Stop the Complaining and Deal!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2FanPeter said:
Popmart:

Edmonton - 3 changes
Oakland - 3 changes
Boston - 3 changes
Rotterdam - 4+ changes
Dublin - 3+ changes
Toronto - 4 changes

u2fp
and how many shows were there in them citys?

also can you do the same for Zoo please

U2FanPeter said:
I limited my lists to cities with 2 shows. I have avoided cities with 3-4 shows.

My Zoo and Elevation list was done a page back.

u2fp

"The indoor Zoo was a one-night-only 'barnstorming" tour with few multiple stands."

so pretty much like the 2nd leg of vertigo then? with only about 4 citys getting more than 1 show? and the shows that had 3 shows seen some major suprises i.e. dublin 3 had gloria, an cat dubh, bad etc, amsterdam 3 had miss sarajevo a FULL band version of original of the species and 40,

the 1st leg seen as many as 4 changes, and changes in flow of setlists

3rd 4th and maybe 5th legs we have no idea what they are planning

KUEFC09U2 said:
stop it, were nothing more than "blind followers" ZooTv although great, was the most ULTRA static setlist, but your right, no problems with the 90's

:hmm: I gotta ask.....who called you guys "blind followers" in the first place? We've got to know where all this paranoia stems from!

U2Man said:

:hmm: I gotta ask.....who called you guys "blind followers" in the first place? We've got to know where all this paranoia stems from!
you just see it crop up every now and again, am not paranoid, as i dont care but to be called it for enjoying something is just wrong,

its just a running joke between a few people now,

U2Man said:

The term has been used by a few people but the one person who most prominently springs to mind is ponkine (the originator of the 'sheep' term too).

KUEFC09U2 said:

"The indoor Zoo was a one-night-only 'barnstorming" tour with few multiple stands."

so pretty much like the 2nd leg of vertigo then? with only about 4 citys getting more than 1 show? and the shows that had 3 shows seen some major suprises i.e. dublin 3 had gloria, an cat dubh, bad etc, amsterdam 3 had miss sarajevo a FULL band version of original of the species and 40,

the 1st leg seen as many as 4 changes, and changes in flow of setlists

3rd 4th and maybe 5th legs we have no idea what they are planning

Europigo has 7 multiple show cities. Zoo Leg1 had 2(LA and Tacoma - which was originally a Portland date)

The 2-night Paris '05 run seems to annoy people the most. 1 song change, and one song dropped. This excludes all the snippets.

Vancouver '05 also only had about 2 changes - plus it dropped BAD with nothing replacing it. They were only filming about 20% of the concert.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:

Europigo has 7 multiple show cities. Zoo Leg1 had 2(LA and Tacoma - which was originally a Portland date)

The 2-night Paris '05 run seems to annoy people the most. 1 song change, and one song dropped. This excludes all the snippets.

Vancouver '05 also only had about 2 changes - plus it dropped BAD with nothing replacing it. They were only filming about 20% of the concert.

u2fp
so? the majority of the 1st leg of Zoo remained the same, night after night, with NO changes? and i am sure there are elevation and popmart shows were the same setlist has been played the same time in the same city

U2dork said:
OMG :crack:
I had green shag carpet in my bedroom for the first 18 years of my life. The phrase "go to your room" meant an hour of staring at that carpet wondering what on earth the inventor of shag carpet was thinking.

I had yellow shag carpet in my bedroom but the plastic modular bookcase was green. :wink:

KUEFC09U2 said:
so? the majority of the 1st leg of Zoo remained the same, night after night, with NO changes? and i am sure there are elevation and popmart shows were the same setlist has been played the same time in the same city

Show me these identical setlists in multiple show cities.

u2fp

L.A. night one

Opening Act(s): The Pixies

Main Set: Zoo Station, The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways, One, Until The End Of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Trying to Throw Your Arms..., Angel Of Harlem, Satellite Of Love, Bad-All I Want Is You-Bullet The Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still, Where the Streets , Pride, I Still Haven't Found

Encore(s): Desire, Ultraviolet (Light My Way), With or Without You, Love Is Blindness

L.A. night 2

Opening Act(s): The Pixies

Main Set: Zoo Station, The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways, One, Until The End Of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Trying to Throw Your Arms..., Angel Of Harlem-Dancing Queen, Satellite Of Love, Bad-All I Want Is You-Bullet The Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still, Where the Streets , Pride, I Still Haven't Found

Encore(s): Desire, Ultraviolet (Light My Way), With or Without You, Love Is Blindness

second leg

milan night one

Opening Act(s): Fatima Mansions

Main Set: Zoo Station, The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways, One, Until The End Of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Trying to Throw Your Arms..., Angel Of Harlem, When Love Comes to Town, Satellite of Love, Bad-So Cruel, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still, Where the Streets , Pride, I Still Haven't Found

milan night two

Opening Act(s): Fatima Mansions

Main Set: Zoo Station, The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways, One, Until The End Of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Trying to Throw Your Arms..., Angel Of Harlem, When Love Comes to Town, Satellite of Love, Bad-So Cruel, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running to Stand Still, Where the Streets , Pride, I Still Haven't Found

and notice how they havent really changed between legs?

but yep thats ok because its the 90's and now people moan about it?

according to u2-vertigo-tour.com some of the info in your sets is a little off

Chizip said:
according to u2-vertigo-tour.com some of the info in your sets is a little off
i wouldnt know i got them from u2tours.com

but anyway to be honest am not really botherd anymore, if people dont like it then thats not my problem right?

as long as i like it thats all that matters :)

i just get worked up a little sometimes

KUEFC09U2 said:
i wouldnt know i got them from u2tours.com

but anyway to be honest am not really botherd anymore, if people dont like it then thats not my problem right?

as long as i like it thats all that matters :)

i just get worked up a little sometimes

youll live longer with that kind of attitude :up:

Chizip said:

youll live longer with that kind of attitude :up:
so any come on, i just checked u2-vertigo-tour.com i cant see the difference between the set i posted and the ones on that site?

well for the milan dates u2-vertigo tour.com says they played stand by me on the first night. they also said the snippets after bad were different. one was so cruel, the other was all i want is you. so yeah it was nothing major, but at least it wasnt identical.

Chizip said:
well for the milan dates u2-vertigo tour.com says they played stand by me on the first night. they also said the snippets after bad were different. one was so cruel, the other was all i want is you. so yeah it was nothing major, but at least it wasnt identical.
lol but we have had different snippets this time out :wink:

but you can see where i was coming from anyway :)

anyway as i said, not my concern now, i am a changed person lol

KUEFC09U2 said:
so any come on, i just checked u2-vertigo-tour.com i cant see the difference between the set i posted and the ones on that site?

Well, regarding the Milan one, on 1992-05-21, Dancing Queen was played and AIWIY (not So Cruel) was snippeted after Bad, and on 1992-05-22, Unchained Melody didn't follow One.

And oh yeah, the Stand By Me thing. Chizip well and truly beat me to it.

and to be honest, if u2 were playing setlists as good as the zootv ones i wouldnt mind if they were almost the same everynight.

i look at those setlists and drool all over my computer. but hey, those are just the songs id love to hear, im sure its different for everyone.

Chizip said:
and to be honest, if u2 were playing setlists as good as the zootv ones i wouldnt mind if they were almost the same everynight.

i look at those setlists and drool all over my computer. but hey, those are just the songs id love to hear, im sure its different for everyone.
thats how i feel about these, and i get worked up when people try to tell me i shouldnt like it :(

anyway i am off to bed, night all :wave:

Chizip said:

I think you've perfectly illustrated the fundamental matter of taste. I personally don't think ZooTV had particularly exceptional sets and I find Vertigo to be far more exciting in that regard.

Personally, the kind of set I would be perfectly happy to hear night after night without a change might look a little something like this combination of 1983-06-05 Red Rocks and 1989-12-26 Dublin:

1. God Part II
2. Desire
3. All Along The Watchtower
4. All I Want Is You
5. Resolution And Independence (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
6. Gloria
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
8. MLK
9. One Tree Hill
10. Van Diemen's Land
11. Bullet The Blue Sky
12. Running To Stand Still
13. New Year's Day
14. The Electric Co.
15. I Threw A Brick Through A Window
16. A Day Without Me

17. Party Girl
18. 11 O'clock Tick Tock / Drowning Man (snippet)
19. I Will Follow

20. With Or Without You
21. 40

Sure, it may be a little short compared to the current tour, but :drool:

personally, i look at a set like this during ZooTV:

Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways / Funky Town (snippet) / Love To Love You Baby (snippet)
One
Unchained Melody
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Numb
Zooropa
Babyface
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Satellite Of Love
Bad / Fool To Cry (snippet)
The First Time
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still / The End (snippet)
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
Desire / You Make Me Feel So Young (snippet)
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Love Is Blindness
Can't Help Falling In Love

and i would never get sick of that :drool: :drool: :drool:

So there has yet to be a confirmed identical setlist(I'm reading Pimm's book rather than the websites.

Also, the Zoo shows had the phone calls - fans knew it was coming but would have no idea where bono would call. While some may consider this insignificant, it did last longer than many snippets u2 have played over the years.

u2fp

PS - do any websites or books have listing of who bono called each night of the ZOOTV tour?

Chizip said:
personally, i look at a set like this during ZooTV:

Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways / Funky Town (snippet) / Love To Love You Baby (snippet)
One
Unchained Melody
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Numb
Zooropa
Babyface
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Satellite Of Love
Bad / Fool To Cry (snippet)
The First Time
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still / The End (snippet)
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
Desire / You Make Me Feel So Young (snippet)
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Love Is Blindness
Can't Help Falling In Love

and i would never get sick of that :drool: :drool: :drool:

add some Lemon on that biznitch, and you and I can party down like two pigs in slop.

or whatever.

Interesting how Vertigo/Elevation setlist bashers proudly declare they love setlists of Zoo TV/Popmart.

Now THAT was static.

Back
Top Bottom