Stones stage compared to Vertigo Stage...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with Chizip :wink:

The stage is ugly but at least it contains some new ideas.

U2Man said:
I agree with Chizip :wink:

The stage is ugly but at least it contains some new ideas.
eh your just going against what you said yesterday there,

didnt U2 do something similar with a moving lemon once upon a time? hmm could that be were the idea of a moving bstage came from?

but wait yes the stones are so innovative

KUEFC09U2 said:
eh your just going against what you said yesterday there,

didnt U2 do something similar with a moving lemon once upon a time? hmm could that be were the idea of a moving bstage came from?

but wait yes the stones are so innovative

No, I said it was ugly yesterday, too. I hadn't noticed the people in there yesterday. That is the cool part.

U2Man said:

No, I said it was ugly yesterday, too. I hadn't noticed the people in there yesterday. That is the cool part.
again is that not just taking the "bomb shelter" into another level?

U2Man said:

:hmm:

What do you say people, are we going to believe this????

:wink:
i dont see why you have to be like that with me all the time? am i not allowed to state my opinion on liking the tour?

Well, I'll tell ya, I'll gladly take U2's less-than-innovative stage design (though personally, I found the light curtains very impressive w/ a straight on view across the arena) and their top ticket price at $170...how sad is that?! The carport and moving b-stage don't seem that spectacular to demand a $450 top price ticket! That's just straight up CRAZY! That's a grand for a pair of tickets!

KUEFC09U2 said:
again is that not just taking the "bomb shelter" into another level?

Um, if you wish to see it that way, but no matter what, I have never seen people placed at this spot at any concert.

KUEFC09U2 said:
i dont see why you have to be like that with me all the time? am i not allowed to state my opinion on liking the tour?

You are, but you are proving my point at this very moment. :wink:

mabel said:
Well, I'll tell ya, I'll gladly take U2's less-than-innovative stage design (though personally, I found the light curtains very impressive w/ a straight on view across the arena) and their top ticket price at $170...how sad is that?! The carport and moving b-stage don't seem that spectacular to demand a $450 top price ticket! That's just straight up CRAZY! That's a grand for a pair of tickets!
please dont people will only find a way to once again go totally against U2,

U2Man said:

You are, but you are proving my point at this very moment. :wink:
what points that? people seem to be allowed to bitch and moan etc without being challanged, so why shouldnt i be allowed to defend the band?

I have to say that, apart from its uglyness, the Stones' stage isn't that innovative either. I mean, having the audience on the stage isn't a new concept either. Metallica did it in 1992, IIRC, and Bryan Adams also did it in 1995.
OK, so maybe the moving B-stage is new (although Mötley Crüe also had their drummerstage moved into/over the audience somewhere in the mid-Eighties or so), so it's nice that's where the $450 tickets went to.

At the moment you also can't make many comparisons to U2's Vertigo indoor stage. We haven't seen the stage yet the Stones will use for their indoor shows. Are those shows 360, by the way?

As for the Eurigo stage being a poor transition of the indoor stage: :huh: In what way is it copied from the indoor stage? Or is it the fact that there are some circles on the stage with lights in them?
I thought the Eurigo stage looked good, with its steel(-like?) structure and opening screen. It was quite back to basics, but that made it quite attractive. The minimalism suited the music well. :)

mabel said:

yeah 450 bucks is downright ridiculous. i wonder if those are the tickets that get you on the stage, if so then i could kind of see why people would pay for it. but theres no way i would.

KUEFC09U2 said:
what points that? people seem to be allowed to bitch and moan etc without being challanged, so why shouldnt i be allowed to defend the band?

You just said that you had realised that there was no point in you defending the band all the time in here. I make a little ironic comment about that and what happens? You turn into full defense mode once again. Can't you see it's a little funny?

anyway back to my question to anyone who wants to debate the issue about U2's stage, please do tell me just what could they do now? where someone wouldnt say "oh your just copying this" or "oh your just doing popmart 2"? because i would love to hear your idea's bearing in mind that the band wanted another "back to basics" feel to the tour etc, and wanted to keep ticket prices down, which low and behold compared to the stones prices with there fancy new "innovative" stage, what could they do to keep all these points intact?

U2Man said:

You just said that you had realised that there was no point in you defending the band all the time in here. I make a little ironic comment about that and what happens? You turn into full defense mode once again. Can't you see it's a little funny?
can you join in the debate i posted below, i would love to hear your idea's

Popmartijn said:
I have to say that, apart from its uglyness, the Stones' stage isn't that innovative either. I mean, having the audience on the stage isn't a new concept either. Metallica did it in 1992, IIRC, and Bryan Adams also did it in 1995.
OK, so maybe the moving B-stage is new (although Mötley Crüe also had their drummerstage moved into/over the audience somewhere in the mid-Eighties or so), so it's nice that's where the $450 tickets went to.

At the moment you also can't make many comparisons to U2's Vertigo indoor stage. We haven't seen the stage yet the Stones will use for their indoor shows. Are those shows 360, by the way?

well the main point i was trying to make was that this tour is new ground for the Stones in terms of production.

U2's tour, whether it be the indoor or outdoor show, isnt really something new for U2.

im not saying that the stones stage is better or anything, or even if their new ideas were good ideas. but they do get some credit for trying something new, new for them at least.

Chizip said:

yeah 450 bucks is downright ridiculous. i wonder if those are the tickets that get you on the stage, if so then i could kind of see why people would pay for it. but theres no way i would.

I believe the $450 is for floor seats. I think the ones on stage were $75 for upper level and $200 (or maybe $250?) for lower level.

mabel said:

I believe the $450 is for floor seats. I think the ones on stage were $75 for upper level and $200 (or maybe $250?) for lower level.
and from their you cant even see the stage, just a straight view down

This stage by the Stones look awesome. Any links to fans galleris where I can find more pics? any other message boards for the stones?

I like this stage more than the U2 stage. :reject:

I'm not U2's tour designer. I haven't even said that U2's stage is boring, bad or ugly. I just made a little comment about the people placed "in" the stage on the Stones tour is something *I* haven't seen before. It's really not a big issue for me. The setlist is much more important, and that, well....you know, what I think about some parts of that.

Chizip said:

well the main point i was trying to make was that this tour is new ground for the Stones in terms of production.

U2's tour, whether it be the indoor or outdoor show, isnt really something new for U2.

im not saying that the stones stage is better or anything, or even if their new ideas were good ideas. but they do get some credit for trying something new, new for them at least.
fair enough, but you have to understand my comments also, on that theirs really very little U2 could do now were people wouldnt be accusing them of copying themselves

mabel said:

thats just abusrd

KUEFC09U2 said:
fair enough, but you have to understand my comments also, on that theirs really very little U2 could do now were people wouldnt be accusing them of copying themselves

i dont know, there are stll lots of things they could try. they are very creative guys, im sure they could come up with lots of good ideas. in fact i think it was the bands hands off approach to this tour which has led to the lack of creativity. maybe if they had been more involved in the process we would have seen some more cool ideas.

one different idea for the arena should would have been to have a circular stage right in the middle of the floor. that would have been something new for U2.

Chizip said:

i dont know, there are stll lots of things they could try. they are very creative guys, im sure they could come up with lots of good ideas. in fact i think it was the bands hands off approach to this tour which has led to the lack of creativity. maybe if they had been more involved in the process we would have seen some more cool ideas.

one different idea for the arena should would have been to have a circular stage right in the middle of the floor. that would have been something new for U2.
but we would still have people that wouldnt be happy with that

some love it, some like it, some dont like it, some despise of it

they cant win

Chizip said:

thats just abusrd

I agree! While I don't think the $70-75 is really all that outrageous for the upper level stage seats, the $250 lower level and $450 for floor is just plain nutty!

zoopop said:

There have been complaints but the Stones are far more worse when it comes to playing the same hits. Since 89 it never fails to hear:

Start Me Up
Satisfaction
Brown Sugar
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Its Only Rock N Roll
Street Fighting Man
Gimme Shelter
Tumbling Dice
Sympathy For The Devil
Miss You
Jumpin Jack Flash
Honky Tonk Woman
And the new Warhorse "You Got Me Rockin" (Terrible song)

With U2 we have:
Sunday
I Will Follow
Bullet
Streets
WOWY
Pride
One

The Stones only played 4 songs from the new album last night. Can you imagine if U2 played 4 songs off of HTDAAB? This board would be :mad: .

Hopefully the arena shows for the Stones will be a bit more adventurous. I won't pay over $100 to see a stadium show.

Yeah well the stones have 40 years of hits and U2 has 20 years, so will see how a U2 tour is in 20 years, although I doubt they will be touring in 20 years so will never know as for playing 4 new songs the album isn't out yet hopefully they play more in the coming months. And I have the 40 licks tour and they played virtually songs from every album, I can't remember the exact number of songs but they were a lot

Back
Top Bottom