Switchfoot Opening for U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaxFisher

War Child
Just got this e-mail from a friend....

"This story made me think of you. So, my friend's brother, who, next to you, is the BIGGEST u2 fan on the face of God's green earth, is good friends with a couple of the bandmembers in Switchfoot. They were telling him that u2 is considering them as a band to possibly open for their 2005 tour in the States."

Max,

If you get anymore information about this, let me know. If it happens, I'd love to attempt to line up an interview opp with the band to introduce them to the U2 fan community on Interference.

newspaper reports in the UK say the following bands are currently in talks for the opening act on U2 new world tour in 2005. SNOW PATROL, THE THRILLS and SISSOR SISTORS

I've heard that Switchfoot's an amazing live band. I don't know why they'd settle for opening for U2, but if that's the case, that would be awesome.

C'mon people!! Who do you want to be the supporting acts? Switchfoot surely beats a lot of the past opening acts.

andyuk said:
newspaper reports in the UK say the following bands are currently in talks for the opening act on U2 new world tour in 2005. SNOW PATROL, THE THRILLS and SISSOR SISTORS

Please, NOT Scissor Sisters!

FullonEdge2 said:
Switchfoot surely beats a lot of the past opening acts.

switchfoot is greater than:

pj harvey
rage against the machine
pixies
oasis
public enemy
garbage
no doubt
primus

sorry, try again. im surprised at how crappy the potential openers being discussed are. especially considering the impressive list of past openers u2 has had. don't they have enough clout to get coldplay to open some shows, as opposed to coldplay knock-offs? (snow patrol, ugh)

Snow Patrol has been around just as long as Coldplay...if not longer. I'm not sure who is the knock-off of who, or even if that can be determined.

Don't forget to add to the openers list of bands better than Switchfoot: Pearl Jam!!

pacemaker said:
Switchfoot is in NO way greater than most of those bands, particularly Rage Against The Machine.

Garbage, maybe. But all the rest are leaps and bounds above Switchfoot.

um, ok. I disagree. I'd rather see Switchfoot perform a few of their songs than any of those bands save Oasis. Yes, Pearl Jam and Coldplay would be even better, but there's no way they'd settle for an opening slot.

If you don't like the opener, consider it as a huge contrast when U2 hits the stage. 'Twould be silly to arrive late and not get your full money's worth.

switchfoot is a great band. oasis is great. rage stands for nothing, garbage is very good. pj harvey was horrendous. snow partol is good, but all their songs are the same. scissor sisters just plain suck.

if you doubt switchfoot, get ahold of...
playing for keeps,
this is your life,
the beautiful letdown,

i doubt they'll be the opening band, but if they do, it would be better than most of the other options.

I have seen Switchfoot live twice (before they became famous). They are really good. Inspirational.

I think Switchfoot would definitatly set the right mood for U2. Switchfoot is also a spiritual band. They also wait for "God to walk in the room".

I think the US dates will have the Killers opening. Europe dates...Keane.

PS: Its going to be the "love and peace or else tour"

The Killers are the best choice to open up for U2. Their lead singer reminds me of a young Bono . He has an amazing voice.

Back
Top Bottom