Stupid Person of The Year: £5.50 to give your ticket to someone else!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallycinnamon78

New Yorker
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6508113490

I posted this a while back in a random thread (someone else had found it before I did - I think it was enajh2).

Some stupid sod has actually forked out £5.50, for this:

Winning bid: £5.50
Ended: 06-Feb-05 01:01:09 GMT
Start time: 27-Jan-05 01:01:09 GMT
History: 4 bids (£0.01 starting bid)
Post to: Will arrange for local pickup only

Description (revised) Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

Unlike other U2 auctions, I am offering you a unique experience to see U2. Most bidders will tell you that they bought tickets in the "Fan Club" presale, got the best tickets in the house, and then found that they cannot go, preferring to sit at home with the hard earned proceeds of scalping tickets from genuine fans and selling them to you for bids starting as low as $5,500 : only a mere 10,000% markup!

What I am offering you is something even better. As a genuine and committed U2 fan of the past 18 years, I am offering to accompany anyone who has bought tickets and finds that they cannot find someone to go with, or who has a spare ticket, the opportunity to enjoy my company throught the whole day and evening. As I live a mere few miles from Twickenham, I am also offering expert knowledge of the area, buses, boozers, and a running commentary throughout the day of any obscure U2 trivia I can think of. This commentary is optional if you prefer to enjoy the music. I can also sing - in tune - along to any U2 songs played during the performance.

This is a unique opportunity to experience U2 at their best : with a big fan - who knows all the words to all the songs - on this, the one that enterprising ripoff scalpers have been calling "The final tour of their career".

As a gesture of goodwill, I will waive the UK minimum wage of £4.61 per hour in return for a ticket, and will even pay you the face value of any standing ticket in the venue, being approximately £55. Ticketmaster fees can be covered by the purchase of one or more alcoholic drinks in a paper cup or other item of equivalent value (prices of pints sold at Twickenham can go up or down).

I am offering to perform this service to the U2 fan like yourself who finds themseleves unable to find anyone to go with, or is now unable to go. I know there are some of you out there, given the number of U2 tickets currently on Ebay.com. But now, no need to pay Ebay fees to offload those unwanted tickets. Because the U2 TWICKENHAM FAN EXPERIENCE is available now. And there's no need to miss out on your favourite band either.

Fan (gentle_anarchist) will be delivered to the venue - or other public place near the venue (Twickenham) of your choice - on either the 18th or 19th June at a time of your choosing within usual pre-performance waking hours (9am-8pm), subject to a valid standing ticket for the show being made available for my entry into the venue on the day of the performance. Any questions, please email me and I will endeavour to respond.

PLEASE NOTE : in order to ensure that genuine fans are not exploited, I will be cancelling bids that reach a prohibitive price so that I do not pay excessive Ebay fees on this, as this offer is operating on a non-profit basis, and is that of a goodwill gesture from one fan to other genuine fans of the band.

On 28-Jan-05 at 15:00:37 GMT, seller added the following information:

UPDATE : Please note the current bid (sassifrass13) is from my girlfriend whose decided that I can't sell my company for an evening... but she's wrong : don't be put off if the high bidder is "sassifrass13". I'm still open to offers!

:ohmy: One can only hope that it was all a joke!

Last edited:
holy smokes. I wonder if this weiner expects the "winner" to buy him a program and shirt as well? After all, He knows the words to all of U2 songs!

and will even pay you the face value of any standing ticket in the venue, being approximately £55. Ticketmaster fees can be covered by the purchase of one or more alcoholic drinks in a paper cup or other item of equivalent value (prices of pints sold at Twickenham can go up or down)

I thought this was very cute and clever... this was a wanted ad to purchase a ticket at face value, just very cleverly worded... I am sure the "seller" will be reimbursing the 5.50 to the "winner" and of course paying for the ticket...

I give him and A+ for originality and persistance. :wink:

Last edited:
Not a bad deal, especially if you need to heed the call of nature while standing in the GA line.... :wink:

Ahhh the wonders of e-bay. And for anyone living in the UK be aware - the Inland Revenue (UK version of the IRS for our American friends) have formed a new team dedicated to chasing down ebay users. They want the tax you see. I can imagine this cute fella getting a knock on the door after the event when he doesn't account for the £5.50 shortfall on his tax return.

Don't let the bastards grind you down.

i saw this when it went up on ebay - honstly if i had a spare ticket i would have bid for this guy to go with me! he sounds like a laugh and a desperate fan!

If I was going to that show and I had had a spare ticket it would have been his. I did email him when the auction was up and wished him luck and congratulated him on being a clever SOB! :wink:

I saw something like this on craigslist... the persone was offering his/her company for the night in exchange for a U2 ticket! All you had to do was send in your photo, and I guess if he/she liked you, they would give you the ticket (free!) and go to the show with you.

:| :lol:

I saw an ad, also on craigslist, where this gal was offering to have sex with whoever had an extra ticket for the MSG show. If you had two, she'd make it a threesome with her "hot" girlfriend. :ohmy:

Pop Artist said:
I saw an ad, also on craigslist, where this gal was offering to have sex with whoever had an extra ticket for the MSG show. If you had two, she'd make it a threesome with her "hot" girlfriend. :ohmy:

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Fair play to this guy.
Ten out of ten for originality, and ten out of ten for being such a chancer. I wish him luck.

Back
Top Bottom