Smallest and Largest Venues on 1st leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruffian

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So what's the smallest venue the boys will be playing on this first leg, and which has the largest capacity? I know San Diego only holds between 13,000-14,000. Anyone know stats for other arenas they'll be playing?

Vox02 said:
I think:

small: San Diego?

largest: Chicago?

And, in Europe:

small: Nice (France)

largest: Barcelona :D:D:D:D

Vox

hmmmm...let me guess....you're going to Barcelona??

Interestingly, I'm seeing them at the smallest (if we're right) AND largest venues on the first leg. It will be interesting to compare. Enjoy Barcelona :)

Um.... New Jersey is pretty small (CAA).....San Diego is small (SDSA), Chicago is hudge.... New York is hudge...

SMB

According to past attendances in U2 concerts:

San Diego SA: about 13,000

East Rutherford: more than 19,000!

Chicago: about 19,500

NY: about 18,000

Vox

ruffian said:

hmmmm...let me guess....you're going to Barcelona??

Interestingly, I'm seeing them at the smallest (if we're right) AND largest venues on the first leg. It will be interesting to compare. Enjoy Barcelona :)

Yes!!! 80,000 people in attendance (and maybe 95,000, because the soccer team that owns the stadium will sale about 15,000 tickets).

barcelona_camp_nou1.jpg

Vox

I think Barcelona is going to be awesome. I can't imagine seeing U2 with 80,000 people.

Bought my plane ticket last night.

ruffian said:
So what's the smallest venue the boys will be playing on this first leg, and which has the largest capacity? I know San Diego only holds between 13,000-14,000. Anyone know stats for other arenas they'll be playing?

Staples Center holds about 18000, and it's also one of the most cavernous, there is a ridiculous 3 layers of luxury boxes between the 2nd and 3rd tier, anyone who has upper levels for Staples will be VERY high up.

San Diego is the smallest, easily. It was a great venue, (I thought,) on the Elevation tour. Quite intimate for an arena. Staples and the Pond seemed huge by comparison.

Ody said:
San Diego is the smallest, easily. It was a great venue, (I thought,) on the Elevation tour. Quite intimate for an arena. Staples and the Pond seemed huge by comparison.

Not a bad seat in the Pond. The lowest level doesn't have too many rows. The middle level only has like 6 rows. Most of the seats are in the upper tier, many of which would be equivalent to second tier in many venues. brilliant design IMHO.

Large capacity 18K, and every seat is good.

Staples sucks.

Well, the Pond is still bigger than San Diego, by far.

The 400 level in the pond is not that great. I went to a Ducks game there and sat in the 400 level behind one of the goals, and it sucked.

However, being on the floor at any venue for a U2 show is plain awesome.

Back
Top Bottom