticket craziness from the outside), I think the fact that things seem to be much tighter this time 'round is to be applauded.

Thanks to Larry and everyone else who worked to straighten things out!

How old are you? You could join Prop. up until a few years ago.

TheFly40 said:
Let's wait to see how this new round of ticket sales go before we start thanking Larry.

It's official, THANK YOU LARRY!!!! :dancing: :applaud:

Two words back at you Larry Mullen, Jr....

November 1st

and I'll also see you at

Madison Square Garden

:scream: :wave: :wink: :drunk: :yikes: :applaud: :dancing: :faint: :combust:

:crazy:

I just got tickets for Nov. 1 at Staples. Thanks to Larry for stepping in and making this presale so much better than the last one. But like theedge111 said before, this is how the last one should have been with Prop members being at the front of the line.

Wait until all the regular U2.com members get their tix before we start patting the band on the back. The majority of members could still get the shaft.

MrBrau1 said:
Wait until all the regular U2.com members get their tix before we start patting the band on the back. The majority of members could still get the shaft.

I highly doubt that. Remember the regular u2.com members that are involved in tomorrow and thursday's presale are only competing against other u2.com subscribers who didn't use their codes in the first leg. There will be a lot more people than today but not even close to the numbers of people who went after tix first time. So since most if not all those scalpers were successful in snagging all those tix the first time then they can't compete this time.

Plus u2.com allocated a lot more tix (especially GAs) available this time too. More dates to go for and more tix available. Looks like from today's experience that coveted GAs are more available this time out. These factors plus what I stated above are working in our favor this time which wasn't the case the first time.

Last edited:
Even though I paid $400 for some GA tickets thanks Larry for the correction. At least I paid the right price for the first show in San Diego.

thanks Larry! For making sure that only the Propaganda members that were remembered could get tickets.

I spent $20 on one lousy issue in 2000. Spent $40 in January for a code which I ended up giving to my sister since I live in New York and it was instantly useless. I have tried for 4 days to get in to FanFair, U2.com, anyone. Best I've gotten is a "we'll get back to you as soon as we can."

Enough is enough. I get the point. Enjoy your new fans U2.

TheFly40 said:
Let's wait to see how this new round of ticket sales go before we start thanking Larry.

Time to move on from my original quote...I can officially say "thank you, Larry". Two sets of MSG GA's!!!

MrBrau1 said:

Unfortunately I think alot of them already do, like the ones who used their code for crappy seats and now are ineligable for these presales because they weren't Prop members. Have to admit I feel sorry for them. Don't know how they could be included and also exclude the many scalpers/brokers that U2.com believes are among them.

That being said I did finally get the tickets I wanted today and am absolutely thrilled. Thank you Larry and U2.com for making it right this time. It's just a shame it couldn't have been this way for the first leg.

:wave: Hey MrBrau1, I know it's already been some time since you changed your picture, but I really miss the baby. Any chance for a return engagement? :wink:

It went like a charm! I am one happy u2 fan! Larry rules! Obviously, he feels the fans do. :wink:

thank you Larry! Today was exactly like Prop used to be, only better. The best seats came up if you wanted a seat, GA's came up, and I even forgot to complete the page for the GA's (duh), and I saw it an hr later, went back, I was still able to get the GA's, so they allotted plenty of tickets, it worked fast, it worked smooth, and U2 LOVES US, THEY REALLY, REALLY LOVE US.

and aren't they taking new fan club memberships still, so that you could have your cat or mother or boss join today, and then tomorrow get tickets on that presale again? (of course for your boss, cat, mother, bird, not really you).

Last edited:
bonoed said:

and aren't they taking new fan club memberships still, so that you could have your cat or mother or boss join today, and then tomorrow get tickets on that presale again? (of course for your boss, cat, mother, bird, not really you).

If you bought your membership after January 24th you got no presale code for this tour.

They have a disclaimer and now apparently you even have to check a box acknowledging that you have read this.

I think they had no choice but to do that with all the scalpers out there. Sometimes you just have to do something unpleasant to insure some good comes out of something. Did that make sense? lol

Larry is the man!

Newer member -- had to wait today to get my Tampa tickets -- first section by stage, 13th row ... totally amazing. My credit card is crying :wink: but it'll forget by November! Thanks, Larry! I opted out of GA seats as my daughter is short (adult, but short ...) Knowing I could get seats this close (and as fool enough to do it!) makes it miraculous to me.

Fuck You Larry! My presale code has never been used and it's still being rejected by TM.com. Now I need to send a barrage of emails, spend 3 hours on hold w/ Fanfare, get the "run-around", and have no chance of getting my $40 back!

yeah my codes not working too
as happy as i am for the rest of you, larry aint getting no thanks from me

I agree - Larry is the man! He's now my favorite U2 member :D

EDIT: "I opted out of GA seats as my daughter is short (adult, but short ...) Knowing I could get seats this close (and as fool enough to do it!) makes it miraculous to me."
That is probably the nicest thing a U2 fan can do. I applaud you, Swandiver :wave:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom