Sydney 1 Setlist & Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi guys,

back from the show...brilliant. i went to brissie too, and the crowd was definitely more into it. It was louder than brisbane too, maybe the sound was bouncing around in the stadium.

it rained for maybe four or five songs at the beginning, but then cleared up and was a humid night. it was interesting during sbs, bono didnt make the speech about releasing david hicks (aussie taliban fighter in guantanamo) like he did in brisbane, but covered his mouth with his hand. i think he was being cheeky implying he wont say anything too political cause he's copped some heat in the press this last week about his activism

Zoologica said:
Hi guys,

back from the show...brilliant. i went to brissie too, and the crowd was definitely more into it. It was louder than brisbane too, maybe the sound was bouncing around in the stadium.

How was Bono's voice? Stronger then Brisbane?

Just got back - what an AWESOME show!!! Miss Sarajevo -> Pride -> Streets doesn't really work, but oh well!! I was right in front of the stage, and despite the rain both the crowd and the band were really into it. what an incredible night!!

now i have to get some sleep for tomorrow....=P

Hey. Still recovering from it and getting ready to do it all again in a few hours, haha. This was my first U2 show ever, and I honestly couldn't have asked for anything more perfect than this. :D

Sydney crowds are insanely awesome, too. Much love.

:up: Liking that harmonica on Angel of Harlem, the intro to Kite and the second solo (too bad the taper didn't get all of it).

Kite was amazing - but it must be said - the huge 70,000 song singalong of 'Beautiful Day' (and that roar when the first chrds kicked in) will stay with me forever. Truly a magnificent moment.

Oh and as for the Kylie snippet, I did have a ticket for U2 tonight but since Kylie beat cancer (well, cant be too pissy about that - shes fucking awesome!) and rescheduled I had to give my U2 ticket away. But do not fear! I will make it up with Sydney 3!

BTW it wasn't too hard to pass up Sydney 2 - tonights Kylie gig will be her first in 18 months and her first show back since being diagnosed with breast cancer. I know the Sydney Entertainment Centre 'only' holds 10,000 - but when she steps onstage for the first time tonight, the roar in the SEC will probably be louder than U2 last night.

What a weekend.

Fuck yeah!

(Sorry - still euphoric from last night, on a Bono high and off to see Kylie tonight. For a fan of all things poppy does it get any better?)

thatsnotmypuppy said:
(and that roar when the first chrds kicked in) will stay with me forever. Truly a magnificent moment.

The first chords of Beautiful Day is by far and away the thing i'm most looking forward too. I've been in spine-tingling crowd roars before, but i feel that this will be something else.

Back
Top Bottom