Snow Patrol to support U2 in Europe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snow patrol are a great band, Im really happy there playing in Manchester,
1st I find out Snow patrol are supporting then I watched SYCMIOYO video, can this day get any better

Vertigo Fly said:

Also I think there is a good chance of 2 support acts as it is stadiums and that seems to be the case often (Chilis last year, REM this year).

I saw Chilis last year...James Brown wasn't bad, but my God, Chicks on Speed were horrendous.

corner said:
Don't suppose anyone went to the Glasgow SECC gigs during the last tour and witnessed the Cosmic Rough Riders supporting? Such a random crappy band to be supporting U2 they were...I think one of them "knew" the Edge which was why they got the slot.
Hmm...cosmic muff riders would have been a more appropriate name after that performance.

I think I remember the Cosmic Rough Riders getting the gig, 'cause U2 wanted to showcase a local (i.e. Glasgow) band at the time. Can't imagine why that never happened again :wink:

Hmmmmm :huh:

Last edited:
Im well happy snow patrol are supporting. they are a great band, can't understand all the SP bashing on the first page of this thread.

one night....two great bands....can't wait!

corner - i was at the 2nd night of the SECC gig&yep, agree with that view pretty much. Was i bored with them&so glad when U2 finally came on - after the excitement of Martin O'Neil being seen sat near the back!
:huh:

I would be quite happy to see Snow Patrol, myself but i wouldn't want it to be Franz Ferdinand - I'm not into them at all! Am i the only one out there who just isn't crazy about them?? Pass!

I do actually really love the Scissor Sisters now, though i never liked them at first. I'd be happy if they were support at Hampden!
Getting slightly worried, though since it sounded at first as if we were going to get SP, but after seeing that latest announcement...oh dear, beginning to pray it's not FF!!!:no: :scream:

For those who don't like SP, give "Chocolate" of Final Straw a good listen. One of my favourite songs.

I haven't heard enough of K.o.L to make a really informed decision regarding whether or not I like them - but I know I like Snow Patrol. Despite the generally negative vibe they're getting, I would have liked to see Snow Patrol. I guess I can make a decision after I see 'em in April.

I've seen Snow Patrol 4 times now and they're brilliant live!!!!

Give 'em a break!!

The songs are great, they're a lot more rocky live than on record and the singers a great frontman - always has a laugh with the crowd.

I'm totally pleased with this!

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Snow Patrol should be quite cool. I watched their set on the Tsunami gig the other week - and that was pretty good. Id've prefered Keane myself tho...

boosterjuice said:
For those who don't like SP, give "Chocolate" of Final Straw a good listen. One of my favourite songs.

but make sure you call it 'Final Straw' because Chocolate is a stupid name

I am looking forward to Snow Patrol, I visited their website but found quite a lot of rude remarks about U2 on the Forum. One in particular said "why are S P lowering themselves to open for U2" Some of their fans obviously think that S P are better than the rock gods "U2" and shouldn't be bothering to waste their time even turning up even though I've read that the group themselves are very pleased to have been asked?!:mad:

I think Snow Patrol is cool, especially the song 'Run'. But The Killers will support u2 in Amsterdam. I didn't expect that! But I will listen to their album, hot fuss or something...?

Back
Top Bottom