Stage Building and Set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artdirector

Refugee
It seems that the stage for the tour is currently being set-up and built now in a warehouse in the L.A., Burbank area. A friend of mine who is working in the area of where the band are rehearsing overheard a few of the techy guys talking about heading over to a warehouse in Burbank to see how the sound is going to be set-up for the stage. Seems they are starting to put the pieces together.

DAMN WE ARE ALMOST THERE!! WAHOOO!!!!!!!!

Cool! Keep us posted - and if you get any more detailed info you wish to pass along, please contact me directly.

artdirector, do you have a blog?

If not, you should start one to keep everybody up-to-date with your info. :)

No I don't. The info comes sporatic. My friend can't call me from where's he at. Really tight security. And he can't have a camera or notepad on him to take notes. He simply gets home and tries to remember what he saw or heard.

Tell your friend to gather about 25-50 people and makes signs that say "Play Acrobat". Then tell him to lead the charge of the "Play Acrobat" march. The band would really have to take notice of our request. :rant:

what I wouldn't do to be a fly on the wall down there in burbank..:drool: (which is pretty close to where my mom lives..hmmm maybe I will have to pay an unexpected visit:wink:

Wow I am surprised their rehearsal is at a warehouse not at a arena. Most tours usually use warehouse buildings in the L.A. area months before a tour to see the set up and the actual rigging and what type of monitors and dimmer generators to be used so they can give a Full Ryder Report 2 to 4 weeks before a show.

I heard (3rd party) that KROQ said this morning they are rehearsing in San Diego...right now...

If they are rehearsing in San Diego it would be at Cox Arena. I think that Cox Arena has events there as well. They would have March 21-27 open, if its not at a warehouse. If its not at a warehouse it would be either at an arena. Mostly likely arena's their rehearsing at would be the Pond in Anaheim, CA, the LA Forum, Save Mart Arena, Cow Palace, Thomas and Mack Center, or Glendale Arena. They could have the stage set up somewhere else, and the band would rehearse at SOMA's in San Diego which is next to the San Diego Sports Arena property.

they might as well use the Glendale Arena - it was built specifically for the Coyotes NHL team and we all know how the NHL season turned out.

So they're currently rehearsing in Burbank? I'm assuming that's just general banging away at the instruments and generic tech testing.

I would figure they would do their dress rehearsals about a week before the show, guessing the Cox Arena? Anybody know any specific information on those rehearsals?

A local radio station out here in vancouver has been saying that they have rented out GM Place for the entire month of April....very possible, its sitting empty without hockey

It's almost as exciting as waiting for the new albumn to come out... i read sometime ago that the band were going to 'dress-up' alot more for this tour and wear suits...
bazza

We would hope they would dress up, We wouldnt want 4 Naked Irish guys on stage now would we...

Well I can't speak for the Pleban's......;)

bono_man2002 said:
We would hope they would dress up, We wouldnt want 4 Naked Irish guys on stage now would we...

Well I can't speak for the Pleban's......;)

We've actually had "Suits" threads in PLEBA. There are many pix of Bono in particular in suits meeting with these big shots to save the world.

Back
Top Bottom