Surviving HTDAAB songs on the next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlwicke

Babyface
Seems that only 2 songs from the last album "survived" the Elevation-tour, BD and Elevation. When U2 do their next tour, which songs of the new (?) album will be played. What do you think?

Vertigo for sure
''Sometimes you can't make it on your own'' Maybe 50% sure
City of Blinding Lights 30% sure

Out for sure (on regular rotation) :

Yahweh
Miracle Drug
Love And peace
Original of the Speecies

^^^I think they'll be another tour. No telling when is the question. I would think:

Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights (good encore tune)
Miracle Drug

will see the light of day again. Love Peace or Else could be the new Bullet but I doubt it.

Vertigo definately

City of Blinding Lights most of the time

Love and Peace/ Miracle Drug may rotate, providing either are released as a single.

All Because of You will probably be relegated to a snippet position.

These are my 5 favourites from HTDAAB and have all worked well live, so I would love to see them on future tours.

TheFly40 said:
Even more important question...
Will there be a next tour?
one word, yes, the band have already stated so many times, that theres still LOADS to do,

Vertigo, and hopefully only once a night. Maybe LPOE and Miracle Drug. But I'm quite sure COBL will stay, it has turned into the Streets of this tour.

BTW, am I the only one suprised that U2 hasn't played Walk On yet this tour?

Most likely :
Vertigo & City of Blinding lights.
(& Crumbs, if they ever start to play it)

Miracle drug & Yahweh, maybe but not staples.
Love and Peace? Nahh, Doubt they'd do the LAPOE-SBS-BTBS thing again.

Somtimes.. even though it's a good one I don't think so

The trick is that we don't know the sonic direction of the next album, so it is hard to say. What will fit in? What will be redundant?

Vertigo and City for sure. Beyond that, it depends....

Maybe they'll play Vertigo twice on the next tour, too. :wink:

Seriously, Vertigo is the only one that's a lock to be a concert staple for years to come. Aside from that, I can see maybe some of the singles popping in from time to time. I'd love to see Love and Peace Or Else replace Bullet in the traditional 'heart of darkness' set, since I think Bullet is a bit played out. Maybe U2 will bring back SYCMIOYO on the anniversary of Bono's dad's death or something.

But who knows, maybe next tour will be the one where U2 plays totally different, random setlists every night with Acrobat, One Step Closer and Playboy Mansion in the encores. The opening act on this tour can be a flying pig.

i might be the only one who actually thinks "vertigo" WONT be a regular on the next tour. i dont see them playin it every night...

the song they'll play for sure: COBL

they'll drop "sometimes..." (like "kite)

and the rest? hmm, maybe they get "crumbs" or "original of the species" right and play it next tour...

Hmm...you know, I really wouldn't mind seeing COBL replace Streets next time out. I know that sounds like heresy...but I'd love it.

The fact is, imho, that a lot of songs of HTDAAB are better live than the three previous records. Vertigo, COBL, Sometimes, Miracle Drug, ABOY and - amazingly - LAPOE are magic live. It gave me more thrills than Stuck, Kite, BD or In a little while... So it will be difficult for them to choose. Perhaps Bullet will be dropped in favour of LAPOE and Elevation replaced by Vertigo; COBL will make it to the set most of the nights.

However, it will be difficult to remove Bullet. As a non-hit-single, they've played it at nearly every gig since the JT-tour... It's a bit out of date, but they can't get enough of that song. Neither can I.

Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights

Will survive.

Miracle Drug I hope survives. But who knows how good the next album will be and whether they will tour again. Until the End of the World and Mysterious Ways are dreadful live songs compared to Gloria and Stay, Kite etc. yet U2 persist with these songs in their concerts. Only the band can decide.

i honestly think vertigo could ge gone on the next one with SYCMOYO, Miracle Drug and COBL staying with us. possibly LAPOE too coz eegde's slide solo sounds amazing live....
i just think vertigo is their biggest attempt at a pop song its their shortest single ever which says a lot, so i reckon it could be disposable in the eyes of the band?

Edge said at one point that he liked "Miracle Drug" so much that they'd be playing it for a long time. But he also said something similar about "Walk On." So who the hell knows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom