Temptation....who will give in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shono

The Fly
For those people who have second and third leg tickets, how hard will you resist the temptation to read, view or listen to any info coming out of these first leg dates?

Do you feel compelled to save yourself any advanced news and enter the summer/fall U2 shows blissfully unaware of what you are about to experience?

Or are you the type of fan who has to know each and every little detail from each and every show on the first leg?

I am curious because I am a third leg ticket holder who wants to remain unaware of what U2 have in store for me in the fall, but I can't help myself from reading spoilers before the tour has even begun. I doubt I'll be able to hold out. :huh:

Where does everyone else stand?:confused:

Shono said:
For those people who have second and third leg tickets, how hard will you resist the temptation to read, view or listen to any info coming out of these first leg dates?

Do you feel compelled to save yourself any advanced news and enter the summer/fall U2 shows blissfully unaware of what you are about to experience?

Or are you the type of fan who has to know each and every little detail from each and every show on the first leg?

I am curious because I am a third leg ticket holder who wants to remain unaware of what U2 have in store for me in the fall, but I can't help myself from reading spoilers before the tour has even begun. I doubt I'll be able to hold out. :huh:

Where does everyone else stand?:confused:

I'm a big fan of this forum (despite what others might tell you) and the majority of posts are interesting - and the guys that upload the music files, I loves ya.

So coming here regularly will be a minefield to me.
I don't want to know what they'll be playing, but I'm bound to see a post on here.

So what to do?
Don't come here till the tours over?
Don't visit my favourite Interference rooms?
Poke my eyes out with a glow stick?

It'll have to be a day to day thing.
I think temptation will get the better of me.

"I can resist everything except temptation" O.W.

I'll certainly read all the spoilers :wink:
I know i couldn't resist, and i just don't mind knowing all the stuff. I'll definitely have a great time on my concert anyway!

im gonne check out all the spoilers. They usually change things here and there by the time the 3rd leg comes around anyways.

*edit* my post above...

i wont be spoiling anything because i just got OPENING SHOW TICKETS!!!!! SWEETNESS!!!

The UK shows are usually different to the US leg anyway, by the time they arrive in Europe all the kinks in the show have gone and they are bang on form!!

I want to hear everyones views from a few shows on the 1st leg but I'll make my own mind up from the 9 shows I'm going to.
All the UK/Ireland shows and just booked Madrid really looking forward to that one!

Everyone just enjoy the shows be it your 50th or your 1st show!!:wink:

madonna said:
*edit* my post above...

i wont be spoiling anything because i just got OPENING SHOW TICKETS!!!!! SWEETNESS!!!

What a great surprise. Ebay? Random Drawing? Grand Theft?

cmb737 said:

What a great surprise. Ebay? Random Drawing? Grand Theft?

Maybe from the ton of tickets they are just now releasing on ticketmaster. People (including me) have been pulling up 8 seats together today. They seem to have release lots of section T4 through T6 today.

inmyplace13 said:
Try having to wait until October 29th...

Or December 15th...arg. Forget it, I'm looking, reading, and hoping for a boot or two as well.

Not even trying to hold out -- sometimes the most fun is watching the newbies around me -- even if I know the core of the show, newbie watching is a great experience.

Besides, as other duly not, it's still a blast, regardless.

I am going to read the spoilers. It doesn't matter if you know every move Bono is going to make. Being there in person is so different than reading about it. It just gets me more pumped to see it live!!!

Besides I have to wait until September 23, Minneapolis. I could never hold out that long.

I'm reading, listening...My first show is only in November ...there is no way i can hold out that long...lol
I need my U2 fix waaaaaaaaaay before then :)

It will be somewhat easy for me to avoid as I leave soon for yoga teacher training and then will be in mongolia during part of the summer.

I knew what went down last time and that didn't dull the moment when the band took the stage (house lights still on)

There's no way I could hold out til November 19, and frankly I don't want to! This is my first U2 gig and all, but I don't really see the point in torturing myself. I mean it's just a setlist, I don't see how knowing what they played in some other city is going to "diminish my concertgoing experience":wink:

I want to know what's going to be played ... that way I don't get my hopes up holding out for "A Sort Of Homecoming".:D

No ... but seriously I want to get an idea of what's going to be played , because I'm impatient.:yes:

I can't hold out till Dec. 10th.

Thats why I am flying out from CT for the first show! I would be too tempted to check the setlist from the first few shows until I see them on 5/17!!

I can understand not listening to the album before it comes out, but just reading about the tour? What is the point of that? I'm not putting you down if you choose that, but what's the secret?

Each U2 show is different, they are unique. Even if they played the same songs everynight, you just never know what you're going to get.

So don't tempt fate, see what you're most likely in store for, and know that there will be surprises no matter how much you think you know what's coming.

Fortunately, I only have to wait until April 20th. But I'm gonna hold off on spoilers until then. I'll read comments about GA setup in San Diego but then no forum reading once the first show kicks off. Then when I finally decide to buy some tix for a 3rd leg show or two (when this Fall rolls around), I'll already know what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom