Six shows and no "Bad"...What's up???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zwervers2 said:

Glad I'm not alone on this one. :wink:

Hate to say I'm beginning to agree with you. I've heard Vertigo 8 times now. COBL was first up in NY but we still got V x 2.We need the element of surprise now. You attend lots of meetings by the way.

when i listen to love and peace on the album, or bootleg - its crap! a nothing tune.
it works only when you are standing there watching.
which is the whole point i suppose.
and i'm sure that would be u2's attitude regarding vertigo.
they are unfortunately a bit stubborn on this one, and self-indulgent. if another band did that they would be fucked off stage

1stOne said:

Hate to say I'm beginning to agree with you. I've heard Vertigo 8 times now. COBL was first up in NY but we still got V x 2.We need the element of surprise now. You attend lots of meetings by the way.

lol; I am a very important person:wink:

So VIP... where is the Glasgow setlist party THAT I'M SITTING HERE WAITING FOR????????

U2FanPeter said:
If Vertigo is played twice for the remainder of the tour...

Where will it place in the all-time most played u2 songs list?

u2fp

at the 9th position??? :madspit: to Vertigo 9th position! :wink:

"10 minute snoozefest of Bad"
You've got to be kidding!!!
Anyone who would prefer 2 "Vertigo's" to a 10 minute "Bad" should have thier head examined immediately.

Numb1075 said:
I think it's great that they gave Bad a rest......you know it's coming back at some point, but when? So it's even more special when you do hear it. It's a real suprise.

I saw one show this tour and Bad closed it out. :wink:

I agree. I've seen Bad played 3 out of 5 times. On Elevation at Manchester (the last time I saw it played) it felt like a treat. It would have been a treat this time round but I don't want to get fed up of it. BTBS was one of the highlights of Zooropa tour but I think it's time it went.

I'm happy to hear Bad occasionally rather than habitually.

if u2 took out zoo station, the fly, and running to stand still, they'd have the worst possible setlist going.

unnacceptable.

i'm glad i'm not seeing them, what a waste of money. hope the rest of you en7oy seeing vertigo played a million times, while everything pop/zooropa gets pissed on.

Re: Re: Re: Vertigo

zwervers2 said:

I posted a question a couple of days ago and nobody(as far as I know) gave me a satisfying answer.
Here we go again: Would Vertigo be any less special when they would play it at the end of the set while not having played it as the first song...I realy don't get it why people are enthousiastic over a song(any song) twice. What I HATE about it is that you know the show is over( I hate that with every concert of a band with simular setlists) if you attended mancheste twice you got Vertigo 4 times and no OOTS, UTEOTW, BAD still no Gloria..
It's fine if everybody's jumping because Vertigo get's played but I don't think the crowd would be less estatic if they played I will follow in the beginning instead of Vertigo for instance..Again: The boys have 2 hours to make the perfect show and I still feel it's a complete waste of time to play a song twice. Even if they would play streets twice it would be ridiculous and THAT IS a classic..

And please stop with this you would have to be there to understand. I'm sure everybody has agreat time and Vertigo is a nice stadiumrocker but that';s not the point. The band has a great collection of songs and it is inexcusable to me that they "forget" certain songs in order to play a "spontanic" Vertigo again.

Don;t want to bitch too much because I'm REALLY looking forward to the Amsterdam shows but what annoys me is that no one comes up with a good reason..

Have a nice day everyone:wink:

i saw vertigo x2 at nj1 and just walked out and beat the traffic. as a musician, i find it embarassing to play the same song twice. you work your whole life to get to that point and have a catalog like that. i've talked some of my friends who are alos in bands where i live and who saw vertigo x2 and it pissed them off. atleast you can beat all the traffic at the stadium lots.

and this is factual information - i will follow would tear the house down more than vertigo to close out the show.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Vertigo

Vervefloyd said:

and this is factual information - i will follow would tear the house down more than vertigo to close out the show.

i mentioned that in another thread :rockon:

that would be awesome.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Vertigo

Vervefloyd said:

i saw vertigo x2 at nj1 and just walked out and beat the traffic. as a musician, i find it embarassing to play the same song twice. you work your whole life to get to that point and have a catalog like that. i've talked some of my friends who are alos in bands where i live and who saw vertigo x2 and it pissed them off. atleast you can beat all the traffic at the stadium lots.

EXACTLY.

it's wrong on so many levels.

Alan Jamison said:
Thing is, I Will Follow has been so fucking overplayed. It's amazing that people now think Follow would be exciting as a standard in this tour's set.

:yes:

its a shame all of the "new and exciting" songs that theyve thrown into the setlists to mix it up have neither been new or exciting

its funny how people get excited over with or without you or i still havent found what im looking for

Chizip said:

:yes:

its a shame all of the "new and exciting" songs that theyve thrown into the setlists to mix it up have neither been new or exciting

its funny how people get excited over with or without you or i still havent found what im looking for

The point is that ISHFWILF and WOWY are classics that get an occasional outing these days. I haven't seen ISHF played live since 87 and I would have loved to have heard it at Manchester1 but didn't.
WOWY was awesome at Manchester - it's a song we've all heard a million times and I've seen played live 5 out of 5 times that I've seen U2 but the crowd were well into it and I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

Alan Jamison said:
Thing is, I Will Follow has been so fucking overplayed. It's amazing that people now think Follow would be exciting as a standard in this tour's set.

I never got sick of IWF. :shrug:

Plus, this isn't a discussion about making songs like IWF or WOWY standards, it's about playing "Vertigo" twice in one show (it was about "Bad" but I think it has shifted to this :wink: )

Here's what should happen...instead of playing Vertigo twice the boys should pull out Out Of Control - it's a better song than I Will Follow and has the same if not more energy. I think they did this in Chicago or Boston. I can't beleive it hasn't shown up again.

good idea....or one night play close with "I Will Follow" and the next night do the same with "Out of Control."

Chizip said:
yeah i hate how people say you had to be there, vertigo at the end rocks, the people go crazy for it!

well fine then, move aboy to the opener, throw in a song like mofo or dirty day or please or last night on earth into the encore and then close with vertigo and wouldnt that rock even more??

vertigo twice is cool when its a random spotaneous thing that the band does when they're feeling it. when its planned its pretty lame. if you like closing with it, thats cool, then do that. just move something else into the opening slot so it makes room for another song.

A-fuckin-men, mate. There's no good reason to not open with All Because of You and then end with Vertigo. And putting a Pop or Zooropa song into the encore... :drool:

Hopefully by December U2 will have stopped with the Vertigo x 2 business and have an awesome song like Discotheque in the set instead.

...doubtful, I'll probably get Vertigo x 3. :bang:

the good side to all of this is that u2 should be thoroughly sick of vertigo by the time the tour is over, and they'll never ever want to play it again.

Zoomerang96 said:
the good side to all of this is that u2 should be thoroughly sick of vertigo by the time the tour is over, and they'll never ever want to play it again.
THAT will never happen...don;t you know it's a classic. Why else would they play it twice:huh:

RademR said:
Well look at this way, it will only be played at every show next tour, but not twice :wink:

Glad I will be hearing the song again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:huh:

Back
Top Bottom