so did the band play yahweh or party girl....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
check this paragraph out, taken from u2.com about last nights show

There’s a cool twist at the end of the show when a young man holding up a sign labelled ‘Trash’ is obviously eager for a walk on part in Party Girl. Instead, Bono having checked he can play guitar, a star is born playing Yahweh instead.

eh?

How in the world can U2.com be so far off base day after day. Do they even have anyone covering these shows? It is so frustrating.:mad:

ramblin rose said:
How in the world can U2.com be so far off base day after day. Do they even have anyone covering these shows? It is so frustrating.:mad:

It's a shame that what started out with obviously good intentions actually ended up being something so poor, considering the bands status.

Many of you will remember when u2.com first started. Ok, it was really basic with that 3D house thing, but at least there was a web cam in the recording studio, and you felt a lot closer to the band. Did we get ANYTHING like that with the recording of atomic bomb!?

It's always been a cumbersome site, and until they actually pull their socks up, Im not forking out money to become a paid up member.

These days it just seems like a corporate front, with maybe the odd bit of input here and there from the band (ie larry on the ticket fiasco)

Quite honestly though, I rely on fan sites for the most up to date information and downloads, and they do a much better job.

Sorry - i know this has got nothing to do with yahweh or party girl.. rant rant rant

I just don't get why the story is still up. Surely, every person who was at the Munich show has emailed the webmaster.

You know, this error is really just glaring. Did they even bring anybody up on stage?

Just goes to show you if you want accurate U2 information, don't go to the official site. :|

Aardvark747 said:

You really dont like Slash do u?!:wink:
to be honest i dont mind, but shaun keeps banging on about why he hates U2 these days, so am just doing the same

U2.com has sucked since the year 2000.

I think the band is only partly to blame for this.

I think they need some better creative input on that end...

I was in Munich last night and the band played Party girl instead Yahweh and Bono brought a fan on the stage to play a guitar with them.
The whole concert was excellent and splendid, audience was great, despite bad weather conditions and heavy rain.

ouizy said:
U2.com has sucked since the year 2000.

I think the band is only partly to blame for this.

I think they need some better creative input on that end...
who is it that makes the site any idea?

what difference does it make whether they played this or that,
just be happy they played.
its the same old show that you can get on any boot.
to me they've become stale & monotonous.
same show just change a couple of songs whoopee
That's why I sold off all my tickets except vegas, & I'll probably sell those to pay for a trip out there. LOL ;)

Imarocker said:
That's why I sold off all my tickets except vegas, & I'll probably sell those to pay for a trip out there. LOL ;)

smart man :up: :|

U2@NYC said:

I read that Adam's brother (Sebastian) is behind it...

NEVER a good idea to have family in control of something so important, as it's always going to be tricky to fire them if they screw up.

Imarocker said:
wouldnt say its the same show at all, there are at least 8 songs they didnt play during the last tour, plus the stage is actually pretty different, even if people dont want to belive it is, and the feeling is also alot different, shame you felt like you had to sell your tickets :(

I'm not talking about the last tour I saw that too. You can't compare tours years apart. I am focusing on this one only & after seeing 4 shows in May, where I did get to hear different songs; IF you look at the set lists from Europe its pretty much the same show night after night. I'm not paying big money to see the same show I saw in May with 2-3 different songs.
And for those people who are WAKE UP

by the way all my tickets were GA's

Last edited:
Imarocker said:
I'm not talking about the last tour I saw that too. You can't compare tours years apart. I am focusing on this one only & after seeing 4 shows in May, where I did get to hear different songs; IF you look at the set lists from Europe its pretty much the same show night after night. I'm not paying big money to see the same show I saw in May with 2-3 different songs.
And for those people who are WAKE UP fools.
well whos to say they wont change it for the 3rd leg? you cant 100% say they wont, also, the only reason the sets are the same in europe is simple because most citys and countrys are only getting 1 show, where as in the states it will be more like 4 shows per city

also i think its abit unfair to call the people who even if the set stays the same, want to go to more than 1 show, i know i do, but due to reasons out of my control i could only get to manchester, would have loved to have gone to ALOT more, even with the same set

KUEFC09U2 said:
wouldnt say its the same show at all, there are at least 8 songs they didnt play during the last tour, plus the stage is actually pretty different, even if people dont want to belive it is, and the feeling is also alot different, shame you felt like you had to sell your tickets :(

8 songs??? ha I go see a Springsteen show & he changes that many the NEXT night. I really don't care about the stage show, I'm going to see the performers, not a bunch of lights

Imarocker said:

8 songs??? ha I go see a Springsteen show & he changes that many the NEXT night. I really don't care about the stage show, I'm going to see the performers, not a bunch of lights
well dont go and see U2 anymore then? stay with springsteen if you feel that way? big deal if he changes that many each night, he has about 9 people on stage with him so it becomes alot easier to change it,

i really dont get this big deal with springsteen

kellyahern said:
Even with the same setlist, the experience is different at each show.

I don't care if someone calls me a fool. I'll be there, having a great time, and they won't. No big deal.

I don't see the experience being different when 90% of the show is the same as the last one I saw in Boston on 5/28

Imarocker said:

I don't see the experience being different when 90% of the show is the same as the last one I saw in Boston on 5/28
have you been to more than 1?

Imarocker said:
I'm not paying big money to see the same show I saw in May with 2-3 different songs. And for those people who are WAKE UP

Perhaps your issue is just not as big an issue for those people? After all, their opinion may or may not differ from yours - who's to say?

I don't think calling them fools is appropriate.

KUEFC09U2 said:
well dont go and see U2 anymore then? stay with springsteen if you feel that way? big deal if he changes that many each night, he has about 9 people on stage with him so it becomes alot easier to change it,

i really dont get this big deal with springsteen

maybe you should try it. just because he has more of a band means nothing. On his current solo tour he changes the set list EACH night. I plan on seeing Bruce & the band plenty when they tour in the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom