So I'm watching Letterman...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theedge070

War Child
And they just went to a commercial, so as they do they normally flash to a scene in New York, sometimes it's Time Square.

Well I happened to look at this motion projector in Times Square, and the walking man from Sometimes was walking across the projector!

So very random... :huh: The band doesn't go to NY until October, right?

Last edited:
I actually noticed that myself and I was thinking thats awesome.

do you think they got that from sycmioyo on the tour?

thetitans2k said:
I actually noticed that myself and I was thinking thats awesome.

do you think they got that from sycmioyo on the tour?

Oh thank God, I actually thought I was going mad when I thought I saw the walking man!

But I'm not sure where they got it from. It looked exactly like the walking man and the only place that he's made an appearance is SYCMIOYO, so I guess it's logical.

The "walking man" is also part of a public art display near NYC's City Hall/Tweed Courthouse. Could Letterman have simply taken it from there? (since he usually shows NYC scenes when cutting to and from commercial)

jon_lemire said:
The "walking man" is also part of a public art display near NYC's City Hall/Tweed Courthouse. Could Letterman have simply taken it from there? (since he usually shows NYC scenes when cutting to and from commercial)

Maybe, I'm not sure. He was projected on a Times Square-esque stockmarket scroller thing, I don't know how to describe it, but that was definitely him.

I also saw it on The Cut (the Hilfiger reality show) a few weeks ago but it was not in Times Square, not sure where exactly. I don't think U2 originated the image.

The image of the waling man is a self portrait from a man who does that type of art, originally there were supposed to be a lot of different persons walking on screen, but it worked better with that large one.

So actually vertigo took that from there, not the other way around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom