So We Begin Again....The Brussels Setlist Party Part Uno!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2log.com is reporting the stadium has no water or toilets, and some fans are being removed on stretchers.

What the hell is up w/ Europe? No Water or Toilets?

2005_06_10-img050610-1744.jpg

FlyYourKite said:

:ohmy:

No water or toilets? Stretchers? :yikes:

This is insane... :mad:

Quote from U2log:

"We are allowed to leave the bomb shelter, but no guarantee to get back in from local security. No loo, no drinks inside stadium. Some fans already being carried out on stretchers. Some brainless gits already drunk. Mood: good. Brit pop music on the PA. Tons of fan made t-shirts, looking as good or better than the real thing."

However, this does not make too much sense, since stadiums are normally built with toilets *cough*

Brussels is going to be jumping tonight. One thing for sure the European fans have mastered the art of jumping in unison. Looks like a big wave. Surfs up!:rockon:

I have to assume that this is not the first concert being held in this stadium. Maybe this is the normal concert scene? What would make the policies for a U2 show so different than any other concert?

MrBrau1 said:

I'm just picturing the "Bomb Shelter" 3 inches deep with urine and feces, and Bono getting hit w/ some nasty stuff.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

poor bono.....hope his glasses will shield his pretty eyes *sigh*

So two quick questions (or point me in a different direction) if you buy your GA ticks to see you u2 from u2.com presale, do you have a better chance of getting close to the stage? *am confused*
2. is there no lottery in europe??

(there is a POSS i might be going in THREE WEEKS!!! EEEK!) :)

So two quick questions (or point me in a different direction) if you buy your GA ticks to see you u2 from u2.com presale, do you have a better chance of getting close to the stage? *am confused*
2. is there no lottery in europe??

1.Is not really clear how they're gonna handle that.
2.From what I read on u2.com there won't be a lottery in Europe. Praise the Lord.

See this is what kills me about some of the European stage shows. I was at PopMart in Rome, and Im telling you it was one of the most crazy ass U2 experiences I have ever had. It was held in an abandoned airport, and there were NO toilets (well so few you had to walk a mile to get to one and there were probably 10 of them for over 100,000 peeps) and people were going to the bathroom all over the place. One man died when the show started :( It was all over the papers the next day. We stayed towards the back (I couldnt even see the lemon:lol: ) and I saw SO many people being carried out it wasnt even funny. :(

Leetah said:

they better not pulling that trick here in Amsterdam:mad:
(Especially because I'm known for my habit to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes:huh: )

I have the same unfortunate habit Leetah! It does say on our tickets no drinks in the stadium.. and if you went to the loo i suppose you would lose your spot.. so you're stuck there i guess..

U2SJ said:
See this is what kills me about some of the European stage shows. I was at PopMart in Rome, and Im telling you it was one of the most crazy ass U2 experiences I have ever had. It was held in an abandoned airport, and there were NO toilets (well so few you had to walk a mile to get to one and there were probably 10 of them for over 100,000 peeps) and people were going to the bathroom all over the place. One man died when the show started :( It was all over the papers the next day. We stayed towards the back (I couldnt even see the lemon:lol: ) and I saw SO many people being carried out it wasnt even funny. :(

:huh: That is just nuts. The huge European shows sound so awesome until you take all that stuff into account. Thank God for plentiful washrooms and crowd control in North America! :bow:

Oh god, I'm starting to get nervous about this whole staidum situation...

However, RE: the toilets, the way I am reading it is that people are choosing to not go to the toilet so as to not lose their spots?

Miroslava said:
Oh god, I'm starting to get nervous about this whole staidum situation...

However, RE: the toilets, the way I am reading it is that people are choosing to not go to the toilet so as to not lose their spots?

Sounds like it.. interesting dilema.. lose your up close and personal to U2 place or - wet your pants.. hmmm..

Leetah said:

yeah,I know...it's going to be one hell of a battle:huh:

We'll get there hon.. :)

Elbows at the ready! And Ive been getting a tad worried about the sprinting we'll have to do when those gates open.. and im really not very quick.. :huh: oh well, all part of the GA experience I guess :wink:

Could you really enjoy your "front row spot" with soggy underpants? Or a load in your pants? How about dehydrating and passing out front row? Europe is screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom