sneeking in camaras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johal

Babyface
hey guys, I need some big time help.Im from Canada and saw U2 here in Vancouver and it was a piece of cake to get a camara into the concert now im going to LA to see U2 again and I was wondering how hard it is to get a camara into the show?? also if I bring one will they take it away?? will I get it back if someone takes it?? or should i take in a desopsable and ot chance my digital??
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< HELP >>>>>>>>>>.>>>>>>>>>>>
I got my tickets through ETS and we should be right there so some pics would be sweet.

I had to tuck my camera into the front of my pants (right around the belt buckle area) at the fleetcenter last night. My friend was turned away because he had a camera...he went and tucked it into the small of his back. You'd think that cameras were worse than bombs or something.

It's bizarre that they were so worried about cameras last night when someone got a knife in w/ about a 4" blade. I saw the blade, it was completely out.. I don't know all that much about knives but it looked like a switchblade to me.

I assume they confiscated the knife inside-the security guard in my section brought it down to one on the floor.

Last night at the Fleet Center I saw people having to throw away their disposables during the pat down. They didn't find mine but the security guards were getting after someone near me that was taking picures (we were only 2 people off the rail of the Ellipse so alot of security near us). After that I didn't use my flash and would only take pictures when hidden from view. Too bad, I could've gotten some GREAT pictures! Lots of camera phones around. They weren't doing anything about them.

thats funny, because they didnt care at either show in philly. i walked right in with my digi cam in my hand in plain view. there was a security guard directly in front of me on the rail for the entire show and I took about 75 pics without him saying a word. everyone was taking pics with their cell phones. i guess it depends on the venue.

In Chicago I snuck mine in. The night I had seats, they searched bags (but for some reason no one cared if GA people took in cameras). I have a pretty big digital, but I put it inside of a plastic bag and surrounded it with tampons, lol. Then I put two disposables in my purse to use as decoys so if they felt for a camera, I could let them take those away. It worked like a charm. The guy kinda felt the outside, asked me to open the purse, saw the tampons, and said OK. :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
In Chicago I snuck mine in. The night I had seats, they searched bags (but for some reason no one cared if GA people took in cameras). I have a pretty big digital, but I put it inside of a plastic bag and surrounded it with tampons, lol. Then I put two disposables in my purse to use as decoys so if they felt for a camera, I could let them take those away. It worked like a charm. The guy kinda felt the outside, asked me to open the purse, saw the tampons, and said OK. :D

Hey that's a great idea and I'll definately...oh wait...hang on...no, maybe not. :wink:

Genius idea tho!

In Philly I walked past security with my camera in my hand. Funny how things change with each venue.

LOL I used to work security in clubs - I KNOW it would work well 'cause I sure wouldn't have messed with that bag.

Any volunteers to sneak my camera in at Hampden ladies? :)

hmm, i must have goptten lucky; at chicago 1 i just walked right in. i had the cam in my pocket and there was no security there to check me. i just walked in.

For show 2 and 3 in Chicago I had no problems. Had my camera in a bag, opened it up for Security, and not a word. Shot 6 rolls of film over 2 shows. I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you are taking a regular small 35 mm camera just bring a spare battery and hide it somewhere on you so that way if they say you can't have cameras, just hand over your battery that is in the camera and you still have a spare! :wink:

For 3 of the four Chicago shows, my girlfriend and I had big digital cameras around our necks in plain view, and no one cared, since U2 was allowing cameras. We took well over 1500 photos for the three nights. Seemed like just about everyone had a camera in the front of the GA section.

well the Fleet Center claimed it was U2's policy that no cameras were allowed :eyebrow: The woman I e-mailed Monday told me that.

I got a disposable in but there was a security person right near me and one looking up from the floor.

I looked on boston.com at instructions and advice for the GA line. It said that cameras were OK, as long as they weren't professioal ones. :eyebrow: :huh:

funny thing! sometimes they do mess with you (security), sometimes not! Anyway, i always put my camera in my underwear and i go in....But if they have metal detectors this year( europe!), i'm pretty much fucked...I hope to get it in, i mean, what's camera got to do with it?!?!?!

dezmaas said:
This is all very strange. U2.com are encouraging us to take photos.

Originally posted @U2.com

Now Taking Your Photos

If you’re coming to a show, as of today, you can now post your photos for other fans to see - as well as your reviews.

Hundreds of fans have been submitting their reviews of Vertigo ’05 as the tour has moved from city to city.

As of today, when you submit a review, you can now add up to four digital images to go with it. (But no photos on their own ­ got to have your review with them!)

See Fan Reviews here

Yeah, between that and the arbitrary fashion the "No Cameras" policy is enforced (depending on the venue and the mood of security) we're getting mixed messages.

Maybe that should be a title for a U2 song, "Mixed Messages"

Last edited:
Going to tomorrow's Boston show, any other stories from the FleetCenter? From 5/24 or 5/26. Back on Elevation I brought a disposable to the Hartford show no problem; but it sounds like the FleetCenter security are harsher?

FYI--the Fleetcenter isn't banning cameras anymore. They've changed their policy to the same as all the other arenas, meaning small cameras are fine, just no SLR/detachable lenses. The security guy announced it yesterday while we were waiting in the GA line.

Weird thing is, I went to both L.A. shows back in April, on the first night, no cameras were allowed, and the other night, cameras were allowed so long as they weren't "professional."

I had to hide my camera in my very baggy cargo pants, I tucked my pant leg into my sock, and my camera was in my pant leg. (quickly ran to the bathroom and put the camera in my small backpack). I got a couple of pics of Bono and Edge before the soundcheck, so I didn't want them to take my camera.

I had my U2.com keychain, which did set off the metal detector. :huh:

Chizip said:
FYI--the Fleetcenter isn't banning cameras anymore. They've changed their policy to the same as all the other arenas, meaning small cameras are fine, just no SLR/detachable lenses. The security guy announced it yesterday while we were waiting in the GA line.

Whoa, deja vu--I wrote that!

:wink:

Chizip said:

So is this confirmed? I didn't bring my camera on Thursday but I really want to take it today.

Now Taking Your Photos

If you’re coming to a show, as of today, you can now post your photos for other fans to see - as well as your reviews.

Hundreds of fans have been submitting their reviews of Vertigo ’05 as the tour has moved from city to city.

As of today, when you submit a review, you can now add up to four digital images to go with it. (But no photos on their own ­ got to have your review with them!)

See Fan Reviews here

maybe someone should print this out and show it to someone if they question why you have a camera :lol:

I kept my digital camera in my hand and went through security and they didn't say anything at the FleetCenter (TD Banknorth Garden).

Even though Seattle I said that (non-pro) cameras were fine, fifteen minutes before doors opened for Seattle II, security came around to the GA line and told us that "U2 management just informed" them that cameras were a no-go and that bag-checks at the door would be confiscating them. Luckily, a nice security guy muttered to a few of us to stick 'em in our pockets and we'd be okay, since there wasn't a body scan.

In short, bring a disposable and plenty of pockets (because of our lack of pockets, my disposable became very acquainted with my friend's crack). The policy could change at the very last minute. And a print out from u2.com wouldn't hurt either.

For all of the women out there, I read on an ebay sellers site, she got alot of great pics by sneaking in her small digital camera by stuffing it in her well-endowed bra. I am not that well endowed, by my digital camera is fairly small.. With all of those great Victoria's Secret padded bras out there, I'm sure us girls can get away with sneaking one in that way! That is, unless they use metal detectors. Do they at some venues?

Back
Top Bottom