So since the tour is starting in Boston... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2004, 07:46 PM   #41
War Child

Local Time: 12:07 AM
U2 in Fenway

Quote:
Fenway Park baby!! The Band needs to play FENWAY!!!!!!!
I could not agree more. Maybe then SOMETHING uplifting will happen there. God knows it won't be a Sox game... (No offense, really; I mean, I love them, but sometimes... ) A little Walk On would do that place a lot of good, huh? Not to mention it being a kickass place to do a concert.

And I must say, to all the warm weather comments, that Boston is certainly not warm in March... Still, a girl can dream, can't she?

Old 08-24-2004, 04:18 PM   #42
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
i hope they play who's gonna pay fo youa crashed caaaahhh... that's song's wicked aaasome

Old 08-25-2004, 06:55 AM   #43
Blue Crack Supplier

Daddy's gonna pay
Old 08-26-2004, 02:43 PM   #44
The Fly

Local Time: 06:07 AM
How about a practice gig at the Paradise, or an orpheum show like the Stones did last year-
Old 08-27-2004, 02:48 PM   #45
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Daddy's gonna pay
i'm now mixing up whose gonna ride your wild horses and daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car... trying to mock bostonians takes a lot out of me.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:16 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
Well, I'm just glad to see the band isn't permanently mad at the city of Boston just because some out-of-towners tried to ruin a show after U2 security let in three rows of people into the heart in front of them.
*reads* So that's where Larry's angry stare and shaking of the head during Desire came from! I always thought he was being mad at someone taking pictures or something...

Not to start any fights (what Blue room said), was it ever cleared who gave the order to move those few rows ahead? I mean, was it the band, the TV station who recorded the show...?
Old 09-06-2004, 07:17 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Agreed...I've heard so many stories about that, but who knows what the real deal was? Anyway, I'm for a Boston opener, then Hartford And a Fenway show at the end of the first leg would seriously kick ass...
Old 09-08-2004, 03:50 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bayernfc
How about an opener in toronto in Feb. 15?
Oh, what a pleasant GA lineup that would be!
Old 09-14-2004, 12:00 PM   #49
Babyface

Boston start dates-

March 18th in Boston is fantastic...

Why?

I live in Boston..
My birthday is March 18th...

Please say it's so!

The only thing that could top that would be if the shows are GA and I end up getting near this tour's version of 'the heart tip'..

got my fingers crossed...
Old 09-15-2004, 06:32 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Guinness Stout
I checked out the Fleet Center calendar page, along with the Celtics and Bruins schedules, and there really isnt enough dates in March for Boston, other than a quick March 22,23 and 24- assuming they can get the stage ready in less than a day!
And that wouldnt allow for any practice time in the arena itself.
Even in Miami-American Airlines arena is getting booked up in March-
who knows, maybe there wont be a hockey season anyway.
I assume the tour will have to work around the NBA and NHL schedules for most arenas.
May or June is more likely in Boston since the season ends by then, and any playoff games can be scheduled around the concert dates.
Miami has 3 arenas (if you count Ft. Lauderdale). One of these is rarely used and thats where they rehearsed for Elevation for a week before the first show in Ft. Lauderdale. Folks there is almost no way U2 are rehearsing in Boston for an opener there. I still go with what Paul McGuiness said as more reliable than Bono telling a group of people (in Boston) this information, which could have been misheard, misinterpreted, etc. Paul said the tour is going to start in Miami.

Now what is interesting is if they do some type of mini promo tour. I could see THAT starting in Boston. But the main tour will not start there.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:33 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl

*reads* So that's where Larry's angry stare and shaking of the head during Desire came from! I always thought he was being mad at someone taking pictures or something...

Not to start any fights (what Blue room said), was it ever cleared who gave the order to move those few rows ahead? I mean, was it the band, the TV station who recorded the show...?
Dammit U2girl stop the fighting!!! LOL

Larry is definately looking at the "protestors" during Desire when he shakes his head in disgust.

Who gave the order? U2

Their theory was that they wanted fresh new faces with alot of energy to be up front on the video (as they knew they were planning a commercial release of it and at that time they thought it would air on HBO). So they took some people from the middle and back of the line and lined the heart with them as they figured they would be more "fresh" than the people who camped out all night up front. Was it a bad move? I think it was, but I dont think U2 thought it out. I don't think they were trying to hurt anyone with the move or figured people would be that upset about it. It was a bad decision on their part that got blown WAY out of proportion. Thats my take on it.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:36 AM   #52
The Fly

Local Time: 06:07 AM
I was about 15 rows up the side of the stage for that show, and I never even noticed the "protest"- the next night i was in GA and heard about it from some of the people who staged it
They must have been to about 10 GA shows in a row- the same people apparently were standing in front night after night- you know, being 4 rows back in GA is pretty damn good, I can appreciate being upset about being cut in line, but i don't think it was a bunch of first timers either- no reason to get that upset about it.

I hope they do some sort of GA again, even with a stadium show. Maybe with the hockey lockout some dates will open up!
Old 09-17-2004, 10:19 AM   #53
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
Now what is interesting is if they do some type of mini promo tour. I could see THAT starting in Boston. But the main tour will not start there.
Thats what i think may happen, like JT tour, a half dozen or so one off shows in select cities, say Boston, NY, Chitown, Atl, LA and SF for example possibly without all the bells and whistles the full tour will encompass (including an actual live Atomic Bomb which Edge will diffuse during the guitar solo from "Acrobat" without missing a note), followed a few weeks or months later by the full scale tour launch.

Of course there are now plenty of open dates at the FleeceCenter thru the winter/spring since there ain't no NHL season.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:07 AM   #54
Refugee

Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
fleece-center

*wishing for a teeny lil' intimate "rehearsal show" somewhere like the 'Dise or the Palladium or the Middle East.. w00!!!*
Old 09-21-2004, 08:41 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
[i]including an actual live Atomic Bomb which Edge will diffuse during the guitar solo from "Acrobat" without missing a note), . [/B]

That made me really laugh out loud. It would be so suspenseful that I wouldn't even be able to appreciate the guitar solo.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:45 PM   #56
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Maybe next September - Springsteen did it last year, Buffett did it this year. 2 nights for each artist. It definitely would be interesting....
Old 09-27-2004, 12:43 AM   #57
sv
The Fly

Local Time: 05:07 AM
openers

Artists are superstitious. Zoo and Elevation openers (and tours) were extremely successful - I think they'll do Miami again.

Bad luck with the JT-Tempe (laryngitis) and Pop-Vegas openers.

Club dates are essentially a gift to media reps and major well-connected industry players (and a few of us hopefully!). Their goodwill and buy-in are essential for large-scale success - U2 has learned this lesson well. So I do think that we will see a few club dates this year in the big media cities (and hopefully Boston also).

sv
Old 10-06-2004, 07:44 PM   #58
Babyface

Local Time: 09:07 PM
Don't forget about Portland on that schedule!!

..they usually come to Portland!! I hope they do again!