Some European Dates confirmed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonxalo

Babyface
24 June 2005 Croke Park Stadium Dublin
25 June 2005 Croke Park Stadium Dublin
26 June 2005 Croke Park Stadium Dublin
02 July 2005 Twickenham Stadium Twickenham
03 July 2005 Twickenham Stadium Twickenham
07 July 2005 Silesian Stadium Chorzow (Poland)
12 July 2005 Stade de France Paris

i can tell you 100% sure that those dates are real...
a few more to be added, probably they will play in barcelona and madrid (10th and 8th august) and in portugal after or before that !

Well, thanks for the info, though we dont know the source... :eyebrow:
Anyway, thats all we have for now :wink:

Would you mind giving away from your mysterious source if there are any concerts to be played in Prague, Czech Rep.?

i beleive all the dates apart from 24th June at CRoke park! if you look at the eleveation tour u2 never played 3 nights in a row! so i don't think it will happen this time either. a sourse has told me there will be 2 nights at croke park

Only point I'd make is that they have played London on almost exactly the same date in August on the last 3 tours, so maybe they will do the same. Hoping so anyway, those July dates would clash very badly with the Oasis tour.

yes, it's the home of english rugby, quite close to heathrow and within a bus ride from my house, if this is accurate, i'm going then :p

i'll seen this before on www :

01-06-2005 , Amsterdam , ArenA , Holland
03-06-2005 , Amsterdam , ArenA , Holland
04-06-2005 , Amsterdam , ArenA , Holland
12-06-2005 , Brussel , Stadium Roi Baudoin , Belgium
26-06-2005 , Dublin , Croke Park , Ireland
27-06-2005 , Dublin , Croke Park , Ireland
02-07-2005 , London , Twickenham Stadium , England
03-07-2005 , London , Twickenham Stadium , England
05-07-2005 , Vienna , Ernst Happel Stadium , Switserland
07-07-2005 , Katowice , Silesian Stadium , Poland
21-07-2005 , Florence , Franchi Stadium , Italy
07-08-2005 , Barcelona , Spain
10-08-2005 , Madrid , Vicente Calderon Stadium , Spain

andyuk said:
i beleive all the dates apart from 24th June at CRoke park! if you look at the eleveation tour u2 never played 3 nights in a row! so i don't think it will happen this time either. a sourse has told me there will be 2 nights at croke park

Actually, another seemingly solid rumour on this forum said that Croke Park will be played on the 24th and 25th with a show on the 26th added if there is demand.

U2 Croke Park

Announced on the radio in Ireland this week that planning permission had been sought with Dublin Council for the 24th 25th and 26th June next year for Croke park gigs.

jedi Larry said:
Vienna, Switzerland? When did the swiss conquer Austria?

Well, their genetically engineered cows make quite the cavalry.

U2C said:

12-06-2005 , Brussel , Stadium Roi Baudoin , Belgium
26-06-2005 , Dublin , Croke Park , Ireland
27-06-2005 , Dublin , Croke Park , Ireland
02-07-2005 , London , Twickenham Stadium , England
03-07-2005 , London , Twickenham Stadium , England
05-07-2005 , Vienna , Ernst Happel Stadium , Switserland
07-07-2005 , Katowice , Silesian Stadium , Poland
21-07-2005 , Florence , Franchi Stadium , Italy
07-08-2005 , Barcelona , Spain
10-08-2005 , Madrid , Vicente Calderon Stadium , Spain

It is also rumoured they will play two dates in Manchester, before the Dublin dates - I don't think they would only play London. Current sales of Bomb in the UK should ensure a number of outdoor shows.

Mike

Mike

Don't know if this is old news/rumours but....

-According to an article in La Dernière Heure newspaper U2 are confirmed to play Stade Roi Baudouin in Brussels on June 12th.

-Newspapers in Finland report that U2 apparently has to skip a show in Finland, as the Olympic Stadium has been reserved for the World Championships in Athletics 2005 next August.

-In a recent interview with Norwegian channel NRK, Bono and Larry reportedly said U2 will play Norway at the end of July, 2005. The interview will air on NRK on December 22.

-Word on the street in Italy is that U2 will play two shows next July at San Siro Stadium in Milan.

Last edited:
mikeuk said:

It is also rumoured they will play two dates in Manchester, before the Dublin dates - I don't think they would only play London.

As we've discussed in the other thread it looks like it will be two nights at the City of Manchester and I would be absolutely gobsmacked if they don't as they can do Manchester before or after the Irish dates because of it's Geographical position.
I think the most notable ommission is that of Scotland - look how pissed the band genuinely were last time round that whoever was booking the tour didn't initially include Scotland.

I see no sign of a date in Greece again, it's like we Greeks have a big NO U2 CONCERT on our foreheads or something! They came on POPMART and 100.000 people went, what makes them feel they can't hit that number again? Geez, they're really basing everything on the money
It's a good thing i'm studying in the UK, at least i'll see them there.
Doesn't sound like it's gonna be a lot of UK dates though...
xxx
joanna

U2C said:

Bloody Hell:mad: !

The Amsterdam Arena! I really don't like that. First of all it's really fucked up sound you hear there and second (and mayby the most important thing) it the home of Ajax (a soccerteam) and because I'm a fan of their biggest rivals (FEYENOORD) I really have to think if I'm going to attend these gigs.

I really hope that the dates are true, but that the location isn't!!

KITE 86: Krakow is very nice town!! I was there last year when I traveled back home from REM concert in Warszaw in July, btw. REM will play in Prague 23.01.2003

about U2 show in my country, it's very sad but U2 don't want to play here and I don't know why !!!???

Are arenas scarce in Europe or are stadiums just more prominent because of football?

Just wondered why they seem to skimp on Euro dates so much.

Sjoa said:
KITE 86: Krakow is very nice town!! I was there last year when I traveled back home from REM concert in Warszaw in July, btw. REM will play in Prague 23.01.2003

about U2 show in my country, it's very sad but U2 don't want to play here and I don't know why !!!???

Krakow is great indeed, im happy you liked it :wink:

Actually i planned going for the REM concert to Prague (they skipped Poland this year :tsk: ), but unluckily January 23th is the worst date imaginable :( I necessarily have to be in Poland on that day. But believe me, it was a really tough nut to crack for me, i really wanted to come...:slant:

How do you know U2 wont play in Czech?! They were in Prague the same year when in Poland, is that right? So maybe they'll drop in in 2005 also?

Back
Top Bottom