Tampa Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicely done, boys. Who thought we'd ever hear The Wanderer live? (even sort of live?)

I remain a little uncertain about the "Wa-Wa-Wa-wandering..." but the rest of The Edge's falsetto/backing vocals was tremendous.

Great performance! Interesting that Bono changed the lyrics a little though. In the original, isn't it "I went out walking with a bible and a gun" instead of "with a bible and the sun"?

I liked the original Zooropa version but this version is just...

:drool: :drool:

Edge's falsetto part really adds to the performance.

i wouldn't blame bono for using the telepromter for this song, he probably last sang it in 1993

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Great performance! Interesting that Bono changed the lyrics a little though. In the original, isn't it "I went out walking with a bible and a gun" instead of "with a bible and the sun"?

correct....his prompter may not have been working :)

I asked this earlier but I think there are more people around now, does anyone know how to set a computer with windows to display only in black and white so its easier to see?

ya know, some of us on the west coast were still hoping to be surprised about what song u2 would play on the cash special:wink:

my brother ran in the room and started screaming about something...it scared me, but thankfully i caught this great performance

BonoIsMyMuse said:

Yeah, he changed the lyrics and robbed the song of its resonance in the process. Way to "fuck up the mainstream" and stick to your guns, so to speak, Bono.

Edge was singing all the falsetto stuff, but (probably because of sloppy, Chicago-esque editing) part of it, towards the end, looked like a backing track. He was three or four feet from the mic with his mouth closed, and he was still singing. Again, though...it was either an assisting backing track or bad editing. When he was singing, he WAS singing. Couldn't be missed if you tried--it's worth watching, but it didn't work for me at all.

pattip2000 said:
I asked this earlier but I think there are more people around now, does anyone know how to set a computer with windows to display only in black and white so its easier to see?

Well, you can set the color scheme to a high-contrast one - it's not totally black and white, but it's close...

What version of Windows are you using?

Just read the first page...

That pic from Miami of Bono and Edge made me crack up. :lol:

Thanks for posting it, Lila!

If you shout... said:

Yeah, he changed the lyrics and robbed the song of its resonance in the process. Way to "fuck up the mainstream" and stick to your guns, so to speak, Bono.

it's worth watching, but it didn't work for me at all.

i really couldn't disagree more with you

Harbinger said:

Well, you can set the color scheme to a high-contrast one - it's not totally black and white, but it's close...

What version of Windows are you using?

XP

rock888nwo said:

i really couldn't disagree more with you

That's cool. I guess my reaction is that much stronger because the whole "gun" part of the song is one of my favorite moments in the U2 catalogue. Although it's a bit selfish of me, I let it feel like a back-stabbing, you know? SUCH a great couplet...!

is Radio Gorman still playing Johnny Cash, or are we getting another Gorman megamix? It's too quiet in here since I turned off the TV.

It was well-performed but I'm kinda undecided on how I feel about the arrangement. Still, it was good to finally see it performed live!

The "Bible and a gun" line is a great line, but it doesn't surprise me at all that Bono would change it to something more upbeat in a posthumous tribute to Cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom