Sydney II Setlist & Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sooo envious, I went last night and am going on Monday, and to Melbourne I & II, but I still dnt care - I am torn between a) Going and listening from outside, or just having some beers getting out guitar and playing along...

My goodness last night was good - I was shocked to hear someone say it wasnt as good as Brisbane... I cant see hwo last night could have been better! :drool:
Bono actually said at the end too "I dont want to go tonight" which I thought was pretty indicative.

Anyway... I just hope everyone has a good time - today is boiling and I have spent it having beers by the waterfront here - I really hope everyone who spent their time out in the sun waiting gets rewarded with a good spot!

PS. I missed out last night on the Elipse! I cant believe what happened. I ran in, found it pretty packed, everyone started running to the other barrier, so we did - then we looked over and saw people still entering. We ran over, just when the guys arm came down blocking me... ARRGH! Not to worry....3 more times where I will be in the action.... I cant even begin to fathom what it must be like in the middle in there... :combust:

#KIWIMOFO# said:
I am sooo envious, I went last night and am going on Monday, and to Melbourne I & II, but I still dnt care - I am torn between a) Going and listening from outside, or just having some beers getting out guitar and playing along...

My goodness last night was good - I was shocked to hear someone say it wasnt as good as Brisbane... I cant see hwo last night could have been better! :drool:
Bono actually said at the end too "I dont want to go tonight" which I thought was pretty indicative.

Anyway... I just hope everyone has a good time - today is boiling and I have spent it having beers by the waterfront here - I really hope everyone who spent their time out in the sun waiting gets rewarded with a good spot!

PS. I missed out last night on the Elipse! I cant believe what happened. I ran in, found it pretty packed, everyone started running to the other barrier, so we did - then we looked over and saw people still entering. We ran over, just when the guys arm came down blocking me... ARRGH! Not to worry....3 more times where I will be in the action.... I cant even begin to fathom what it must be like in the middle in there... :combust:

Me too!!!!......I'm going to monday also......last night was awsome...........remeber he also stated " NOW.....THIS IS A CROWD!!!" we went balistic after that! Awsome night.....you must have been near me.......we were here
stadium.gif

Last edited:
COBL
Vertigo
Elevation
UTEOTW
NYD
Beautiful Day
Yahweh
Walk On
SYCMIOYO
LAPOE
SBS
Bullet
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Streets
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
WOWY

Saints
Angel
Kite

You heard it here first, feel free to go to bed now Americans.

What time did u get to the show just to miss out on the eclipse?

I got there at 3:20. I should NOT have missed it - the gate was so tiny, it looked like it was blocked off.. as a result, I shoudl have got in. Anyone queing up before 3:30 would have got in. I am thinking Monday it will probably be 4. I cant make it, i have to stay at work till 5 - but I think Monday wont be that packed at all. Make it by 6 and you will get a good spot I think...

Fly so High: I dont know how to insert an image, but basically I was 15metres in front of the left hand speaker, about 7 metres out towards the stand from the left hand catwalk (Edge's). It was a great spot, right on the barrier.

I have to say - the corporates bug me though - you have the hard core fans surrounding the stage, then they let in 1000 corporates then it is us outside the outer barrier... So there is a midsection of people standing sipping beer and bascially uncaring... They should stick to the stands.

i agree . . .leave the eclipse for the lovers of the music. The ones that will appreciate it. Dont worry uve got a few shows to go ull get in !!!

Bring on sydneyII - Hope we see some change in the setlist

Im hoping one from Boy sneaks in - Electric Co. or Out of Control :drool:

Yeah, I heard Out of Control last night - but by the Tribute band outside at the Homebush Brewhouse... I was thinking they might just put one of those in.

I was shocked by peoples knowledge last night also... there were people with Vertigo T'shirts on - and they didnt know Kite, Saints, Zoo TV... And most people around us didnt know Bullet the Blue Sky... odd. If I go to a concert I generally like the band enough to go through their collection. It isnt like Kite is archaic, and if they had watched Sydney ZooTV they would know a lot of it anyway. Hmmm

T minus 1 hour!

^ I agree...........do you know what else shat me right off! Knobs that had rocked on up...say....around 8:30....pushing and forcing our bodies out of the way....so they could get closer.....I said to this one guy..."Are you right?" He goes " I'm not being rude...just wanna get to the front" :mad:

Hey.....we should be there around 4 on monday! PM your mobile phone number and we should try to get a good spot for ya!

Yeh that would be very annoying !!! Kite i can see people not knowing but BTBS???? Thats one of u2's very well known live songs. Very Odd.

Ive got to go to a mates 21st 2nite so im gona miss the setlist party. Ive told my brother to update me with the songs as they come in.

He couldnt believe people wait for setlist updates on the net. :wink: lol

For the love i told him

I'm here.

:wave:

I'm up preparing stuff for tomorrow.
Which is what I usually do around this time on Fridaynight/Saturday morning.

Wasn't at yesterday's setlist party.
But I read that the setlist was the same as Brisbane.

I haven't been posting much lately.
Lurking a lot though.
The Brisbane setlist party was actually the last time I posted.

:reject:

Last edited:
I probably can't stay for the whole thing, especially since it hasn't even started yet. Got to get up & get going in the morning ya know :wink:

and yes, looks like it. Unless... there's lurkers :shifty:

Lila64 said:
Got to get up & get going in the morning ya know :wink:

Know all about it.
This is probably the night I get the least amount of sleep each week.
I have to be up early tomorrow as well.
To go to work.

Hi liam! :wave:

I will be your source,I hope... but may not make it thru the whole show. It's not started yet :grumpy:

Liamcool - do you have yahoo messenger?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom