So that's what he meant by "Dress smart and comb your hair"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianh20

The Fly
Just watching the DVD of that VH-1 All Access show and I see that not only does U2 have the cameras on them, they have cameras aimed at various parts of the arena as well. He said that he hasn't caught any nose pickers but he's caught a few head scratchers. Then his advice was to "dress smartly and comb your hair". Fifty million dollar production controlled, literally, by a Playstation 2 controller.

Cool little feature on the creation of this tour though!

jon_lemire said:
But what role does it play in the show? Is the audience projected on the screens at some point?

I'm sure it would've been said at some point if they were showing the audience on the screens. He did say that they were "shooting movies" of the audience (all being controlled, literally, by a Playstation 2 controller. I paused the camera shot of Williams' TV showing the screens....he's got a TON of moving images on his TV and there was the number 35 on the left side. I don't know if that's the number of different cameras pointing at the audience (there were far more than 35 images on his screen but several were repeated). But he was watching them from the soundboard in an empty arena so you guys are being filmed on a nightly basis. :)

During "One" they show a collage of people's faces in the crowd on the video screen. The images morph into the shape of Bono singing and go back out into collages again of audience members. Their faces are extreme close-ups in black & white, quite grainy night-vision video quality. It works well with the song selection in my opinion.

paultjr said:
During "One" they show a collage of people's faces in the crowd on the video screen. The images morph into the shape of Bono singing and go back out into collages again of audience members. Their faces are extreme close-ups in black & white, quite grainy night-vision video quality. It works well with the song selection in my opinion.

VH1 did have a full screen shot of the people at the front of the stage within the ellipse a couple of times when they got the the Vertigo show itself. I guess that's what's being projected.

yeah they do show they audience cams on the screens before the show. quite amusing watching people they have no idea they are on the screens. also....i dont know if anyone else noticed that on that all access footage of "opening night" it was actually anaheim or la(they even threw in some boston dvd footage).

redandblack said:
yeah they do show they audience cams on the screens before the show. quite amusing watching people they have no idea they are on the screens. also....i dont know if anyone else noticed that on that all access footage of "opening night" it was actually anaheim or la(they even threw in some boston dvd footage).

LOL that's prolly my fault...VH1 didn't want to show the big Canadian flag hat I had on for opening night...and I was front and center!

A friend outside the elispe had to call my cell to tell me and my friends we were onscreen during the entire intermission so not to do anything embarassing.

I'm sure they'll be working more audience shots into the actual show now that the production is gaining some rythym and going smoothly.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I noticed the screens with the audience on them when coming back from the bathroom on my way back into the ellipse.

There's a bathroom there?! :eyebrow: lol
wow, that's great...:wink: (is it trouble to get to it?)

Back
Top Bottom