So when Ticketmaster releases tickets...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lancerla

The Fly
As the 3rd leg gets closer, does anyone have any idea when Ticketmaster begins dropping leftover tickets? I know that pickings are slim for most major cities, but Detroit is supposed to be pretty soft in terms of demand.

Do they release them at 10AM or should I be checking all the time? Any other advice on how to score? I suppose I can just wait it out (concert's not until October).

unosdostres14 said:
I think they do it randomly...but I thought that the shows are completely sold out?

Every show that's had tickets released has been 'sold out'. It's just Ticketmaster randomly put more tickets on sale, ones they didn't release initially.

unosdostres14 said:
I think they do it randomly...but I thought that the shows are completely sold out?

I think sometimes credit card charges fall through so tickets become available. Also, I could be wrong, but maybe once the venue has more info on the stage setup, tickets in certain sections may become available.

lancerla said:
They had a couple behind the stage open today. Not sure if they're gone now. I was hoping to score something decent for 10/25.

Who would have thought of checking this far away. I check once in a while though, but I never expect to see anything.

Did someone alert you or were you just checking?

I wonder if we should set up an email alert list for those of wishing to see U2 in Detroit? Anyone game?

Tickets still left - according to palacenet seating chart these are 3 row seats - behind the stage.

HappyFatBono said:

Who would have thought of checking this far away. I check once in a while though, but I never expect to see anything.

Did someone alert you or were you just checking?

I wonder if we should set up an email alert list for those of wishing to see U2 in Detroit? Anyone game?

I've been checking every day.

I'd be happy to get an alert going. How do we go about doing that? Get a list of emails? Let me know.

Last edited:
I am not sure how to set up a email list that we all can access - since it could be anyone who gets lucky and gets to alert us all.

Maybe we could start a thread and everyone who wants to be alerted can subscribe by email to it. When tickets become available we post to the thread.

Good idea.

And let people know if the box office releases more tickets on the day of the event would be good to let others know how that works out as well.

Tickets still left - according to palacenet seating chart these are 3 row seats - behind the stage.

What time of day did these show up? ??

I noticed another thread the other day of Tampa seats coming up.
Maybe all 3rd leg are slowing being released.

Last edited:
I am not sure what time they came up - I was alerted by lancerla - but I pulled those tickets about an hour ago.

Does anyone know or suspect if tickets auctioned on EBay will rise in price closer to the 3rd leg dates? Thanks

chilly said:
Does anyone know or suspect if tickets auctioned on EBay will rise in price closer to the 3rd leg dates? Thanks

In May, Boston GA tix for Oct. and Dec. were going for 300/pair. Now its near 600/pair.

chilly said:

Probably depends on the market...

Big U2 cities like Boston are high and will probably stay high.

Places like Houston/Dallas, Tampa, Atlanta (there's a lot of debate on this) - I think prices will actually go down when it gets within 2-3 weeks of the shows. There's a LOT of extra tix held by the brokers right now. They will have to dump this inventory at the last minute.

matt_tx00 said:

Probably depends on the market...

Big U2 cities like Boston are high and will probably stay high.

Places like Houston/Dallas, Tampa, Atlanta (there's a lot of debate on this) - I think prices will actually go down when it gets within 2-3 weeks of the shows. There's a LOT of extra tix held by the brokers right now. They will have to dump this inventory at the last minute.

Seeing as there are no shows in Louisiana, and the fact that America's 4th? and 8th? largest cities are only getting one show each and San Anotonio isn't getting a show, both Houston and Dallas will be hard to get. I noticed on other message boards that the Texas shows will be drawing quite a few Mexicans North also...

I'm pretty sure Ticketmaster drops extra tickets for every show. The biggest amount comes the week before the show and there are usually really good ones released. I've gotten Patriots, Springsteen at Fenway, and Dave Matthews tickets all on the day before or the day of the show (all online). Patience can pay off in the form of really good seats at face value. I'm already going to leg 3 of the tour, but I'll probably try to get more when the dates near and sell them to another fan at face value. It may seem like I'm hogging those tickets, but I'd rather get them and sell them at face than see a scalper get them and sell them at 10x the price:mad:

It's random on Ticketmaster and box office the day of show. I got 2 floors 2 weeks before the Anaheim show on Ticketmaster, and the Pond was releasing seats the day of show at random. I heard the arena, by law, holds seats for the handicapped and disabled.

I am sure the MSG shows will go higher.

At least you do not see the people selling the tickets on Ebay whereas you see them outside the show - that pisses me off...

Back
Top Bottom