So, I may be going to the Buffalo show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wenda

New Yorker
Not sure if this should go here.

But I have a question...rather, I ask for opinions.

I just joined a yahoo_group for U2 fans and the guy I'm buying the ticket from said he'd give me a ride down since he has to pick the tickets up at will call anyway. I opted to rent a car and reserved it, but this other guy posted saying he has room in his car if anyone needs a ride.

Should I a)just go with the guy who is selling me the ticket, 2) take myself in the car or 3)get a ride from the guy chauffering a group of people.

My dilemma is this:

1) I've never met this guy...just talked to him for the first time today by email getting the info on the ticket. So I'm not sure I wanna get in a car with a stranger.

2) While it's the ideal, I really don't wanna go alone. I have massive fear I'll get lost along the way.

3) Sure I don't know him, but there will be other people in the car as well, and one of them a child from what I understand. Safety in numbers, I'm thiking?

Not sure what I should do. If it was an Interferencer, I think I'd feel a little better as I've come to be more familiar with the people here, but these people I just 'met' today.

Opinions?

Hmmm.....well it's 2 U2 ticket and I'd have to say I really have yet to meet a total dufus that is also a U2 fan. You are right by saying there are safety in numbers...my vote would be to go the group route. You never know, you may come away with a whole group of new friends and have a better time than being more by yourself. That's what I would do. I also do not like driving alone...

Situation seems a bit dicey. You might get there and all of a sudden the other people that were supposed to go “couldn’t make it” and who knows what this guy’s intentions are and he might not even have a ticket. My advice is rent the car and ride with a friend if possible but alone shouldn’t be a problem either. Meeting people like this is best done in public; preferably at the venue or meeting somewhere nearby if you plan on chatting or eating before the show. That way if you’re uncomfortable with how things develop you won’t have to depend on this creep, if that’s what he turns out to be, for a ride. That expose on Dateline about online predators gave an alarming glimpse into what is possible so be careful.

wenda posted on another thread that she got GA through the ticket drop at tickets dot com... :up:

Back
Top Bottom