so there definatley WILL be another tour...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
this from willies diary :

"Managed a good night’s sleep in my shiny new room (identical to my previous one but an exact mirror image which is most weird. I keep walking into walls when aiming for the bathroom, etc). Spent the morning in the room working on show stuff and putting some thought into some longer term ideas about future U2 tours. This sounds a bit dramatic, but there’s no better time to discuss live shows with the band than when we are in the thick of a tour. Right now it’s a very real, tangible subject, rather than the vague memory that it will be by the time we start the design process for the next time round. I’ve no idea where we’ll head next, but its interesting to think about, so I may as well make the most of having access to the whole band every day."

so this should put ALL rumours to rest

...and Willie will still be part of the braintrust.

I wonder if the u2 management threatened the Williams family to get him to rejoin. Bono did once say that leaving U2 was like leaving the mafia.....

u2fp

Yeah that's an interesting quote..

especially if they've already started discussing it.

Re: Re: so there definatley WILL be another tour...

trabantland said:

Hmmm, this quote is quite interesting in that why is it very real and tangible?

Most likely they are sketching rough drafts for stage designs for the next tour. Or they are recording an album right now, and then going to tour again.

But, if that is too extreme -- then Willie is most likely in the stages, or has completed drawings/ideas for the next tour.

This quotye is exciting, but contract negotiation has taught me never to use words like 'definite, guaranteed, or waranteed.'

Ever.

i almost wish they use someone different than willie for the next tour

someone who could bring it some new and fresh ideas

not saying that willie cant come up with new and fresh ideas, but when youve been with a band for so long sometimes you can become comfortable and maybe kind of fall back on ideas that have worked in the past

Well the ideas for this tour arent really new, the indoor stage is basically the same, with a slightly diffrent shape, and the outdoor, well thats just the Elevation tours outdoor setup with a video screen (And diffrent colour sound system)....In a way

Same can be argued for Zoo TV and PopMart I guess..

Lancemc said:
Imagine if U2 shows could use 3-D video screens. :faint: That could be wild.
who knows, maybe thats why willie has already strated discussing the next tour with the band :hmm:

<<3D screens>>

KISS did this in 2000(?) for stadium shows. I heard it was generally regarded as "lame" with lots of shots of band members pointing at the camera.

U2FanPeter said:
<<3D screens>>

KISS did this in 2000(?) for stadium shows. I heard it was generally regarded as "lame" with lots of shots of band members pointing at the camera.

U2 wouldn't tour again for another 1-2 years anyways

maybe the technology will allow for more flexibility by then

Back
Top Bottom