support band for Aussie tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm expecting another - local - act to be announced though, as they're stadium gigs. The European ones had two openers, and I think that U2's stadium gigs here in the past have had two.

Dear U2,

Your perfect opener is Split Enz. Please make the appropriate arrangements.

Thanks,
Axver

Axver said:
Your perfect opener is Split Enz.

On the TV news in Sydney tonight it was mentioned that Split Enz would announce tomorrow (1st February) that they are reforming and their tour dates.
This is the first I have heard of this, but I do not know how old the news of the reforming is.

Down Under said:

On the TV news in Sydney tonight it was mentioned that Split Enz would announce tomorrow (1st February) that they are reforming and their tour dates.
This is the first I have heard of this, but I do not know how old the news of the reforming is.

It's been rumoured for a bit now; Timothius and I have discussed it in a couple of threads on here. I think it was over a month or two ago that Timo was quite confident the re-union would happen and time's proven him right.

Can't wait for the dates to be announced, and I hope the ticket price is reasonable. I've already splurged on seeing U2, but I'm not missing the Enz!

(Let's hope they announce their dates are as U2's opener and Kanye's been dumped. :wink: )

Axver said:
I'm expecting another - local - act to be announced though, as they're stadium gigs. The European ones had two openers, and I think that U2's stadium gigs here in the past have had two.

Dear U2,

Thanks,
Axver

i'll second that! :D

although it doesnt really matter, we're getting enz on their own in afew months anyway, officially announced tomorrow :D

Aloha from Hawaii everyone. I've been looking for some aussie advice on transportation to Telstra stadium from Circular Quay area. Is there public trans or should we rent a car? Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, I'd appreciate any advice. We're first time visitors to your beautiful country! Can't wait.

Popmart only had one support band on the Oz tour, Sidewinder(where are they now?? lol). So we might only get the one...

I want Arcade Fire or Bloc Party!! ARCADE FIRE!!!!!!!!!

mobaby said:
Aloha from Hawaii everyone. I've been looking for some aussie advice on transportation to Telstra stadium from Circular Quay area. Is there public trans or should we rent a car? Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, I'd appreciate any advice. We're first time visitors to your beautiful country! Can't wait.

Definitely don't rent a car for it. Easy to do on the train from the Quay. You could even go by ferry.

Back when this was all getting announced I heard there was a second support act being lined up and there were stories of Arcade Fire dates that seemed to line up. That was PRE-Kanye announcement though. I agree, if there is a second it will be a local chump.

Anyone going to see Kanye on April 2 at the Opera House? I actually will be, but I assume I'm alone in that. Anyway, 25 piece backing outfit should be pretty impressive, and I wouldn't be surprised to see an appearence from another outspoken, bad dressing, Grammy nominee...

Axver said:

Dear U2,

Thanks,
Axver

I 3rd or 4th that!!!!:rockon:

Axver said:

Dear U2,

Thanks,
Axver
I hope there will be a local support act!

Back
Top Bottom