Some news on UK Tour...(not dates!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
According to Bono, in the new Q mag, the UK shows will all be outdoors. What that means for the rest of the world, who knows!

Just thought ppl might be interested!:wink:

I was at Wembley stadium Zooropa 1993 11 12 August.
that was my first shows.
i was 19 years old!!!!!!!!!
I WAS B A C K S T A G E !!
ALSO FOR THE POPMART 1997
AMAZING SHOWS!

WEMBLEY 2005!.....................

nooooo! seen them in stadiums and arenas, was hoping for indoors again, a lot more intimate! Theres just something that gets lost in stadiums.... unless your right at the front!

Willie Williams said that all of Europe was going to be outdoors, the US was going to be both arenas and stadiums.

Well at the moment I live 10 minutes walk away from the Twickenham ground, and by next summer I will be living 10 minutes away from the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff!!:hyper:

I'm so HAAPPPYYY!!!

GREEKBONO said:
WHERE IS THICK.......?
WHO PLAYS THERE? I MEAN CHELSHEA OR TOTENHAM?
OR ELSE?

They are the national rugby grounds for the Welsh and English rugby teams, and are the 2 largest stadiums in the country.

There have been some football matches in Cardiff, namely the FA Cup Final while Wembley is being re-built.

I recommend Cardiff to anybody that ca make it. The stadium is right in the middle of the city, so there will be a party atmosphere all day long.

I wa shoping that there'd be a bit of a mixture but anywhere as long as Im there I dont care!!!

Twickenham is going to Rock! :hyper:

Sun newspaper quote wwwdotthesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2004512265,00.html

cameraman

Aardvark747 said:
According to Bono, in the new Q mag, the UK shows will all be outdoors. What that means for the rest of the world, who knows!

Just thought ppl might be interested!:wink:

They could still possibly play Wembley. Does anyone know when the new stadium is supposed to be finished? I know the arch is done but don't know about how much more work needs doing on the main structure

Anyone know if these are the only two places?...they are both a bit far from the midlands for me:(

No. 3.5 said:
Anyone know if these are the only two places?...they are both a bit far from the midlands for me:(

It's only a couple of hours from Birmingham to London!!! If they follow previous stadium shows they'll do London and one Northern city, probably either City of Manchester stadium or Roundhay Park Leeds (if they still allow concerts there).

cdparky said:

It's only a couple of hours from Birmingham to London!!! If they follow previous stadium shows they'll do London and one Northern city, probably either City of Manchester stadium or Roundhay Park Leeds (if they still allow concerts there).

Is it easy to get a hotel near the stadiums? As with the last tour I'll be going on my own so I don't fancy travelling too far at night on my own. It was great being at the NEC as it was close rnough to go home after.

No. 3.5 said:

Is it easy to get a hotel near the stadiums? As with the last tour

Yeah, sure it is. That's one of the great benefits of the internet. Get your gig ticket, book a return train trip, and find and book a night or two in a nearby hotel, it can all be done online in a matter of minutes. Use some of the great map sites out there too to help you, such as http://www.uk.map24.com and http://www.multimap.co.uk, the latter one is particularly great when trying to find hotels near to the venue. I know it all costs money too, but heh worry about that afterwards - go enjoy yourself!!

I live in Nottingham, and travel all over the country to go and see bands. I've even been to Cologne, Rotterdam, Dublin and New Jersey to see U2. Get out there and go do it, its all part of the fun! Well for me at least.

>I'll be going on my own so I don't fancy travelling too far at night on my own. It was great being at the NEC as it was close rnough to go home after.

I know and understand your problem. As a suggestion, you could always hook up with some of the good U2 people here on these forums, I'm sure there'll be a ton of others in the same boat next year, I'll probably be one of them. You could also get a lift with a group of U2 fans and get shared accommodation - I'm sure there will be a lot of that happening next year too.

All in all, don't end up missing out because of circumstances etc., theres always a way around these things

:wink:

im hoping they do roundhay again - i went to see them there on the pop tour it was an amazing atmosphere - best live show ive ever been to , im hoping they do there - lots of people will be able to get tickets - me among them hopefully

Yeah, it would be great if they do Roundhay again, it is a great outdoor venue.

I've seen U2 there on both occasions and Simple Minds there back in 1989, and all 3 gigs were outstanding, and its located well for people all over the north of the country.

Back
Top Bottom