Stop the Complaining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
People are complaining so much about the setlist. Damnit, when it was first shown, people loved it. People thought it was the best setlist ever. Why the sudden change? I saw Wednesday's show and loved it.

SMB

The OOTS said:
Variety is the spice of life.
but why complain about it when they have never done it before? (well apart from lovetown), so i guess the people that are complaning about it, they also complaned during elevation, popmart, zootv, and the JT tour

:confused: i dont really see any recent threads complaining about the setlist?

Shawn Bonneau said:
People are complaining so much about the setlist. Damnit, when it was first shown, people loved it. People thought it was the best setlist ever. Why the sudden change? I saw Wednesday's show and loved it.

SMB
Well, I never thought it was the best setlist ever. Far from it, actually. As The OOTS said, people have a right to complain here as long as they don't get too carried away. It's kind of the point of the forum, the expression of opinions.

I'm getting tired of some people trying to shut up and drive away anyone who doesn't go along with popular opinion. Perfect example is the setlist party thread where MrBrau1 was pretty much driven off because Axver and a couple others declared that only positive, happy thoughts were allowed. I didn't agree with MrBrau1 most of the time but he had a right to post his opinion there.

Re: Re: Stop the Complaining

Zootomic said:

Well, I never thought it was the best setlist ever. Far from it, actually. As The OOTS said, people have a right to complain here as long as they don't get too carried away. It's kind of the point of the forum, the expression of opinions.

I'm getting tired of some people trying to shut up and drive away anyone who doesn't go along with popular opinion. Perfect example is the setlist party thread where MrBrau1 was pretty much driven off because Axver and a couple others declared that only positive, happy thoughts were allowed. I didn't agree with MrBrau1 most of the time but he had a right to post his opinion there.

Agreed.

Zootomic said:

Here, here...I think we get enough of this in real life here in the states.

Zootomic said:

Please don't put words in my mouth. It makes you look like an ignorant twat. Just a tip.

I never said anyone had to be positive about the setlist. To even imply that I think that shows you haven't even properly read my posts. Go ahead and dislike elements of the setlist (I won't say 'the whole setlist'as I'm sure anyone could find ONE thing to like in just about any set) - I personally don't like the repetition of Vertigo and Pride/Streets/One - but don't make statements that are factually incorrect. A factual inaccuracy is what I disputed, and instead of responding maturely, Brau told me that I suck Bono.

And here's a wonderful suggestion for everyone: let's stop complaining, full stop. You can offer a negative opinion without sounding like a whiner. Also, try to enjoy life rather than trying to pick it apart. You might just be happier that way.

Back
Top Bottom