Sydney III Setlist & Watch Party ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There were 2 shows in Germany last year where Bono also happened to forget the songs to Party Girl (go to U2 Tours for the reviews from people). Seems to "staged for me". Having a look at the Sydney 3 Party Girl on YouTube again, you can see Bono playing it up especially motionin Adam and Edge in around him. Whatever, think what you think, but we all know how choreographed Bono is at times. None the less, I loved it. Most people around me were pissed off when they saw it in SYdney

Go Bono!

Wow, U2 rarely play Party Girl and BONO MESSES IT UP! What a shock. I don't see your point. The man has had to rehearse Vertigo even after playing it over 100 times. The man needed a lyrics sheet taped to the stage to remember Walk On and WGRYWH last year even after playing them multiple times in the space of a couple of weeks. He has a shocking memory. I have no doubt in my mind that he isn't staging his errors on Party Girl - perhaps emphasising them after he makes them for comedic effect, but certainly not aiming to make them in the first place.

Watching Party Girl is quite funny in fact. It's a shame that Bono is always forgetting so many of the lyrics, the man has too much on his mind. Strangely, in his political work he can remember anything and anybody. Someone should give him a memory training especially for those songs.
Apart from that, I found Party Girl hilarious, the band were in a very playful mood.

how could you be mad because Bono messed up Party Girl? first of all, getting Party Girl at all would be a treat, but now, it's not just another standard Party Girl, it's all over the place. i seriosuly don't see how people wouldn't be happy to see that.

Just to hear some form of Party Girl was a rarity, how many times has it been played on the Vertigo Tour Andre? Regardless if it was 'staged / murdered / whatever' it went hand in hand with the whole champagne / goodbye / party vibe. I doubt it will be played again in Oz or anywhere for the remainder of leg 5. It was a treat in whatever form it was played.

The saddest thing was that hardly anyone knew 'Party Girl'! People looked totally confused and had no idea what they were playing...

fullautoreverse said:
Celeb sightings - Sharon Stone was in the elipse.

'Sharon Stone' came up as one of the names that sent an sms. I thought I'd hate to actually have to live life with that name. Didn't even know the real Sharon Stone was in Sydney. That's pretty funny.

Does anyone know what was on the kids shirts that Bono got on stage Monday night? He seemed to be in a hurry to get rid of them...
Loved Party Girl - definately forgot the words - not faking it.

dmt0002 said:
Does anyone know what was on the kids shirts that Bono got on stage Monday night? He seemed to be in a hurry to get rid of them...
Loved Party Girl - definately forgot the words - not faking it.
Their shirts said "The Larry Mullen Band". Were they Larry's kids? It seems so. I was in the front GA section in between the b-stage where Bono and kids were and the main stage and there was some nice interplay between Bono and Larry. Larry was laughing his head off.

Earnie Shavers said:

'Sharon Stone' came up as one of the names that sent an sms. I thought I'd hate to actually have to live life with that name. Didn't even know the real Sharon Stone was in Sydney. That's pretty funny.

yup, she was there

Earnie Shavers said:

The real Sharon Stone was on Jay Leno Monday evening(filmed in the afternoon)

Unless this thread starts people writing "funny" names on their cellphones so that it appears on the U2 screen.....

AndrewCowley said:

Their shirts said "The Larry Mullen Band". Were they Larry's kids? It seems so. I was in the front GA section in between the b-stage where Bono and kids were and the main stage and there was some nice interplay between Bono and Larry. Larry was laughing his head off.

They were "the cousins" according to Bono. For anyone who couldn't see what was going on, they were wearing t-shirts as above, and Bono pretended to suddenly notice what the t-shirts said, get peeved and kick the girls off stage :lol:

Personally I have issues with them - they interrupted some serious Bono eye contact I was getting :wink:

I saw Friday and Monday night and to say I was blown away, would be an understatement. Both nights were equally brilliant, but somehow different .... and not just because of the slight variations in the set list. Friday night seemed more precise, where as Monday was full on party mode, the crowd seemed more into it, the band more relaxed. Maybe because I was so much closer on Monday.

I had stand seats both nights (not that anyone sat), both on the right .... but Friday further back, where as Monday was 2nd row, next to where they walked in and close to the stage.

Jimmy Barnes was a few seats away on Monday night and he was very animated, to say the least. He scrambled to the railings along with the rest of us to see them as they walked in. He got no favouritism either ..... It was first in, best position .... hehe

I've got heaps of photo's and hand held camera full song video's of Streets, Elevation, Beautiful Day, Kite and With or Without You (where he pulls the girl on stage), which i'll upload to Youtube as soon as I can and post the links. Some better quality than others, but its hard trying to hold a camera still through those songs.

Back
Top Bottom