Singing Happy Bday to BB King is so cool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apl

The Fly
I'm one of those that always judges the setlist, but to me tonights set list is not a big deal.. The highlight has to be singing Happy Bday to BB.... that's why U2 is the best.... the little things they do in a concert.

BB King is not my type of music/artist I follow but it was super nice of Bono to call him and wish him Happy Birthday in the middle of his performance and have 18,000 fans sing H.B. to him.

I got to sing to BB King :)

And holy crap was the sound and crowd loud, at least where i was sitting (section 306). There was a ton of energy, the crowd was so damn loud when vertigo started, I couldn't even hear myself, it was so surreal, and then from Sunday Bloody Sunday onwards most people in the crowd were standing up for the whole show.

I think they screwed up the sound mixing, it sounded slightly oversaturated. But then again it was my first indoors concert, and my first U2 concert, so I don't really know.

They should have done an acoustic version of "When Love Comes to Town" after the phonecall, like the version they did on Zoo TV. That would have been well cool. :drool:

lol neither. first there was this big "on his birthday, BB could have spent the day at home with his family, but instead, instead, instead..... he stayed at home." bono tryed to call him on a little phone rig that he had set up at the tip of the ellipse, which didn't work, so he got a tech guy in on it and then he grabbed edge because he was a scientist and they apparantly got it to work, but we could neither hear or see bb. sur ethe magic was lost a little, but it was very cool and the whole audience heckling bono and bono heckling back in full form was one of the highlights for me.

bcrt2000, what row were you in? I was in section 306, row 6

the call to BB King and pulling the band up on stage to play Out of Control...those fun moments made the show! :)

silver girl said:
bcrt2000, what row were you in? I was in section 306, row 6

the call to BB King and pulling the band up on stage to play Out of Control...those fun moments made the show! :)

I was in row 3, wearing a black t-shirt. And wow it was crazy when they played out of control, it may have been the wildest part of the show when it came to crowd reaction :)

Aparently my brother told me there was someone 2 rows directly behind us who was smoking weed, it wasn't you was it? :wink:

bcrt2000 said:

I was in row 3, wearing a black t-shirt. And wow it was crazy when they played out of control, it may have been the wildest part of the show when it came to crowd reaction :)

Aparently my brother told me there was someone 2 rows directly behind us who was smoking weed, it wasn't you was it? :wink:

I really liked the spontaneous stuff at Friday's show, it totally made it for me

HAHAHA it was these old people right in front of me in row 5 who had more joints during U2's set than I could count!

were you the guy that was standing during most of U2's set? some girl behind me tapped me after COBL to sit down! grrr

silver girl said:

I really liked the spontaneous stuff at Friday's show, it totally made it for me

HAHAHA it was these old people right in front of me in row 5 who had more joints during U2's set than I could count!

were you the guy that was standing during most of U2's set? some girl behind me tapped me after COBL to sit down! grrr

Yeah I was standing during most of the set, I got up for Vertigo, and again for Elevation (when they went full band). I only sat down for most of Electric Co. to Love and Peace since it was my first U2 concert and there seemed to be a lot of sitters (except the guy and girl to the left of me), but when sunday bloody sunday started i popped up again and stood for the rest of the concert because i really got into it.

When All Because of You started there was this old dude behind me (row 4) who asked my brother (to the right of me) to sit down, and the thing was that EVERYONE in the section was standing up for that song... I was thinking that was probably the worst song to try to get us to sit down during, since it had the most energy, and it was the encore, we stayed standing but thank God he didn't ask us earlier in the concert because it would have really ruined the concert for me!

The guy to the left of me was pretty funny, he kept doing air guitars when the Edge was going crazy during certain songs on his guitar, and the girl beside him was dancing like a nut, i was thinking maybe she should save that for discotheque :wink:

By the way if you haven't read my review its here:

http://forum.interference.com/t139045.html

Last edited:
BB King and U2 are both in Vegas at the same time, Nov. 4th & 5th. Not sure when BB King takes the stage, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a possible cameo performance.

Back
Top Bottom