Sold out!!?? what do I do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Philly GA is sold out. Only show I can go to, only price I can afford. Do I hold off and hope they open more up?

Boston GA seems to be gone too ... ooohhh shiiiit, this is horrid.

as they've left 'open' dates, I suspect they'll add more dates - they're not going to put a date on sell to the public which already has all GA admission sold out.

I tried to get Philly tics too. I kep refreshing the page. I had to get in withiom seconds of it opening. My wait time was less than a minute and all sold out!! Did you notice the TWO prices for GA seats. There was a $49.95 and a $95.95. What's up with that?

I'm waiting for D.C. or B-more. Maybe Philly still has some $95.95 floor seats left.

something went wrong.....had to be. NYC/NJ same shit is happening. this is effing ridiculous. i was on in the first second and i was waiting for about 10 minutes and then said all tix were gone. wtf!!!!

beau2ifulday said:
as they've left 'open' dates, I suspect they'll add more dates - they're not going to put a date on sell to the public which already has all GA admission sold out.

I don't think all GA are sold out for these shows.... They would have put aside a number for the presale, for example 400 of the 1,800 or so they might sell. There will be GAs for the public sales.

i feel your pain, odowdpa... did you try getting tickets for 5/17 NJ for $160 + dollars?

good tickets are still available at the NJ shows.

But once you've seen U2 in the front row (last tour) there is NO FUCKING WAY I am paying $180 a ticket to sit in a seat.

I was trying for the MSG show, while that most likely is the biggest show as far as demand is concerned, I still thought I had a shot. I got on right 10:00, and kept refreshing until the page appeared ... once it did I tried for those GAs, got in immediately, then it said 'GAs Sold out' ... within 10 seconds? Bullshit. It doesn't seem like u2.com put many GAs at all in for the presale.

Anyways, so I went back and tried again but waited for probably 10 minutes before I was told 'sold out' again. I've been trying since, but it seems like every date is sold out as far as the presale goes.

Was anyone successful with GAs?

Mike

I just got off the phone with Ticketmaster and they are defintly sold out of the GA floor seats in Philly. I think I'm going to hold off and hope U2 opens up more tickets for the presale.

Wow! Talk about disappointing. Like ZenBat, I refreshed and had to be spot on getting the page. I put in all the info and it says GA not available. Now I may not have been the first one on, but c'mon. Then of course I get locked out. But what makes it even more frustrating is that tmaster has some sort of "type this word so that people with automated programs don't have an advantage" and on at least 4 occasions, I couldn't even read what the word said. I don't know if anyone else had something like that.
But anyway, what is even stranger is when I do best available, it is coming up with a side view seat. I am not even offered one of the $160 ticket. Are you telling me that the best available seat in a presale is a side view?

So disappointing. I'm curious, if you used your presale code but did not buy anything, is it still good for third leg?

bp out

I managed to get GAs at MSG and my friend did in Philly, so I feel we were pretty lucky.

1st try ---didn't have the code to paste, idiot!
2nd try---Searched for GA, came up empty
3rd try---Five minute queau (sic?), searched for best available and Jackpot! Amazingly.

I'm so content, I saw the Brooklyn show from the front rw between Bono and the Edge, and I don't have to spend all sorts of time on ebay for decent MSG tickets. bonus, I'm going to be in Vancouver at the same time as that show.

Now, if it could be 30 degrees warmer...

If you got shut out of the show of your choice, I would recommend that you call Prinicple Management's New York office at (212) 765-2330. It's probably too late to do anything about the shows that have already gone on presale, but in each of these cities, U2 will add additional dates as the original dates sell out.

If enough of us call Principle Management to voice our displeasure with the U2.com presale, perhaps they will hold off adding additonal dates in the already announced cities until the following weekend. This would allow them enough time to have another rpesale next week in advance.

If you got shut out of the show of your choice, I would recommend that you call Prinicple Management's New York office at (212) 765-2330. It's probably too late to do anything about the shows that have already gone on presale, but in each of these cities, U2 will add additional dates as the original dates sell out.

If enough of us call Principle Management to voice our displeasure with the U2.com presale, perhaps they will hold off adding additional dates in the already announced cities until the following weekend. This would allow them enough time to have another presale next week in advance.

Just got 2 seats miles from the stage up in the gods in Boston!

I've been going to U2 gigs for 22 years and have always wanted to see them in the States. Can't believe I'm going to Boston.

I'm so happy I could cry!!!

OR GO MENTAL!!!!

: )

TheZenBat said:
I tried to get Philly tics too. I kep refreshing the page. I had to get in withiom seconds of it opening. My wait time was less than a minute and all sold out!! Did you notice the TWO prices for GA seats. There was a $49.95 and a $95.95. What's up with that?

I'm waiting for D.C. or B-more. Maybe Philly still has some $95.95 floor seats left.

I got lucky...went through the e-mail link from U2.com and immediately got 2 GAs to 2nd Jersey show (May 18). If it's true that U2.com only put up 10% of the tix available then there's probably less than 200 total GAs up for grabs for each show. Since most people buy 2...I'm one of the lucky 100. I didn't bother with the Garden and I figured I'd have a better shot at show #2 in NJ...and a more interesting setlist (one can dream out loud) :)

Angtre01 said:
Just got GA's for the Boston show!!

This is absolute BS. I got in the second they went on sale and there were no GAs. All of my U2 friends have had similar experiences. I could have purchased mediocre gold circle, but they were on the other side of the arena.

I think no GA or very few GAs were sold through the presale. This presale is just like the presales for the last tour - same selection. Ticketmaster and the promoters are trying to force-feed fan club members the $165 tickets up front.

This is not an adequate replacement for Propaganda.

I called Principle Management and complained about the lack of available tickets for the pre-sale at MSG. They basically washed their hands and said there was nothing for them to do at this point.

They asked that if, I wanted to do so, I could send them a fax expressing my complaint, which I will intend to do immediately.

I got 2 PHIL GA tix at the opposite end of the stage in the mezzanine. I tried for $95 and even $160 tix with best available location and came up empty both times. :huh: Then I selected "any price" and got the 2 GA tickets without much of a wait.

Back
Top Bottom