So will it be announced at midnight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Jazz

The Fly
When exactly is the tour going to be announced? 10:00 am eastern time tomorrow? Midnight tonight eastern time? Does anyone know?

I wouldnt be surprised to see it at 12am GMT. It's probably programmed, heh should try to find the page :wink: or more likely 7-8am GMT when the webmaster comes into work.

12am GMT would be nice - 7pm EST!
but highly unlikely - at u2.com , it says something about "checking back monday MORNING"...

Last edited:
Good point...It very well can be later tonight...I think that area across the pond is about 6hrs ahead if I'm correct

U2.com just went down for a bit :yikes: :crazy: then came back up - nothing had changed but perhaps busy people are working....

Here's a little timezone conversion for everyone.

Australia: the east coast, without daylight saving, is 10 hours ahead of GMT.

USA: depending upon the time zone, without daylight saving, the US is 5-8 hours behind GMT.

LuminousTimes said:
right now u2.com has a short article about Bono at the award's show in France...It says the announcement is just "hours" away...could be sooner than i thought...

Well it is hours...:wink:

French Connection

Bono was in Cannes, France last night as U2 were honoured at the 2005 NRJ Awards.

U2’s ‘Special Achievement’ award was presented by supermodel and longtime friend of U2, Naomi Campbell.

And Bono’s acceptance speech, delivered in French to the delight of attendees, also revealed where and when U2 would perform in France this summer - Paris, Stade de France on July 9th and Nice, Charles Ehrman, August 5th. (Don’t forget - all the dates on this site in just a few hours!)

Now u2.com is just being a tease....

LuminousTimes said:

Right but the article says a "just a few hours". So maybe just maybe the 12am GMT might hold true...I don't know if it would help my sleep or not...either way is probably no good...lol

I hear ya, last night was tough enough, i have no idea how i'll get to sleep tonight without knowing dates!!

LuminousTimes said:

but will KNOWING the dates help either!?!? lol :eeklaugh:

I can't decide which will be better/worse.

Well it'll be alittle better for me knowing, i'm in the golf industry. It would be perfect if they where around my area early, and then again in the fall. The summer is a crazy time and would take alot more juggling. :)

LuminousTimes said:
right now u2.com has a short article about Bono at the award's show in France...It says the announcement is just "hours" away...could be sooner than i thought...

:hyper: :hyper:

U2.com, it has been the 24th for nearly nine hours in Queensland, Australia. Nearly twelve in New Zealand. So just where are the dates, hm?

:wink:

I can handle waiting for the dates, its the actual waiting for the moment to purchase tickets thats excruciating.

thanks for that time/date site, those are really helpful. I also use a site where I can translate money because I buy a lot of cd's from the UK, in case anybody wants to see how many dollars those pounds are, it's

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

those of us thinking about getting to the shows in Ireland (and vice-versa) will find both of those very helpful.

Thanks for that other one as well below.

Last edited:
bonoed said:
thanks for that time/date site, those are really helpful. I also use a site where I can translate money because I buy a lot of cd's from the UK, in case anybody wants to see how many dollars those pounds are, it's

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

those of us thinking about getting to the shows in Ireland will find both of those very helpful.

Another site to consider is: http://www.xe.com/

I wouldn't know which is more accurate or if they are both as good as each other.

Cue the "they didn't announce it at the stroke of midnight" whiners.

3, 2, 1 ... whine!

Axver said:
Cue the "they didn't announce it at the stroke of midnight" whiners.

3, 2, 1 ... whine!

*whine* they didn't announce it at the stroke of midnight!!!

I'm gonna have to go to bed not knowing the dates...that sucks...I'm gonna get up extra early tomorrow just to check for dates.

Oh wait...no I won't! SCORE!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom