Snippets You Want To Hear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Snippets always make a live song a bit more fun (as long as it's good, of course!:wink: ). I'm sure I'll think of more, but here's the one I thought of that made me start this thread:

Elevation/All These Things That I Have Done (Killers):

"..A star
Lit up like a cigar
Strung out like a guitar
Maybe you can educate my mind

Explain all these controls
Can't sing but
**I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier!
I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier!
I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier!

A mole
digging in a hole...."

"I've got soul but I'm not a soldier" is the worst fucking line ever written.

Axver said:

Nope:wink: it sounds cool, therefore it is:cool:

The Unicorn- Shel Silverstein poem that the Irish rovers adapted into a song

The Motorcycle Song- Arlo Guthrie...I actually think Larry should sing this considering his love of bikes etc. I usually randomly mention this idea in setlist parties but no one ever pays attention to me, I guess there's no love for the Motorcycle (Significance of the Pickle) Song. :tsk:

:wink:

SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

Elevation / Instant Karma

"And we all, shine on, like the moon the stars and the sun, we all shine on, Elevation!"

Bad / Grace

"Grace, she takes the pain, removes the shame, it could be her name... so let it go, uh huh and so not to fade away..."

The Electric Co. / Metropolis Part I: The Miracle And The Sleeper (Dream Theater)

I was told there's a miracle for each day that I try
I was told there's a new love that's born for each one that has died
I was told there'd be no-one to call on when I feel alone and afraid
I was told that if you dream of the next world you'll find yourself swimming in a lake of FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE!
If you don't know, Electric Co.!
If you don't know, E-LEC-TRIC COOOOOOO.!

One Tree Hill / God Defend New Zealand (Thomas Bracken) / Six Months In A Leaky Boat (Split Enz)

May our mountains ever be freedom's ramparts on the sea
Guard Pacific's triple star from the shafts of strife and war
I don't believe in painted roses or bleeding hearts
While bullets rape the night of the merciful
I'll see you again when the stars fall from the sky
And the moon has turned red over One Tree Hill
Glistening like a pearl at the bottom of the world
The tyranny of distance couldn't stop the cavalier
So why should it stop us? We'll run like a river, on to the sea ...

Vertigo / Piano Lessons (Porcupine Trees) / U2 snippets

Credit me with some intelligence, if not just credit me
I come in value packs of ten in five varities
All Because Of You, I Will Follow, Native Son, Elevation, and
HELLO, HELLO! I'm at a place called VERTIGO!

Bad>every Killers song and KOL song>everyone leaves>U2 do private show for me:hyper:

Enter Sandman in Exit Light, Enter Night, Take My Hand....:drool:

I think they might do that again in Vegas or Oakland.

lemon_vr6 said:
SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

SHINE LIKE STARS

INDEED:rockon: :up:

Axver said:

C'mon, Axver---it's got enough cheesy catchiness to be good! :wink: You could actually make a few meanings for it, which might make it better. You could see it simply as a "I'm a lover, not a fighter" thing, or you could go really crazy and see it as "I've got soul, but I'm not a souldier"---kind of like "I'm a spiritual guy, but I don't go throwing it down anyone's throat." Ahh, to read too much into things! :D

Utoo said:

C'mon, Axver---it's got enough cheesy catchiness to be good! :wink: You could actually make a few meanings for it, which might make it better. You could see it simply as a "I'm a lover, not a fighter" thing, or you could go really crazy and see it as "I've got soul, but I'm not a souldier"---kind of like "I'm a spiritual guy, but I don't go throwing it down anyone's throat." Ahh, to read too much into things! :D

Or you could see it as "I'm the writer and I'm a brainless git".

That very line is the reason why I hate The Killers. Oh, and other terrible lyrics, but that one's the worst of the bunch.

I can't wait for everyone to be laughing at it in 10-15 years like people do now at the eighties and early nineties. :wink:

Running to Stand Still/Heroin

at the end of the song:
"she's running to stand....still. halle, halle, hallejuah, halle, halle, hallejuah, halle, halle, hallejuah...I...don't know...just where I'm going...but Iiiiii'm....gonna try...for the kingdom if I can... 'cause it makes me feel like a man, and I tell ya, things aren't quite the same, when I'm rushing on my run, and I feel like Jesus's son, and I guess that I just don't know, and I guess that I just don't know..." *buildup and go faster and faster, then stop and get all slow again, then repeat the first lines of RTSS* "and so she woke up, woke up from where she was, lying still...said I, gotta do something, about where Iiii'm...going." *end song*

that's how I play it anyway. Except I usually also do some WIDE AWAAAAAAAAAAAKE'S after the Heroin bit. But I think if U2 did this it would be 27434986 times better than when I do it.

Addtionally, I think U2 should snippet the entire album of Pop at the end of Vertigo.

"Let's goooo... in the belly of a woman... I'm lookin' for to save my, save my soul...if god will send his angels...I'm not the only one...livin' like it's the last night on earth...'cause I'm aaaaalready gone...bah bah bah bah bah bahbahbah...then will there be no time for sorrow...if you wear that velvet dress...please...wake up, wake up dead man...YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!"

Where the Streets have No Name/And You and I.

"...And when I go there, I go there with you
It's all I can do...

And You and I climb crossing the shapes of the morning
and you and I reach over the sun to the river
And you and I climb clearer toward the movement
And you and I reach over valleys of endless seas"

It will never happen, but I can dream.

AtomicBono said:
Addtionally, I think U2 should snippet the entire album of Pop at the end of Vertigo

Nah, I'd prefer October.

"I try to stand up, but I can't find my feet, I fall down, I walk into walls, I can't change the world, but will you be back tomorrow? 'cause it's October and we're going to the side of a mountain and I wish you were here to rejoice, and is that all? YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!"

Back
Top Bottom