taking 11 year old son to Atlanta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marinoberg

Babyface
I'm taking my son to his first U2 show(experience) in Atlanta on 11\18. I have GA tickets and I fear that he won't be able to see, he's 11. I was considering trading with someone perhaps in reserved seating , if that was possible. If we get in the "bomb shelter" maybe we'll be o.k. I just want to maximize this experience because I am certain he will remember it forever.Could someone give me some helpful tips or suggestions. I know how U2 fans are and that is a good thing.

Troubled

From what it seems like at other shows, if you don't scan in there is a good chance you both could be given wristbands anyway... :up:

I hope you get scanned in and your son gets up on stage! My best advice would be to befriend security people at the venue....chances are you will bond with at least one of them and they will take care of you. I think the scanning thing is a crock anyway...I've witnessed people being allows in when they didn't scan VERTIGO and those who DID scan VERTIGO got to take more than one person with them. So good luck!

marinoberg said:
I'm taking my son to his first U2 show(experience) in Atlanta on 11\18. I have GA tickets and I fear that he won't be able to see, he's 11. I was considering trading with someone perhaps in reserved seating , if that was possible. If we get in the "bomb shelter" maybe we'll be o.k. I just want to maximize this experience because I am certain he will remember it forever.Could someone give me some helpful tips or suggestions. I know how U2 fans are and that is a good thing.

Troubled

If by chance you do NOT get let into the Elipse, try the very back of the floor up against the stands. There is usually empty space back there and you may be far enough from taller people so your line of sight will not be blocked. In addition, your son may be able to sit on elevated space where the railing meets the base of stands, thats not for sure though as I'm sure every Arena is contructed a bit differently.

I'd simply ask when you are getting your ticket scanned--I think it is a safety issue, and they should let you in. Having said that, I was at a show where there was a young girl in the ellipse and she and her mother pushed and pushed their way up so that they were soon 2nd row--and it was really dangerous for the girl, who was no older than 8 or 9. There is tons of room at the back of the ellipse, and sometimes U2's security even lets young kids stand in the space between the inner and outer circle, between the rails. There is one area where it is slightly raised. Larry's bodyguard, David, is usually standing back there and I'm sure he'd help you out. Good luck and enjoy the show.

Have a great time both of you!

You're lucky having GA for an indoor show I took my 8 year old daughter to Madrid and we had GA!!!
But she got taken backstage and watched part of the gig from the side of the stage, I'm sure one of the security or the U2 staff will help you.

Yes, it seems like your chances of being close are increased with a younger person.

I'm also taking my 15-year-old stpeson to his first U2 show in Atlanta on 11-18, although we've already seen Coldplay and A Perfect Circle together.

My first U2 show was at 17 and I dragged my parents along (that was 1984). And I'm dragging them along again, so this will be a 3-generation u2 show for us.

Anu

the only drawback to taking your 11 year old to a U2 show GA is that he's going to have the pinacle concert-going experience of his life at such a young age. it's all downhill from this one.... ;)

you will DEFINATELY be able to get into the ellipse. if you don't get beeped in the 1st time, ask some of the staff hanging around the soundboard. everyone at U2 shows is sooooo accomodating for kids. :)

Back
Top Bottom