So where will the rehearsals be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eliv8

Refugee
I just got off the phone with the Sports Arena and U2 have not booked the venue for the week before. In fact there is a Gulls game on Sunday, the night before. Any ideas?

mmm.. good question. they may have been rehearsing in dublin or an undisclosed area for awhile now. I believe thats how they did it last time. They rented out an arena/stage and worked out all the kinks. This tour is similar to the last in that the stage is almost the same so the only thing they should be working on is song arrangements. but then again maybe we'll have lemons come out once again.

I'm expecting the tour to be rehearsed in L.A. for the 2 weeks leading up to the San Diego opener. This first leg was rerouted to accomodate Edge who has a home in Malibu, so I think everything will be worked on in L.A. so as to allow Edge to be at home each night with his family.

Most likely, Anaheim. Completely open dates, the next show is there, so they could have one stage setup there, and one in San Diego, then move the SD stage to Los Angeles, then the Anaheim stage to San Jose, etc...

Anaheim is a bit of a drive daily for the guys to do from L.A., so I expect them to use the LA Sports Arena, which is almost never used, or the Forum which is open until Motley Crue roll in on 3/23.

On the Elevation tour, they only had 1 stage which went from city to city, unlike for Popmart or Zoo TV Outside Broadcast when they had 2-3 different stages revolving from city to city. On Popmart, there was only 1 screen though.

Last edited:
artdirector said:
This tour is similar to the last in that the stage is almost the same so the only thing they should be working on is song arrangements. but then again maybe we'll have lemons come out once again.

How do you know about the stage? Sorry, I've been offline a bit in the last few days. :der:

Back
Top Bottom