Take Note: TM's US policy is different to European policy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RA-D

War Child
bloody hell, are these two even related?

TicketMaster.co.uk:
Please note: You are strictly only allowed to make
one booking for this tour. There is a limit of 4 tickets per
booking and because you can only make one booking, you can only
book for one venue. Therefore you will be unableto book for
more than one venue and unable to book for more than 4 tickets
at your chosen venue. Multiple bookings will be cancelled
without notification.

TicketMaster.com:
There is a 2 ticket limit per U2.com Fan Club Member during the presale.

Public onsale has a total ticket limit 8 per person with a floor limit of 2 per person (6 reserved +2 floors or 8 reserved total).

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card.

It would appear that the two have absolutley nothing in common. Americans can stop complaining that they were entitled to fewer shows than Europeans as at least you can work 8 tickets to trade. I have now bought, and found owners for, whilst assuming I would be allowed to attempt to buy more on the General Sale. Whilst this policy would make sense if TM hadn't already sold thousands of tickets to scalpers the fact that they have means this policy makes even less sense, the only thing it is preventing is public touts, who will probably be able to get round it anyway. Anyone else's country got any weird rules?

Last edited:
RA-D said:
bloody hell, are these two even related?

TicketMaster.co.uk:
Please note: You are strictly only allowed to make
one booking for this tour. There is a limit of 4 tickets per
booking and because you can only make one booking, you can only
book for one venue. Therefore you will be unableto book for
more than one venue and unable to book for more than 4 tickets
at your chosen venue. Multiple bookings will be cancelled
without notification.

TicketMaster.com:

Public onsale has a total ticket limit 8 per person with a floor limit of 2 per person (6 reserved +2 floors or 8 reserved total).

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card.

It would appear that the two have absolutley nothing in common. Americans can stop complaining that they were entitled to fewer shows than Europeans as at least you can work 8 tickets to trade. I have now bought, and found owners for, whilst assuming I would be allowed to attempt to buy more on the General Sale. Whilst this policy would make sense if TM hadn't already sold thousands of tickets to scalpers the fact that they have means this policy makes even less sense, the only thing it is preventing is public touts, who will probably be able to get round it anyway. Anyone else's country got any weird rules?

Yes, I would say this sucks for Europeans!!! Wow!!! And I was complaining about the 8 ticket limit but only one booking!!????

does that mean that because i have twickenham tickets, even though i have a second u2.com membership paid for, i wont be able to buy dublin tickets as well???

edited to add - if dublin is looked after by ticketmaster.ie (ireland) does that make it separate and not apply to these rules? for example, their policy states tickets are limited to 6 per person. so does that mean i can buy for there as well as twickers without them interfering with each other??
I'M CONFUSED

Last edited:
Wow, this is absolutely insane. In the US, you can buy up to 8 tickets for every single show if you're somehow lucky enough to get through. As a person who goes to many shows per tour, it's devistating that they don't even give you a chance to buy tickets for the additional shows that ill be added, like the second night in London, let alone trying for 2 or more cities.

Halup said:
Wow, this is absolutely insane. In the US, you can buy up to 8 tickets for every single show if you're somehow lucky enough to get through. As a person who goes to many shows per tour, it's devistating that they don't even give you a chance to buy tickets for the additional shows that ill be added, like the second night in London, let alone trying for 2 or more cities.

halup, don't think we can buy up to every single show or is it!!!

Somebody said they called TM and they said if you go over 8 tickets period, you may lose your other orders.

Ticket Limit

Last edited:
Er... I read that earlier and from that and other things I have seen, I take that to mean that European code users could only use their code once to buy 4 tickets max for one venue, one show (ie not split it amongs two pairs of tickets for two venues). However, I don't see that as a restriction at all for general ticket sales...

My take on the american situation is that as a code user you may buy 2 tickets now with your code and if tickets are bought on the general sale later on, they may not exceed 6 more tickets per household (for a total of 8)

Again, juts my take on this

Miroslava said:
Er... I read that earlier and from that and other things I have seen, I take that to mean that European code users could only use their code once to buy 4 tickets max for one venue, one show (ie not split it amongs two pairs of tickets for two venues). However, I don't see that as a restriction at all for general ticket sales...

My take on the american situation is that as a code user you may buy 2 tickets now with your code and if tickets are bought on the general sale later on, they may not exceed 6 more tickets per household (for a total of 8)

Again, juts my take on this

I think Americans cannot buy more than 8 but I also think that you can only buy 2GA tix

skjuls said:

halup, don't think we can buy up to every single show or is it!!!

Somebody said they called TM and they said if you go over 8 tickets period, you may lose your other orders.

Ticket Limit

If you're referring to my quote in a previous thread, the woman at Ticketmaster in Boston said it's 8 tickets PER SHOW, not in total....

ladywithspinninghead said:

If you're referring to my quote in a previous thread, the woman at Ticketmaster in Boston said it's 8 tickets PER SHOW, not in total....

not that they know, not that anyone seems to know...

I've seen more honest lawyers than this TicketMaster system, in fact, I've seen more honest robbers than this TicketMaster system

Last edited:
so the uk has a 4 ticket limit which ice extended, ireland has a 6 ticket limit and america an 8 ticket limit. so how do they carry it across? if i've used my limit in the uk does that mean i cant purchase irish or american tickets???

skjuls, that 8 ticket limit is per show, which can be made up of 8 regular tickets, 7 regular and 1 GA or 6 regular and 2 GA. For U2.com people who bought their tickets yesterday, this means that if you got 2 GA, you could still order 6 seated tickets for that same show you got yesterday. If you got 2 seated tickets yesterday, you could still get 6 seated, 5 seated and 1 GA or 4 seated and 2 GAs for that show.

to add to the confusion

TicketMaster.ie (Ireland):
Tickets are priced from E59.50 including booking fee and are restricted to six per person/transaction. Tickets purchased by telephone and online are subject to a Ticketmaster service charge of 12.5% to max 5.95 euro per ticket. Agents 2.00 euro.

Oh, for crying out loud!?!?!?

TicketMaster Canada is listing US dates only and the Scandinavian and Dutch services do not recognise U2's existence.

I just spoke to a US Tickemaster representative and his manager. If you participated in the North American presale, you cannot buy *any* tickets in the general sale. This policy comes from the concert promoters, Clear Channel, not Ticketmaster. They said that because the presale was such a disaster, TM will probably be looking very closely at billing address/name/credit card matches. They didn't know if this policy holds true for the entire tour.

F..king unbelievable!!! We paid $40 for the opportunity to buy 2 crappy seats, which some of us didn't even get. People who participate in the general sale can buy four times as many seats as us! Yet another reason to hate Clear Channel.

avivacat said:
I just spoke to a US Tickemaster representative and his manager. If you participated in the North American presale, you cannot buy *any* tickets in the general sale. This policy comes from the concert promoters, Clear Channel, not Ticketmaster. They said that because the presale was such a disaster, TM will probably be looking very closely at billing address/name/credit card matches. They didn't know if this policy holds true for the entire tour.

F..king unbelievable!!! We paid $40 for the opportunity to buy 2 crappy seats, which some of us didn't even get. People who participate in the general sale can buy four times as many seats as us! Yet another reason to hate Clear Channel.

This is RETARDED!!!!!

Like I said we get screwed again b/c we are u2.com members. the General public gets 8 tickets and we get two!

However, there have been so many conflicting stories coming out of TM you would think that they were Fanfire!!!!

Last edited:
avivacat said:

This can't be right. Really, there's no way. This sounds so far out there, the person on the phone must have been in error. There's simply no way this can be possible.

Both the representative and the manager said that it was in writing on the ticket information. Since this conflicts with what some other peopel have been told, I'm going to call back later and go further up the chain of command.

When I called back a second time, I spoke to the head person at that call center (Charleston, West Virginia) and was told that anyone who bought presale tickets can still buy *six* tickets in the general sale. You can only buy eight tickets total.

I found this out after being told yet again that we couldn't buy any general sale tickets... I suggested that he speak to his supervisor tomorrow about the fact that every Ticketmaster call center seems to have a slightly different interpretation. I'm also planning on calling Principle Management tomorrow to let them know about the confusion and, if at all possible, I'm going to buy tickets in the general sale with relatives'credit cards and addresses just to be on the safe side.

Man...it's really a shame for all involved...

Only 2 GA's per person here in the US...guess it's the scalper route one way or another if you plan on going with more than two.

Just went back to the TM Europe page... that disclaimer has been there for a while, possibly since tuesday... I had seen it before.... I think it just applies to the presale code buyers... ie. use your code wisely since you can only apply it toward one show for up to 4 tickets...

Back
Top Bottom