Thank U - U2 for an awsome tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
Since Vertigo has finally ended, I thought it would be nice to post thank yous to the boys for sticking it out for so long and giving so many of us memories we will never forget!

You brought me my first U2 concert...Miami 11-14-05...i'll never forget it...From the moment I heard the ringing guitar of City of Blinding Lights to the unmistakable sounds of Bad I was completely taken away from life for 2 and a half hours...Its because of that concert that I ultimately made a desicion to go out and buy a guitar...and I havn't been happier since...heres to the next tour soon!!! thank you Bono Edge Adam and Larry!!!!!!!

One of the most beautiful nights of my life.... a November night in Tampa 2005. For over 2 hours, we became the City of Blinding Lights. 4 reasons 2 many 2 mention, that magical moment when the lights came on 4 the first time will be ingrained in my heart and mind 4ever.

Thank U for the most spectacular nights of my life. Two nights that restarted a fire in me that was burned out due to lifes interruptions. Thank you for ingniting that passion in me and for making me feel alive again. :heart:

My first ever U2 concert in May of 2005 (Cant remember the date :( ) and the BEST concert ever on October 17 2005! Thanks for some of the best times of my life guys. Seriously, anyone who doesn't think 10-17 was the best show of the Vertigo Tour must be out of their mind. :yes:

Have to agree with you on that one! That was my very first concert and it was so unreal for me! One of the only times in my life I felt like I was in heaven.

Thank you so much, U2.

Just thinking of that night in july 2005 still makes me smile!
It was perfect, a religious event (for me). Hallelujah!

it was the concert in Poland--its got mentioned in U2byU2,
that makes it even more special.

Thank You U2!

:applaud:

Thanks for sticking through the pre-sale mess, the family illness and the postponed dates, and getting songs not played since Lovetown, First time and Miss Sarajevo and Kite, and visiting S. America, Australia/Japan/N. Zealand again.

Last edited:
Can my Thank you be more obvious than this ?

Imagem031.jpg

Talk about well spent cash . around 110 dollars gladly spent

My 1st Concert :drool:

Last edited:
Thank you for an amazing night that I still talk about! Miami 11/13! It has been one of the great highlights of my life and I will never forget it! You guys have been through so much this tour and I just wanted to say Thank you for your dedication and strength! You guys are amazing! :)

thank you for vertigo tour...:))
chicago in may on Bono's birthday,got picture with him...!!
and also melbourne,last november...make my life so beautiful...
thank you U2..thank you Vertigo tour...
Thank you,...thank you for those amazing nights....

Great idea for a thread JCOSTER! :yes:

Thanks ;)

I just want to say i've such great, memories of seeing them again this tour, i went to 4 shows&it was amazing - i especially loved Manchester as that was the 1 night i got right up the front&it was so emotional and brilliant for me!!!! Highlights were watching Bono release the balloon at COBL :cute: and watching Bono right in front of me during SYCMIOYO and LAPOE!!!! :heart: :combust:

I feel so incredibly privileged to have seen them even once on the tour as i know there are many fans who will have missed out on seeing them at all, so i feel for them :hug: most of us here are so fortunate :yes:

What a great way to be able to sort of say "goodbye" for a while to the band, now that the tour is over. Thanks Jcoster for starting this thread and giving us an opportunity to kind of "wrap up our feelings".

After years and years of waiting I finally got to see the band for the first time this tour. What an unforgettable experience. Hearing them sing "that song" that means the world to me brought me to tears. But I'd never been more happy.
I was so grateful to be able to get tickets for a second show. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. It was unbelievable.

For those two fantastic nights, making me feel so alive, I can't thank the band enough. You're amazing people, and so inspiring. And this goes way beyond the time you're on stage.

I'm so happy to have seen them, and yet i'm so sad it's over. Please don't be gone too long. We love you!

Thank you U2 for 5 great shows. (even if I did get Vertigo 10 times :huh: )

Thank you to Interferencers for keeping me entertained throughout the tour.

:sad:

susanp6 said:
Why the :eyebrow: thought i was being considerate in what i said :(

I think Caroni meant they did not see them on this tour.:ohmy:

I am also thankful for the wonderful hubby and friends I have that made it possible for me to get away for the day to go to the book signing (NYC) and have my dream of a life time come true! To meet, speak, touch and get my picture with Bono. :heart:

Last edited:
I thank U2 for coming back to NZ after 13 long years. I'd rather wait 13yrs than never have them come back at all! I thank Larry for being so lovely to us, I thank Bono for talking to me and the :shocked: look he gave me when he recognised my hat :faint:, I thank security for being awesome and human. Mostly I thank all the wonderful people at Interference who believed in me and supported my dream and helped encourage me along the way. U2 has brought a lot into my life - awesome memories, and most importantly awesome friends.

What a ride!!!

P.S JC I have my calling card!!! WHOOOOO!!!

thank you, U2 for always striving to give your best, for being so good at what you do, and for remembering what it's like to be a fan.

August 14th, 2005 - Lisbon, Estádio Alvalade XXI

Thanks for that night, U2. You can surely bet that it certainly was one of the best nights of my life ever...

Thanks to Jorge Sampaio (our President at the time) too who gave that condecoration to the band and for the thankful speech Bono made before "Miracle Drug" for our sick children in Hospital D. Estefânia.

Thanks for breaking the string of the double-"Vertigo" in the European setlists and switching the closing one by... a groundbreaking "40"! We, Portuguese, deserved that surprise, since it was the last show on the 2nd leg!

Big thanks for the band for telling me goodbye inside of the van when they getting in the stadium (I just looked back and they were coming, I was caught in surprise).

Thanks for making my €81 and that 0ºC night in February (the night I bought the tickets) more than worthy.

Thanks for this awesome tour. We're gonna miss it!
C u around there, boys!:sad: :wave:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom